Re: [BPQ32] wish list item

  • Dave Webb
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 23, 2013
      I would think last port used would OK because most of the time our users use either HF or VHF.  If they come in via an external node that would have to be VHF weather it be from the VHF node or AXIP from a distant city node.

      Dave

      On 6/23/2013 4:59 PM, John Wiseman wrote:

      I could keep a record of the last port a user connected on, but it would be more difficult to report ports if a user doesn't always use the same one.

      John

    Message 2 of 21 , Jun 23, 2013
      on the same topic, About be able to read a message while we list them, inste of writing down the number and reading then at the end of the listing?

      73 de Jean

      On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 11:24 PM, Boy <ken@...> wrote:

      Hi Jerry
      typo on my part,left the dot in after //
      http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080
      http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

      should work now

      73 de Ken
      g7vja - gb7cow-3
      http://gb7cow.dyndns.org:5080

      --

      Sysop de: VE2PKT (BBS), VE2PKT-3 (X-NET),VE2PKT-4, VE2RAJ (XRouter)
             : VE2RCN-1, VE2RDL-1, VE2RGC-1, VE2RVA-1, (The-Net)

      Internet:
      Telnet xrouter-ve2pkt.dyndns.org port 23 (Network Node)
      Telnet fbb-ve2pkt.dyndns.org port 6300 (FBB BBS)
      Telnet ve2pkt.dyndns.org port 9000 (DXCluster)

      E-Mail:
      packet:   ve2pkt@ve2pkt.#qbc.qc.can.noam
      ampr net: ve2pkt@...
      Inet:     ve2pkt@... or ve2pkt@...

    • Mike
      Message 3 of 21 , Jun 23, 2013

        Jerry

        Looking at your BPQ32 Node Status, your Nodes table is maxed out,

        Known Nodes/Max Nodes 450/450, this can make it difficult or impossible

        To connect to an application, I would find the station/stations that is sending

        ridiculously high number of nodes, It may be from your XRouter,

        use the INP3 setting in locked routes for the stations.

        I would limit in the global section before for ports section in bpq32.cfg to MINQUAL=168 or no lower then 153, the same in

        Your AXIP port, really no reason to have such a high count, many of those nodes will be unreachable anyways.

        Just my opinion.

        73

        Mike N9PMO

        http://www.mitchellwx.com

        href="http://www.n9lya.com">http://www.n9lya.com

        href="http://www.kutche.net">http://www.kutche.net

        > > <http://www.hfskipnet.net/>
        http://www.hfskipnet.net

      • nl2prc
        Message 4 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013
          Hi

          I would like that if you have a call on a port thats linkt in kiss L2
          that you can mark this call as NetRom node with one command as a local call in BPQ.CFG
          without the use of ax25utils in Xnet you can do this so why not with linbpq

          Message 5 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013

            Message 6 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013
              Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking for. Can you explain?

              Thanks,
              John

              I would like that if you have a call on a port thats linkt in kiss L2
              that you can mark this call as NetRom node with one command as a local call in BPQ.CFG
              without the use of ax25utils in Xnet you can do this so why not with linbpq

              > Jerry
              >

              > Looking at your BPQ32 Node Status, your Nodes table is maxed out,
              >
              > Known Nodes/Max Nodes 450/450, this can make it difficult or
              impossible

              > To connect to an application, I would find the
              station/stations that is
              > sending
              >
              > ridiculously high
              number of nodes, It may be from your XRouter,

              > use the INP3
              setting in locked routes for the stations.

              would limit in the global section before for ports section in bpq32.cfg to
              > MINQUAL=168 or no lower then 153, the same in
              >
              > Your
              AXIP port, really no reason to have such a high count, many of those

              nodes will be unreachable anyways.

              > Just my
              opinion.

              > 73
              >
              > Mike
              N9PMO
              > <http://www.n9pmo.com>

              RE: [BPQ32] Re: wish list item

              href="http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080">http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

              href="http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080">http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

              > should work now
              >
              > 73 de Ken
              > g7vja -
              gb7cow-3

              href="http://gb7cow.dyndns.org:5080">http://gb7cow.dyndns.org:5080

              href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "Jerry"
              wrote:

              > > Thanks Ken for heads up on www.
              > >

              > > Maybe John can latch on to this file
              and include some of the email in the
              > > New User
              notification..

              > > My real
              reason I just want to know who comes in from where. RF or AXIP and

              from there it would be nice to know if it were either

              > > 300 Baud Packet
              > >
              > > Robust
              packet

              > > PI II III
              > >
              > > Or Winmor

              > > But just knowing RF vs AXIP. If they leave no
              message. All I can do is
              > look
              > > them up in QRZ and send an
              EMAIL.. Welcoming them. Would rather use the
              > same
              > > method
              they connected from.. to Either try a connect or send them a

              message.

              > > I hope this
              makes sense..

              Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2013 4:21 PM
              > > To:
              > > Subject: [BPQ32] Re: wish
              list item

              > > Hi Jerry
              > > reference to your two links,the www in the
              address is not needed.

              href="http://.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080">http://.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

              href="http://.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080">http://.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

              > > Linbpq already has a daily traffic(date).txt which records
              incoming
              > > connections only thing it does not do is record the
              incoming port number.

              > > Ken g7vja
              > > gb7cow-3
              & T2England

              href="http://www.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080">http://www.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

              href="http://www.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8081/">http://www.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8081/> http://www.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8081

              href="http://www.mitchellwx.com/">http://www.mitchellwx.com/> http://www.mitchellwx.com

              href="http://www.n9lya.com/">http://www.n9lya.com/> http://www.n9lya.com

              > > > <http://www.kutche.net/>
              href="http://www.kutche.net">http://www.kutche.net

              > > > <
              href="http://www.hfskipnet.net/">http://www.hfskipnet.net/> http://www.hfskipnet.net

            • nl2prc
              Message 7 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013
                Hi John

                When i link a call in kiss to bpq its in L2 connect

                I want to link it so that i can put the call in the node list

                With Xnet you can do something like this
                add <PORT> <CALL> {<VIACALL>} [-] (n|d|nd)[p] [<ALIAS>]

                R local add 3 nl3dhr n dhrbbs

                Above i say to xnet that nl3prc is the call and dhrbbs is the alias

                so that dhrbbs:nl3dhr apaers in the node listing and users can see the call in the node list

                Nowe you have to do this difficult via ax25d

                And i don't want to use ax25d

                > Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking for. Can you explain?
                >
                > Thanks,

              • PE1RDW
                Message 8 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013
                  I have tested something like that with the aplication function of BPQ, it
                  works with one limitation, the call and allias can not match the call you
                  connect to so if you connect to nl3dhr the aplication call will have to be
                  something like nl3dhr-1

                  73 Andre PE1RDW
                • nl2prc
                  Message 9 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013
                    Hi
                    yes i know i also tested and came up with this

                    APPLICATION 1,BBS,C 3 NL3DHR,,,

                    enter bbs on the command line wil connect to nl3dhr
                    But i want it also to apear in the node and alias entry
                    This can now only be done with the use of ax25d

                    Ascal

                    --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, PE1RDW <pe1rdw@...> wrote:

                    > I have tested something like that with the aplication function of BPQ, it
                    > works with one limitation, the call and allias can not match the call you
                    > connect to so if you connect to nl3dhr the aplication call will have to be
                    > something like nl3dhr-1
                    >
                    > On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 21:29:03 +0200, nl2prc <nl3prc@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > Hi John
                    > >
                    > > When i link a call in kiss to bpq its in L2 connect
                    > >
                    > > I want to link it so that i can put the call in the node list
                    > >
                    > > With Xnet you can do something like this
                    > > add <PORT> <CALL> {<VIACALL>} [-] (n|d|nd)[p] [<ALIAS>]
                    > >
                    > > R local add 3 nl3dhr n dhrbbs
                    > >
                    > > Above i say to xnet that nl3prc is the call and dhrbbs is the alias
                    > >
                    > > so that dhrbbs:nl3dhr apaers in the node listing and users can see the
                    > > call in the node list
                    > >

                    > > Nowe you have to do this difficult via ax25d
                    > >
                    > > And i don't want to use ax25d
                    > >

                    > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@> wrote:
                    > >>
                    > >> Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking for. Can you explain?
                    > >>
                    > >> Thanks,
                    > >> John
                    > >>

                    > >> _____

                  • PE1RDW
                    Message 10 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013
                      try it with:
                      APPLICATION 1,BBS,C 3 NL3DHR,NL3DHR-1,DHRBBS,255

                      the ssid of -1 (or any other ssid) is needed because otherwise the node
                      will try connecting to itself witch will not work.

                      --
                      73 Andre PE1RDW

                      73 Andre PE1RDW