Re: [BPQ32] Re: BPQ & the PK-900

  • Ron Stordahl
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 13, 2008
      Mark PY3SS

      Do you need an audio transformer to isloate the soundcard/computer from the mike input to the transceiver?  Do you use VOX or is there are way to generate PTT?  Is there a way to generate direct FSK rather than AFSK?

      Perhaps you have a link to the details?

      Ron, N5IN

      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 13, 2008
        John emailed me. I think we have it covered. But thanks for the return email.

        My 1278 Worked OK also but I'm just an old DRSI man. I like the things
        and have the external HF modem that plugs into port two.

        The PK900 works fine but it seems like the TX frequency on the HF modem
        is off a little bit.
        I have tweaked and tweaked and I'm over it.

        Dave

        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 13, 2008
          Yea I am and going back.

          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 13, 2008
            I use my radios and computers all grounded
            to the same point, so no need to use transformers.
            SV2AGW Packet Engine can provide PTT output at
            the COM or LPT ports. I don't think it generates FSK.

            Here is the link:

            http://www.kc2rlm.info/soundcardpacket/

            There is this Yahogroup:

            73, Mark Jordan - PY3SS

            On 13 Jul 2008 at 7:54, Ron Stordahl wrote:

            > Mark PY3SS
            >
            > Do you need an audio transformer to isloate the soundcard/computer
            > from the mike input to the
            > transceiver? Do you use VOX or is there are way to generate PTT? Is
            > there a way to generate
            > direct FSK rather than AFSK?
            >
            > Perhaps you have a link to the details?
            >
            > Ron, N5IN

          • David Calder n4zkf
            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 22, 2008
              The new P4 MB with ISA slots will be here Friday. With No memory!

              ISA Main Board JSP-403B $239.00
              2.8 P4 Processor $149.00
              Copper Heat sync w/Fan 57.00
              Total: $445.00

              I can't wait to get back to DRSI cards. Does it show?

              John, I'll try your file and we'll so how it all goes.

              73 Dave
              n4zkf

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 22, 2008
                Hi Dave,

                FYI I just bought a 2.8G P4 533 FSB for 49.95 from Geeks.com
                They had them up to 3Gig 800Mhz FSB 79.00 they call them used, but they
                really are Pulls, I haven't had any problems with the others I bought has
                been over a 1 1/2 years when I bought my first one from them, a good price
                on memory's as well free S&H. The fan cooled Copper heat sink is a very
                good idea, instead of a small heat sink and a tunneled fan.

                Surprised you were able to find a board with ISA slots.

                Mike Melnik

                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 22, 2008
                  I paid for it, that's for sure....

                  But I'm over the TNC's. I want my DRSI's back. I haven't had a decent bulletins
                  pass on 14.098 since I went away from them.

                  Plus I'm dumping the beta FBB. What a mess it is.

                  73 Dave