Re: Some questions, BPQ32, AR-Cluster, and RMS Packet

  • Jeff Thomas - WA4ZKO
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 9, 2008
      Good info Ron,

      For some reason I had it stuck in my head that to use AGWtoBPQ then
      you had to have AGWPE running and then AGWtoBPQ ran on top of AGWPE.
      Since RMS packet is going to need AGWtoBPQ, and I wanted the switch
      functions of BPQ32 (otherwise just use only AGWPE), I needed AGWtoBPQ
      and thus thought both were needed. Oops on my part. Yeah, it would be
      dumb to make things more complicated than necessary and add another
      layer to troubleshoot.

      Other than application mask flexibility are there any advantages of
      running ARCluster over one interface or the other (OCX or AGWtoBPQ)?
      One more solid/reliable than the other?

      Strikes me I need to just use the OCX method for AR-Cluster, set DX as
      the first app in BPQ. Then I make RMS the 2nd BPQ app, cfg it for
      AGWtoBPQ using mask of 0x2.

      Tnx for your help (and patience)!

      73
      Jeff