Re: [BPQ32] Winlink Reporting

  • Clayton Brantley
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 25, 2013
      John:  I'm not showing up either.  Been thru the logs and it seems to be forwarding info correctly.
      The RMS poll is working correctly.

      73 Calyton N4EV

        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 26, 2013

          Ken

          I am not familiar with the Linux version yet, but in the windows version in the BPQ32 Console at

          Top, Actions there is a selection, “Update WL2K Sysop record”, if you have the same, make sure

          Most is filled in.

          Mike N9PMO

          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 26, 2013
            Mike...

            Running BPQ32 Windows version here (6.0.2.1) and I have only "Kill Winmor Tnc", "Kill and restart TNC" and "Restart TNC after each connection" under console "actions".   Pls confirm where you are seeing "update WL2K Sysop record".

            Jess  W0ECM

            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 26, 2013
              Jess

              Click on the Yellow BPQ Icon bottom right of tool tray, this will open the
              MDI
              Window that shows all other windows, my mistake, only a couple of the
              windows
              Will display the Actions at the top of the MDI window, click on the BPQ32
              dll Console
              Window to bring it in the fore ground, then you should see the Actions, the
              last selection
              Is Update WL2K Sysop record, there is many entries including phone number, I
              would be
              Selective to what to add, in mine is as follows:
              Name
              Address
              City
              State
              Country
              Email
              Web Site
              Additional Data, (Additional is spelled wrong)
              Click apply

              The WL2K report is sent every 1/2 hour, after sent, check the WL2K web site
              http://www.winlink.org/ClientVersions
              http://www.winlink.org/RMSPacketStatus
              http://www.winlink.org/userPositions

              I checked for your call in versions, like mine it is incorrect, this usually

              Is from BPQ not sending the WL2K report, I just started Debug View and all
              BPQ programs, mine did send the report and WL2K Sysop, but Version is
              Completely wrong, I am in the RMS Packet Status correctly, not sure if
              The WL2K web site is having problems again?

              Mike N9PMO

              Message 6 of 20 , Jun 27, 2013
                I am not using BPK32 with WinLink but I have had issues with showing up on the gateway list. It usually takes an hour or two for the reports and maps to catch up with changes. If it is taking longer than that to update try doing a telenet to the CMS and it should correct.

                Alan McGrew kc4mts
                kc4mts@...
                 352-683-7264 cell 352-263-5920
                EC Hernando County ARES
                CERT trainer
                Bunch of other inconsequential titles
              • lorrring
                Message 7 of 20 , Jun 29, 2013
                  The reporting programs on the server side require that sysop contact information be reported by BPQ32. If this is not configured and info sent along with channel information, the record is not complete and is not displayed.

                  Set up sysop infomation reporting and all will be well...

                  73
                  Lor W3QA
                  Winlink Development Team

                  > Ken
                  >

                  > I am not familiar with the Linux version yet, but in the windows version in
                  > the BPQ32 Console at
                  >
                  > Top, Actions there is a selection, "Update WL2K Sysop record", if you have
                  > the same, make sure
                  >
                  > Most is filled in.
                  >

                  > Mike N9PMO
                  > <http://www.n9pmo.com> www.n9pmo.com

                • Clayton Brantley
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jun 29, 2013
                    Lor:  I am not being listed on the RMS maps or reports either.  Did find that Winlink site reports
                    that I am up-to-date.  I'm using G8BPQ's LinBPQ for the Pi.  My report line is:
                    WL2KREPORT PUBLIC, www.winlink.org, 8778, N4EV-10, FM03MS, 00-23, 145.010000, PKT1200, 40,30,0,0

                    Wonder what is left out?

                    Clayton N4EV

                    The reporting programs on the server side require that sysop contact information be reported by BPQ32. If this is not configured and info sent along with channel information, the record is not complete and is not displayed.

                    Set up sysop infomation reporting and all will be well...

                    73
                    Lor W3QA
                    Winlink Development Team

                    > Ken
                    >

                    > I am not familiar with the Linux version yet, but in the windows version in
                    > the BPQ32 Console at
                    >
                    > Top, Actions there is a selection, "Update WL2K Sysop record", if you have
                    > the same, make sure
                    >
                    > Most is filled in.
                    >

                    > Mike N9PMO
                    > <http://www.n9pmo.com> www.n9pmo.com

                  • Harold Kinchelow

                      The reporting programs on the server side require that sysop contact information be reported by BPQ32. If this is not configured and info sent along with channel information, the record is not complete and is not displayed.

                      Set up sysop infomation reporting and all will be well...

                      73
                      Lor W3QA
                      Winlink Development Team

                      > Ken
                      >

                      > I am not familiar with the Linux version yet, but in the windows version in
                      > the BPQ32 Console at
                      >
                      > Top, Actions there is a selection, "Update WL2K Sysop record", if you have
                      > the same, make sure
                      >
                      > Most is filled in.
                      >

                      > Mike N9PMO
                      > <http://www.n9pmo.com> www.n9pmo.com

                    • Clayton Brantley
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jul 9, 2013
                        Good morning Harold.  Yes, I did.  It's a problem with the Linux version of BPQ.
                        John says the reporting code has not been finished yet.  He's working on it and
                        hope it will be in the next version.

                        Thanks and 73
                        Clayton

                        Message 11 of 20 , Jul 9, 2013
                          The most likely cause is that you don't have a  SYSOP record in the WL2K database. The latest version has a command to set this up, See message 10997.

                          Although that message doesn't mention it, there is a macbpq version as well.

                          73, John

                          The reporting programs on the server side require that sysop contact information be reported by BPQ32. If this is not configured and info sent along with channel information, the record is not complete and is not displayed.

                          Set up sysop infomation reporting and all will be well...

                          73
                          Lor W3QA
                          Winlink Development Team

                          > Ken
                          >

                          > I am not familiar with the Linux version yet, but in the windows version in
                          > the BPQ32 Console at
                          >
                          > Top, Actions there is a selection, "Update WL2K Sysop record", if you have
                          > the same, make sure
                          >
                          > Most is filled in.
                          >

                          > Mike N9PMO
                          > <http://www.n9pmo.com> www.n9pmo.com

                        • Clayton Brantley
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jul 9, 2013
                            I read that message John, have not been able to find where that info goes.  Do have the
                            6.02.15 version of Pilinbpq.  I put the WL2KSYSOP in the '.cfg file but the program
                            didn't like it.

                            Clayton

                            Message 13 of 20 , Jul 9, 2013
                              WL2KSYSOP is a node command. Enter it from a terminal session, (after entering the PASSWORD command)

                              John

                              The most likely cause is that you don't have a  SYSOP record in the WL2K database. The latest version has a command to set this up, See message 10997.

                              Although that message doesn't mention it, there is a macbpq version as well.

                              73, John

                              The reporting programs on the server side require that sysop contact information be reported by BPQ32. If this is not configured and info sent along with channel information, the record is not complete and is not displayed.

                              Set up sysop infomation reporting and all will be well...

                              73
                              Lor W3QA
                              Winlink Development Team

                              > Ken
                              >

                              > I am not familiar with the Linux version yet, but in the windows version in
                              > the BPQ32 Console at
                              >
                              > Top, Actions there is a selection, "Update WL2K Sysop record", if you have
                              > the same, make sure
                              >
                              > Most is filled in.
                              >

                              > Mike N9PMO
                              > <http://www.n9pmo.com> www.n9pmo.com

                            • Clayton Brantley
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jul 9, 2013
                                After a few trials I did get in.  System replied that KMYR:N4EV-1} Winlink reporting is not configured