  • Matthew Pitts
    Message 1 of 89 , Jul 7, 2013

      Leaving aside your feelings about Winlink, the truth is that those systems can work at least as effectively over an HSMM-MESH based radio network as they do over the wired Internet. The challenge is going to be convincing enough hams to invest in the hardware needed to implement the network; they will say "why.do we need this when we have the Internet" and the simple answer is that the wired Internet is getting too dangerous to keep these thimgs on. Just my initial 3 pennies on the topic; I will probably post again tomorrow.
      Matthew Pitts

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

      From: Charles Brabham <n5pvl@...>;
      Message 89 of 89 , Jul 15, 2013