RE: [BPQ32] Re: BBS=1 parameter

  • Dave Zeph
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 9, 2008

      The G8BPQ software dates from the mid-1980’s.  I remember first using it with the W0RLI Packet BBS software.  That’s the reason for BBS=1.

      Tpday the parameter might more appropriately be named  APPLICATION=1

      73 -à Dave, W9ZRX

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 11, 2008
        Hi Jeff,

        BBS=1 enables the application interface within BPQ. Without it, the code runs as a packet switch only, (like a NET/ROM TNC), and doesn't allow connection to applicatiuon programs on the PC.

        73,
        John G8BPQ

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 11, 2008
          Thanks John, figured it was something like that, but wasn't sure.

          While I've got you, thanks mucho for your work on BPQ32! I'm just
          getting started with it and it looks to be a pretty slick packet
          networking package. With TheNet and FlexNet essentially dead
          (development wise), it's refreshing to see stuff like this being keep
          current and under active development.

          Thanks for your efforts and thanks to those that helped you
          refine/debug it!

          73
          Jeff
          WA4ZKO