RE: [BPQ32] Re: wish list item

  • Jerry
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 23, 2013

      Thanks ken.. All fixed.. J

      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Boy
      Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2013 7:24 PM
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [BPQ32] Re: wish list item

      Hi Jerry
      typo on my part,left the dot in after //
      http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080
      http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

      should work now

      73 de Ken
      g7vja - gb7cow-3
      http://gb7cow.dyndns.org:5080

      > Thanks Ken for heads up on www.
      >

      > Maybe John can latch on to this file and include some of the email in the
      > New User notification..
      >

      > My real reason I just want to know who comes in from where. RF or AXIP and
      > from there it would be nice to know if it were either
      >

      > 300 Baud Packet
      >
      > Robust packet
      >
      > PI II III
      >
      > Or Winmor

      > But just knowing RF vs AXIP. If they leave no message. All I can do is look
      > them up in QRZ and send an EMAIL.. Welcoming them. Would rather use the same
      > method they connected from.. to Either try a connect or send them a message.
      >

      > I hope this makes sense..
      >

      > When I first started Using Packet in 1991.. I logged in to N5CEC in
      > Indianapolis
      >
      > I received Personal message from the sysop. Welcoming me to his BBS.
      >
      > In the mail a few short days later I received Detailed instructions on how
      > to use that Specific BBS in a nice bound folder.
      >

      > I know now a days we have email, I would still prefer a PMAIL. so I could
      > always send info on the BBS.. But a personal Pmail message would be
      > preferred and I could attach the BPQ User Command to same.
      >

      > As it stands now.. I seem to have no desire to EMAIL, and few get a welcome
      > message, due to that fact. when we have this Amateur Radio Method of
      > replying. Even if the Pmail must go out via AXIP.. It is more preferred over
      > sending it from my Email Account with my ISP.. Not sure there is much
      > difference.. But .. Then not all hams have email listed at QRZ.
      >

      > We have SO MUCH power in our systems.. I wish to utilize that power.
      >

      > Would making sending welcome messages to users via the BBS easier
      >

      > 73 jerry

    • Dave Webb
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 23, 2013
        I would think last port used would OK because most of the time our users use either HF or VHF.  If they come in via an external node that would have to be VHF weather it be from the VHF node or AXIP from a distant city node.

        Dave

        On 6/23/2013 4:59 PM, John Wiseman wrote:

        I could keep a record of the last port a user connected on, but it would be more difficult to report ports if a user doesn't always use the same one.

        John

      Message 3 of 21 , Jun 23, 2013
        on the same topic, About be able to read a message while we list them, inste of writing down the number and reading then at the end of the listing?

        73 de Jean

        --

        Sysop de: VE2PKT (BBS), VE2PKT-3 (X-NET),VE2PKT-4, VE2RAJ (XRouter)
               : VE2RCN-1, VE2RDL-1, VE2RGC-1, VE2RVA-1, (The-Net)

        Internet:
        Telnet xrouter-ve2pkt.dyndns.org port 23 (Network Node)
        Telnet fbb-ve2pkt.dyndns.org port 6300 (FBB BBS)
        Telnet ve2pkt.dyndns.org port 9000 (DXCluster)

        E-Mail:
        packet:   ve2pkt@ve2pkt.#qbc.qc.can.noam
        ampr net: ve2pkt@...
        Inet:     ve2pkt@... or ve2pkt@...

      • Mike
        Message 4 of 21 , Jun 23, 2013

          Jerry

          Looking at your BPQ32 Node Status, your Nodes table is maxed out,

          Known Nodes/Max Nodes 450/450, this can make it difficult or impossible

          To connect to an application, I would find the station/stations that is sending

          ridiculously high number of nodes, It may be from your XRouter,

          use the INP3 setting in locked routes for the stations.

          I would limit in the global section before for ports section in bpq32.cfg to MINQUAL=168 or no lower then 153, the same in

          Your AXIP port, really no reason to have such a high count, many of those nodes will be unreachable anyways.

          Just my opinion.

          73

          Mike N9PMO

          http://www.mitchellwx.com

          href="http://www.n9lya.com">http://www.n9lya.com

          href="http://www.kutche.net">http://www.kutche.net

          > > <http://www.hfskipnet.net/>
          http://www.hfskipnet.net

        • nl2prc
          Message 5 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013
            Hi

            I would like that if you have a call on a port thats linkt in kiss L2
            that you can mark this call as NetRom node with one command as a local call in BPQ.CFG
            without the use of ax25utils in Xnet you can do this so why not with linbpq

            Message 6 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013
              Hi

              Message 7 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013
                Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking for. Can you explain?

                Thanks,
                John

                I would like that if you have a call on a port thats linkt in kiss L2
                that you can mark this call as NetRom node with one command as a local call in BPQ.CFG
                without the use of ax25utils in Xnet you can do this so why not with linbpq

                > Jerry
                >

                > Looking at your BPQ32 Node Status, your Nodes table is maxed out,
                >
                > Known Nodes/Max Nodes 450/450, this can make it difficult or
                impossible

                > To connect to an application, I would find the
                station/stations that is
                > sending
                >
                > ridiculously high
                number of nodes, It may be from your XRouter,

                > use the INP3
                setting in locked routes for the stations.

                would limit in the global section before for ports section in bpq32.cfg to
                > MINQUAL=168 or no lower then 153, the same in
                >
                > Your
                AXIP port, really no reason to have such a high count, many of those

                nodes will be unreachable anyways.

                > Just my
                opinion.

                > 73
                >
                > Mike
                N9PMO
                > <http://www.n9pmo.com>

                RE: [BPQ32] Re: wish list item

                href="http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080">http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

                href="http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080">http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

                > should work now
                >
                > 73 de Ken
                > g7vja -
                gb7cow-3

                href="http://gb7cow.dyndns.org:5080">http://gb7cow.dyndns.org:5080

                href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "Jerry"
                wrote:

                > > Thanks Ken for heads up on www.
                > >

                > > Maybe John can latch on to this file
                and include some of the email in the
                > > New User
                notification..

                > > My real
                reason I just want to know who comes in from where. RF or AXIP and

                from there it would be nice to know if it were either

                > > 300 Baud Packet
                > >
                > > Robust
                packet

                > > PI II III
                > >
                > > Or Winmor

                > > But just knowing RF vs AXIP. If they leave no
                message. All I can do is
                > look
                > > them up in QRZ and send an
                EMAIL.. Welcoming them. Would rather use the
                > same
                > > method
                they connected from.. to Either try a connect or send them a

                message.

                > > I hope this
                makes sense..

                Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2013 4:21 PM
                > > To:
                > > Subject: [BPQ32] Re: wish
                list item

                > > Hi Jerry
                > > reference to your two links,the www in the
                address is not needed.

                href="http://.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080">http://.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

                href="http://.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080">http://.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

                > > Linbpq already has a daily traffic(date).txt which records
                incoming
                > > connections only thing it does not do is record the
                incoming port number.

                > > Ken g7vja
                > > gb7cow-3
                & T2England

                href="http://www.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080">http://www.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

                href="http://www.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8081/">http://www.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8081/> http://www.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8081

                href="http://www.mitchellwx.com/">http://www.mitchellwx.com/> http://www.mitchellwx.com

                href="http://www.n9lya.com/">http://www.n9lya.com/> http://www.n9lya.com

                > > > <http://www.kutche.net/>
                href="http://www.kutche.net">http://www.kutche.net

                > > > <
                href="http://www.hfskipnet.net/">http://www.hfskipnet.net/> http://www.hfskipnet.net

              • nl2prc
                Message 8 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013
                  Hi John

                  When i link a call in kiss to bpq its in L2 connect

                  I want to link it so that i can put the call in the node list

                  With Xnet you can do something like this
                  add <PORT> <CALL> {<VIACALL>} [-] (n|d|nd)[p] [<ALIAS>]

                  R local add 3 nl3dhr n dhrbbs

                  Above i say to xnet that nl3prc is the call and dhrbbs is the alias

                  so that dhrbbs:nl3dhr apaers in the node listing and users can see the call in the node list

                  Nowe you have to do this difficult via ax25d

                  And i don't want to use ax25d

                  > Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking for. Can you explain?
                  >
                  > Thanks,

                • PE1RDW
                  Message 9 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013
                    I have tested something like that with the aplication function of BPQ, it
                    works with one limitation, the call and allias can not match the call you
                    connect to so if you connect to nl3dhr the aplication call will have to be
                    something like nl3dhr-1

                    73 Andre PE1RDW
                  • nl2prc
                    Message 10 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013
                      Hi
                      yes i know i also tested and came up with this

                      APPLICATION 1,BBS,C 3 NL3DHR,,,

                      enter bbs on the command line wil connect to nl3dhr
                      But i want it also to apear in the node and alias entry
                      This can now only be done with the use of ax25d

                      Ascal

                      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, PE1RDW <pe1rdw@...> wrote:

                      > I have tested something like that with the aplication function of BPQ, it
                      > works with one limitation, the call and allias can not match the call you
                      > connect to so if you connect to nl3dhr the aplication call will have to be
                      > something like nl3dhr-1
                      >
                      > On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 21:29:03 +0200, nl2prc <nl3prc@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > Hi John
                      > >
                      > > When i link a call in kiss to bpq its in L2 connect
                      > >
                      > > I want to link it so that i can put the call in the node list
                      > >
                      > > With Xnet you can do something like this
                      > > add <PORT> <CALL> {<VIACALL>} [-] (n|d|nd)[p] [<ALIAS>]
                      > >
                      > > R local add 3 nl3dhr n dhrbbs
                      > >
                      > > Above i say to xnet that nl3prc is the call and dhrbbs is the alias
                      > >
                      > > so that dhrbbs:nl3dhr apaers in the node listing and users can see the
                      > > call in the node list
                      > >

                      > > Nowe you have to do this difficult via ax25d
                      > >
                      > > And i don't want to use ax25d
                      > >

                      > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@> wrote:
                      > >>
                      > >> Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking for. Can you explain?
                      > >>
                      > >> Thanks,
                      > >> John
                      > >>

                      > >> _____

                    • PE1RDW
                      Message 11 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013
                        try it with:
                        APPLICATION 1,BBS,C 3 NL3DHR,NL3DHR-1,DHRBBS,255

                        the ssid of -1 (or any other ssid) is needed because otherwise the node
                        will try connecting to itself witch will not work.

                        --
                        73 Andre PE1RDW

                        73 Andre PE1RDW