RE: [BPQ32] Winlink Reporting

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 26, 2013
      Jess

      Click on the Yellow BPQ Icon bottom right of tool tray, this will open the
      MDI
      Window that shows all other windows, my mistake, only a couple of the
      windows
      Will display the Actions at the top of the MDI window, click on the BPQ32
      dll Console
      Window to bring it in the fore ground, then you should see the Actions, the
      last selection
      Is Update WL2K Sysop record, there is many entries including phone number, I
      would be
      Selective to what to add, in mine is as follows:
      Name
      Address
      City
      State
      Country
      Email
      Web Site
      Additional Data, (Additional is spelled wrong)
      Click apply

      The WL2K report is sent every 1/2 hour, after sent, check the WL2K web site
      http://www.winlink.org/ClientVersions
      http://www.winlink.org/RMSPacketStatus
      http://www.winlink.org/userPositions

      I checked for your call in versions, like mine it is incorrect, this usually

      Is from BPQ not sending the WL2K report, I just started Debug View and all
      BPQ programs, mine did send the report and WL2K Sysop, but Version is
      Completely wrong, I am in the RMS Packet Status correctly, not sure if
      The WL2K web site is having problems again?

      Mike N9PMO
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 27, 2013
        I am not using BPK32 with WinLink but I have had issues with showing up on the gateway list. It usually takes an hour or two for the reports and maps to catch up with changes. If it is taking longer than that to update try doing a telenet to the CMS and it should correct.

        Alan McGrew kc4mts
        kc4mts@...
         352-683-7264 cell 352-263-5920
        EC Hernando County ARES
        CERT trainer
        Bunch of other inconsequential titles
      • lorrring
        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 29, 2013
          The reporting programs on the server side require that sysop contact information be reported by BPQ32. If this is not configured and info sent along with channel information, the record is not complete and is not displayed.

          Set up sysop infomation reporting and all will be well...

          73
          Lor W3QA
          Winlink Development Team

          > Ken
          >

          > I am not familiar with the Linux version yet, but in the windows version in
          > the BPQ32 Console at
          >
          > Top, Actions there is a selection, "Update WL2K Sysop record", if you have
          > the same, make sure
          >
          > Most is filled in.
          >

          > Mike N9PMO
          > <http://www.n9pmo.com> www.n9pmo.com

        • Clayton Brantley
          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 29, 2013
            Lor:  I am not being listed on the RMS maps or reports either.  Did find that Winlink site reports
            that I am up-to-date.  I'm using G8BPQ's LinBPQ for the Pi.  My report line is:
            WL2KREPORT PUBLIC, www.winlink.org, 8778, N4EV-10, FM03MS, 00-23, 145.010000, PKT1200, 40,30,0,0

            Wonder what is left out?

            Clayton N4EV

            The reporting programs on the server side require that sysop contact information be reported by BPQ32. If this is not configured and info sent along with channel information, the record is not complete and is not displayed.

            Set up sysop infomation reporting and all will be well...

            73
            Lor W3QA
            Winlink Development Team

            > Ken
            >

            > I am not familiar with the Linux version yet, but in the windows version in
            > the BPQ32 Console at
            >
            > Top, Actions there is a selection, "Update WL2K Sysop record", if you have
            > the same, make sure
            >
            > Most is filled in.
            >

            > Mike N9PMO
            > <http://www.n9pmo.com> www.n9pmo.com

          • Harold Kinchelow

              The reporting programs on the server side require that sysop contact information be reported by BPQ32. If this is not configured and info sent along with channel information, the record is not complete and is not displayed.

              Set up sysop infomation reporting and all will be well...

              73
              Lor W3QA
              Winlink Development Team

              > Ken
              >

              > I am not familiar with the Linux version yet, but in the windows version in
              > the BPQ32 Console at
              >
              > Top, Actions there is a selection, "Update WL2K Sysop record", if you have
              > the same, make sure
              >
              > Most is filled in.
              >

              > Mike N9PMO
              > <http://www.n9pmo.com> www.n9pmo.com

            • Clayton Brantley
              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 9, 2013
                Good morning Harold.  Yes, I did.  It's a problem with the Linux version of BPQ.
                John says the reporting code has not been finished yet.  He's working on it and
                hope it will be in the next version.

                Thanks and 73
                Clayton

                Message 7 of 20 , Jul 9, 2013
                  The most likely cause is that you don't have a  SYSOP record in the WL2K database. The latest version has a command to set this up, See message 10997.

                  Although that message doesn't mention it, there is a macbpq version as well.

                  73, John

                  The reporting programs on the server side require that sysop contact information be reported by BPQ32. If this is not configured and info sent along with channel information, the record is not complete and is not displayed.

                  Set up sysop infomation reporting and all will be well...

                  73
                  Lor W3QA
                  Winlink Development Team

                  > Ken
                  >

                  > I am not familiar with the Linux version yet, but in the windows version in
                  > the BPQ32 Console at
                  >
                  > Top, Actions there is a selection, "Update WL2K Sysop record", if you have
                  > the same, make sure
                  >
                  > Most is filled in.
                  >

                  > Mike N9PMO
                  > <http://www.n9pmo.com> www.n9pmo.com

                • Clayton Brantley
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jul 9, 2013
                    I read that message John, have not been able to find where that info goes.  Do have the
                    6.02.15 version of Pilinbpq.  I put the WL2KSYSOP in the '.cfg file but the program
                    didn't like it.

                    Clayton

                    Message 9 of 20 , Jul 9, 2013
                      WL2KSYSOP is a node command. Enter it from a terminal session, (after entering the PASSWORD command)

                      John

                      The most likely cause is that you don't have a  SYSOP record in the WL2K database. The latest version has a command to set this up, See message 10997.

                      Although that message doesn't mention it, there is a macbpq version as well.

                      73, John

                      The reporting programs on the server side require that sysop contact information be reported by BPQ32. If this is not configured and info sent along with channel information, the record is not complete and is not displayed.

                      Set up sysop infomation reporting and all will be well...

                      73
                      Lor W3QA
                      Winlink Development Team

                      > Ken
                      >

                      > I am not familiar with the Linux version yet, but in the windows version in
                      > the BPQ32 Console at
                      >
                      > Top, Actions there is a selection, "Update WL2K Sysop record", if you have
                      > the same, make sure
                      >
                      > Most is filled in.
                      >

                      > Mike N9PMO
                      > <http://www.n9pmo.com> www.n9pmo.com

                    • Clayton Brantley
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jul 9, 2013
                        After a few trials I did get in.  System replied that KMYR:N4EV-1} Winlink reporting is not configured