Re: wish list item

  • nl2prc
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013
      Hi

      I would like that if you have a call on a port thats linkt in kiss L2
      that you can mark this call as NetRom node with one command as a local call in BPQ.CFG
      without the use of ax25utils in Xnet you can do this so why not with linbpq

      > Jerry
      >

      > Looking at your BPQ32 Node Status, your Nodes table is maxed out,
      >
      > Known Nodes/Max Nodes 450/450, this can make it difficult or impossible
      >
      > To connect to an application, I would find the station/stations that is
      > sending
      >
      > ridiculously high number of nodes, It may be from your XRouter,
      >
      > use the INP3 setting in locked routes for the stations.
      >

      > I would limit in the global section before for ports section in bpq32.cfg to
      > MINQUAL=168 or no lower then 153, the same in
      >
      > Your AXIP port, really no reason to have such a high count, many of those
      > nodes will be unreachable anyways.
      >

      > Just my opinion.
      >

      > 73
      >
      > Mike N9PMO
      > <http://www.n9pmo.com> www.n9pmo.com

    • nl2prc
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013

        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013
          Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking for. Can you explain?

          Thanks,
          John

          I would like that if you have a call on a port thats linkt in kiss L2
          that you can mark this call as NetRom node with one command as a local call in BPQ.CFG
          without the use of ax25utils in Xnet you can do this so why not with linbpq

          > Jerry
          >

          > Looking at your BPQ32 Node Status, your Nodes table is maxed out,
          >
          > Known Nodes/Max Nodes 450/450, this can make it difficult or
          impossible

          > To connect to an application, I would find the
          station/stations that is
          > sending
          >
          > ridiculously high
          number of nodes, It may be from your XRouter,

          > use the INP3
          setting in locked routes for the stations.

          would limit in the global section before for ports section in bpq32.cfg to
          > MINQUAL=168 or no lower then 153, the same in
          >
          > Your
          AXIP port, really no reason to have such a high count, many of those

          nodes will be unreachable anyways.

          > Just my
          opinion.

          > 73
          >
          > Mike
          N9PMO
          > <http://www.n9pmo.com>

          RE: [BPQ32] Re: wish list item

          href="http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080">http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

          href="http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080">http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

          > should work now
          >
          > 73 de Ken
          > g7vja -
          gb7cow-3

          href="http://gb7cow.dyndns.org:5080">http://gb7cow.dyndns.org:5080

          href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "Jerry"
          wrote:

          > > Thanks Ken for heads up on www.
          > >

          > > Maybe John can latch on to this file
          and include some of the email in the
          > > New User
          notification..

          > > My real
          reason I just want to know who comes in from where. RF or AXIP and

          from there it would be nice to know if it were either

          > > 300 Baud Packet
          > >
          > > Robust
          packet

          > > PI II III
          > >
          > > Or Winmor

          > > But just knowing RF vs AXIP. If they leave no
          message. All I can do is
          > look
          > > them up in QRZ and send an
          EMAIL.. Welcoming them. Would rather use the
          > same
          > > method
          they connected from.. to Either try a connect or send them a

          message.

          > > I hope this
          makes sense..

          Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2013 4:21 PM
          > > To:
          > > Subject: [BPQ32] Re: wish
          list item

          > > Hi Jerry
          > > reference to your two links,the www in the
          address is not needed.

          href="http://.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080">http://.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

          href="http://.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080">http://.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

          > > Linbpq already has a daily traffic(date).txt which records
          incoming
          > > connections only thing it does not do is record the
          incoming port number.

          > > Ken g7vja
          > > gb7cow-3
          & T2England

          href="http://www.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080">http://www.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

          href="http://www.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8081/">http://www.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8081/> http://www.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8081

          href="http://www.mitchellwx.com/">http://www.mitchellwx.com/> http://www.mitchellwx.com

          href="http://www.n9lya.com/">http://www.n9lya.com/> http://www.n9lya.com

          href="http://www.kutche.net">http://www.kutche.net

          > > > <
          href="http://www.hfskipnet.net/">http://www.hfskipnet.net/> http://www.hfskipnet.net

        • nl2prc
          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013
            Hi John

            When i link a call in kiss to bpq its in L2 connect

            I want to link it so that i can put the call in the node list

            With Xnet you can do something like this
            add <PORT> <CALL> {<VIACALL>} [-] (n|d|nd)[p] [<ALIAS>]

            R local add 3 nl3dhr n dhrbbs

            Above i say to xnet that nl3prc is the call and dhrbbs is the alias

            so that dhrbbs:nl3dhr apaers in the node listing and users can see the call in the node list

            Nowe you have to do this difficult via ax25d

            And i don't want to use ax25d

            > Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking for. Can you explain?
            >
            > Thanks,

          • PE1RDW
            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013
              I have tested something like that with the aplication function of BPQ, it
              works with one limitation, the call and allias can not match the call you
              connect to so if you connect to nl3dhr the aplication call will have to be
              something like nl3dhr-1

              73 Andre PE1RDW
            • nl2prc
              Message 6 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013
                Hi
                yes i know i also tested and came up with this

                APPLICATION 1,BBS,C 3 NL3DHR,,,

                enter bbs on the command line wil connect to nl3dhr
                But i want it also to apear in the node and alias entry
                This can now only be done with the use of ax25d

                Ascal

                --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, PE1RDW <pe1rdw@...> wrote:

                > I have tested something like that with the aplication function of BPQ, it
                > works with one limitation, the call and allias can not match the call you
                > connect to so if you connect to nl3dhr the aplication call will have to be
                > something like nl3dhr-1
                >
                > On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 21:29:03 +0200, nl2prc <nl3prc@...> wrote:
                >
                > > Hi John
                > >
                > > When i link a call in kiss to bpq its in L2 connect
                > >
                > > I want to link it so that i can put the call in the node list
                > >
                > > With Xnet you can do something like this
                > > add <PORT> <CALL> {<VIACALL>} [-] (n|d|nd)[p] [<ALIAS>]
                > >
                > > R local add 3 nl3dhr n dhrbbs
                > >
                > > Above i say to xnet that nl3prc is the call and dhrbbs is the alias
                > >
                > > so that dhrbbs:nl3dhr apaers in the node listing and users can see the
                > > call in the node list
                > >

                > > Nowe you have to do this difficult via ax25d
                > >
                > > And i don't want to use ax25d
                > >

                > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@> wrote:
                > >>
                > >> Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking for. Can you explain?
                > >>
                > >> Thanks,
                > >> John
                > >>

                > >> _____

              • PE1RDW
                Message 7 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013
                  try it with:
                  APPLICATION 1,BBS,C 3 NL3DHR,NL3DHR-1,DHRBBS,255

                  the ssid of -1 (or any other ssid) is needed because otherwise the node
                  will try connecting to itself witch will not work.

                  --
                  73 Andre PE1RDW

                  73 Andre PE1RDW