RMS

  • Jay WS7I
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 28, 2013
      John or anyone where does the winlink sysop update get logged ?  Not in the cms log it seems ??

      Still don't have my call and password working.  I use ws7i-9 ws7i-10 and that seems to go from the log as it records
      ws7i-9 ws7i-10 and then a password I guess but that doesn't work.  Working with them as well but its a mystery.

      Jay WS7I
    • Jerry
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 28, 2013

        I am beginning to this all this paranoid security WINLINK thinks they are gaining will kill same. No Real clear instructions on their site.. I am assuming mine (k9bbs-10) might have a chance of working after the weekend.. Then again it may not??? Will See…

        73 jerry

        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 28, 2013
          According to them both systems are currently working and only the old one ceases after 30 June.  So it should now work.

          I get from them on connect:

          *** WS7I-9 Connected to CMS
          *** [1] [01000-003] - Invalid gateway login - Incorrect password - Disconnecting (my ip displayed)
          *** Disconnected

          John's cmslog shows:

          23:47:13 10 WS7I-9 Connected to CMS
          23:47:14 10 Callsign :
          23:47:14 10 WS7I-9 WS7I-10
          23:47:14 10 ;SQ: 12345678             <====changed the next 2 numbers in case they are the pwd exch
          23:47:14 10 ;SR: 12345678 0 0
          23:47:25 10 Disconnected. Bytes Sent = 0 Bytes Received 97 Time 12 Seconds

          They say they aren't getting my winlink sysop updates sent from bpq32 console.  I dunno if this is worth the effort or not either.

          Jay

          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 28, 2013
            They need to allow the gateway flag but not secure login at least that is how mine was done last week.

            Also you need to make sure of your password from webmail I then used aitmail in telnet mode to get my new password.

            Jim

            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 28, 2013

              Jay

              Telnet Port example (New)

              CMS=1

              CMSCALL=WS7I

              CMSPASS= See following Web Site:

              http://www.winlink.org/WMInstructions  for details of how to retrieve your password

              Sysop Record if Windows version, Click on the Yellow BPQ ICON lower right tool tray,

              BPQ32 Console, This will open the MDI window, maximize Console window, click on

              BPQ32.dll Console Version 6.0.X.X to bring to foreground, then top of the MDI console window

              Actions, Update WL2K Sysop Record, fill in the information you want displayed, Click apply.

              The correct WL2K Report format in RF port/Ports

              Mike N9PMO

              Message 6 of 18 , Jun 28, 2013
                Do Not check the secure login flag is that right, Jim.

                Message 7 of 18 , Jun 28, 2013

                  Ok I t was me… Found the instructions that were on the site yet hard to locate… I have a personal preference against Websites with Black Backgrounds.. But that is just due to eye damage from Diabetes.. My bad..

                  73 jerry

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jun 28, 2013

                    To be clear Jim Where is this FLAG in Linbpq??? Thanks

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jun 28, 2013
                      It is not in bpq, it is in the winlink software they have to allow gateway access you need to contact Neil Hughes with the WDT and he can allow gateway access, or any other member I suppose.

                      Message 10 of 18 , Jun 29, 2013
                        Jay,

                        Check that you have a secure logon password for you base call (without SSID). Although CMSCALL includes the SSID, this is ignored in the password check.

                        If you have passwords set for call+ssid, make sure tha same password is set for the base call.

                        73, John

                        Message 11 of 18 , Jun 29, 2013
                          Bonjour John
                          is there in Bpq32 an RMS client integrated?
                          i spoke l;ocally with a couple of radio-amateur if i add any equipment
                          on line on Winlink and looking at their site they speak about RMS Express,is that the same in BPQ32?
                          Thanks
                          Gervais

                          4823.73N/06839.65W

                              http://www.viacapitalevendu.com/bas-saint-laurent/rimouski/maison-a-un-etage-et-demi-a-vendre/2239-route-132-e-mls:524509323?searchposition=1

                          http://rimouski.kijiji.ca/c-autos-et-vehicules-motocyclettes-motos-vertes-tout-terrain-2000-Yamaha-XT-350-W0QQAdIdZ460316895

                          To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

                          Message 12 of 18 , Jun 29, 2013
                            John-

                            I had that set to secure on their web page, and it didn't work. Lar removed it and it still doesn't work. I know the password and its the same that they know.

                            They claim sysop updates aren't coming, yet I went their with another program (RMS PACKET) and it of course new the sysop info and I put in the remarks the Date/Time.

                            It gets the SQ, SR codes back but evidently thinks the password is wrong.

                            I give up. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.