RE: [BPQ32] Re: Some questions, BPQ32, AR-Cluster, and RMS Packet

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 9, 2008

      To: Jeff WA4ZKO

      Jeff when you get the AR Cluster setup and running let me know, I will explain an easy way

      To make RMS communicate with the AGWtoBPQ.EXE as Ron mentioned.

      Mike Melnik

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 9, 2008
        Good info Ron,

        For some reason I had it stuck in my head that to use AGWtoBPQ then
        you had to have AGWPE running and then AGWtoBPQ ran on top of AGWPE.
        Since RMS packet is going to need AGWtoBPQ, and I wanted the switch
        functions of BPQ32 (otherwise just use only AGWPE), I needed AGWtoBPQ
        and thus thought both were needed. Oops on my part. Yeah, it would be
        dumb to make things more complicated than necessary and add another
        layer to troubleshoot.

        Other than application mask flexibility are there any advantages of
        running ARCluster over one interface or the other (OCX or AGWtoBPQ)?
        One more solid/reliable than the other?

        Strikes me I need to just use the OCX method for AR-Cluster, set DX as
        the first app in BPQ. Then I make RMS the 2nd BPQ app, cfg it for
        AGWtoBPQ using mask of 0x2.

        Tnx for your help (and patience)!

        73
        Jeff