Re: [BPQ32] wish list item

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 23, 2013
      FEEPING CREATURES?

                       ;-)
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Jerry
      Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2013 21:28
      Subject: RE: [BPQ32] wish list item

      John.. All you can list would be great…

      All I get now is :

      New User x9xxx

      That has so little information…

      Listing the freq would be great… and would negate need for port #  I would at least know if it was RF or AXIP…

      73 jerry

      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 23, 2013
        Hi Jerry
        typo on my part,left the dot in after //
        http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080
        http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

        should work now

        73 de Ken
        g7vja - gb7cow-3
        http://gb7cow.dyndns.org:5080

        > Thanks Ken for heads up on www.
        >

        > Maybe John can latch on to this file and include some of the email in the
        > New User notification..
        >

        > My real reason I just want to know who comes in from where. RF or AXIP and
        > from there it would be nice to know if it were either
        >

        > 300 Baud Packet
        >
        > Robust packet
        >
        > PI II III
        >
        > Or Winmor

        > But just knowing RF vs AXIP. If they leave no message. All I can do is look
        > them up in QRZ and send an EMAIL.. Welcoming them. Would rather use the same
        > method they connected from.. to Either try a connect or send them a message.
        >

        > I hope this makes sense..
        >

        > When I first started Using Packet in 1991.. I logged in to N5CEC in
        > Indianapolis
        >
        > I received Personal message from the sysop. Welcoming me to his BBS.
        >
        > In the mail a few short days later I received Detailed instructions on how
        > to use that Specific BBS in a nice bound folder.
        >

        > I know now a days we have email, I would still prefer a PMAIL. so I could
        > always send info on the BBS.. But a personal Pmail message would be
        > preferred and I could attach the BPQ User Command to same.
        >

        > As it stands now.. I seem to have no desire to EMAIL, and few get a welcome
        > message, due to that fact. when we have this Amateur Radio Method of
        > replying. Even if the Pmail must go out via AXIP.. It is more preferred over
        > sending it from my Email Account with my ISP.. Not sure there is much
        > difference.. But .. Then not all hams have email listed at QRZ.
        >

        > We have SO MUCH power in our systems.. I wish to utilize that power.
        >

        > Would making sending welcome messages to users via the BBS easier
        >

        > 73 jerry

      • Jerry
        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 23, 2013

          Thanks ken.. All fixed.. J

          typo on my part,left the dot in after //
          http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080
          http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

          should work now

          73 de Ken
          g7vja - gb7cow-3
          http://gb7cow.dyndns.org:5080

          > Thanks Ken for heads up on www.
          >

          > Maybe John can latch on to this file and include some of the email in the
          > New User notification..
          >

          > My real reason I just want to know who comes in from where. RF or AXIP and
          > from there it would be nice to know if it were either
          >

          > 300 Baud Packet
          >
          > Robust packet
          >
          > PI II III
          >
          > Or Winmor

          > But just knowing RF vs AXIP. If they leave no message. All I can do is look
          > them up in QRZ and send an EMAIL.. Welcoming them. Would rather use the same
          > method they connected from.. to Either try a connect or send them a message.
          >

          > I hope this makes sense..
          >

          > When I first started Using Packet in 1991.. I logged in to N5CEC in
          > Indianapolis
          >
          > I received Personal message from the sysop. Welcoming me to his BBS.
          >
          > In the mail a few short days later I received Detailed instructions on how
          > to use that Specific BBS in a nice bound folder.
          >

          > I know now a days we have email, I would still prefer a PMAIL. so I could
          > always send info on the BBS.. But a personal Pmail message would be
          > preferred and I could attach the BPQ User Command to same.
          >

          > As it stands now.. I seem to have no desire to EMAIL, and few get a welcome
          > message, due to that fact. when we have this Amateur Radio Method of
          > replying. Even if the Pmail must go out via AXIP.. It is more preferred over
          > sending it from my Email Account with my ISP.. Not sure there is much
          > difference.. But .. Then not all hams have email listed at QRZ.
          >

          > We have SO MUCH power in our systems.. I wish to utilize that power.
          >

          > Would making sending welcome messages to users via the BBS easier
          >

          > 73 jerry

        • Dave Webb
          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 23, 2013
            I would think last port used would OK because most of the time our users use either HF or VHF.  If they come in via an external node that would have to be VHF weather it be from the VHF node or AXIP from a distant city node.

            Dave

            On 6/23/2013 4:59 PM, John Wiseman wrote:

            I could keep a record of the last port a user connected on, but it would be more difficult to report ports if a user doesn't always use the same one.

            John

            Knowing which port users came in on would also be useful in the weekly traffic report as VHF and HF time credits are reported differently in AF MARS.
            73
            Dave
            AFA2HV

            On 6/23/2013 1:43 PM, Jerry wrote:

            New Users… I get quite a few new users messages… Is there  a way to include the port number they came in via… Included in those messages.. Maybe even a call server database could include info on the callsign.

            Would mean much… As most know I run many ports and modes… J

            73 Jerry N9LYA

        • Jean Létourneau
          Message 5 of 21 , Jun 23, 2013
            on the same topic, About be able to read a message while we list them, inste of writing down the number and reading then at the end of the listing?

            73 de Jean

            --

            Sysop de: VE2PKT (BBS), VE2PKT-3 (X-NET),VE2PKT-4, VE2RAJ (XRouter)
                   : VE2RCN-1, VE2RDL-1, VE2RGC-1, VE2RVA-1, (The-Net)

            Internet:
            Telnet xrouter-ve2pkt.dyndns.org port 23 (Network Node)
            Telnet fbb-ve2pkt.dyndns.org port 6300 (FBB BBS)
            Telnet ve2pkt.dyndns.org port 9000 (DXCluster)

            E-Mail:
            packet:   ve2pkt@ve2pkt.#qbc.qc.can.noam
            ampr net: ve2pkt@...
            Inet:     ve2pkt@... or ve2pkt@...

          • Mike
            Message 6 of 21 , Jun 23, 2013

              Jerry

              Looking at your BPQ32 Node Status, your Nodes table is maxed out,

              Known Nodes/Max Nodes 450/450, this can make it difficult or impossible

              To connect to an application, I would find the station/stations that is sending

              ridiculously high number of nodes, It may be from your XRouter,

              use the INP3 setting in locked routes for the stations.

              I would limit in the global section before for ports section in bpq32.cfg to MINQUAL=168 or no lower then 153, the same in

              Your AXIP port, really no reason to have such a high count, many of those nodes will be unreachable anyways.

              Just my opinion.

              73

              Mike N9PMO

              http://www.mitchellwx.com

              href="http://www.n9lya.com">http://www.n9lya.com

              href="http://www.kutche.net">http://www.kutche.net

              > > <http://www.hfskipnet.net/>
              http://www.hfskipnet.net

            • nl2prc
              Message 7 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013
                Hi

                I would like that if you have a call on a port thats linkt in kiss L2
                that you can mark this call as NetRom node with one command as a local call in BPQ.CFG
                without the use of ax25utils in Xnet you can do this so why not with linbpq

                Message 8 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013

                  Message 9 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013
                    Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking for. Can you explain?

                    Thanks,
                    John

                    I would like that if you have a call on a port thats linkt in kiss L2
                    that you can mark this call as NetRom node with one command as a local call in BPQ.CFG
                    without the use of ax25utils in Xnet you can do this so why not with linbpq

                    > Jerry
                    >

                    > Looking at your BPQ32 Node Status, your Nodes table is maxed out,
                    >
                    > Known Nodes/Max Nodes 450/450, this can make it difficult or
                    impossible

                    > To connect to an application, I would find the
                    station/stations that is
                    > sending
                    >
                    > ridiculously high
                    number of nodes, It may be from your XRouter,

                    > use the INP3
                    setting in locked routes for the stations.

                    would limit in the global section before for ports section in bpq32.cfg to
                    > MINQUAL=168 or no lower then 153, the same in
                    >
                    > Your
                    AXIP port, really no reason to have such a high count, many of those

                    nodes will be unreachable anyways.

                    > Just my
                    opinion.

                    > 73
                    >
                    > Mike
                    N9PMO
                    > <http://www.n9pmo.com>

                    RE: [BPQ32] Re: wish list item

                    href="http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080">http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

                    href="http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080">http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

                    > should work now
                    >
                    > 73 de Ken
                    > g7vja -
                    gb7cow-3

                    href="http://gb7cow.dyndns.org:5080">http://gb7cow.dyndns.org:5080

                    href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "Jerry"
                    wrote:

                    > > Thanks Ken for heads up on www.
                    > >

                    > > Maybe John can latch on to this file
                    and include some of the email in the
                    > > New User
                    notification..

                    > > My real
                    reason I just want to know who comes in from where. RF or AXIP and

                    from there it would be nice to know if it were either

                    > > 300 Baud Packet
                    > >
                    > > Robust
                    packet

                    > > PI II III
                    > >
                    > > Or Winmor

                    > > But just knowing RF vs AXIP. If they leave no
                    message. All I can do is
                    > look
                    > > them up in QRZ and send an
                    EMAIL.. Welcoming them. Would rather use the
                    > same
                    > > method
                    they connected from.. to Either try a connect or send them a

                    message.

                    > > I hope this
                    makes sense..

                    Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2013 4:21 PM
                    > > To:
                    > > Subject: [BPQ32] Re: wish
                    list item

                    > > Hi Jerry
                    > > reference to your two links,the www in the
                    address is not needed.

                    href="http://.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080">http://.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

                    href="http://.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080">http://.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

                    > > Linbpq already has a daily traffic(date).txt which records
                    incoming
                    > > connections only thing it does not do is record the
                    incoming port number.

                    > > Ken g7vja
                    > > gb7cow-3
                    & T2England

                    href="http://www.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080">http://www.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

                    href="http://www.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8081/">http://www.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8081/> http://www.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8081

                    href="http://www.mitchellwx.com/">http://www.mitchellwx.com/> http://www.mitchellwx.com

                    href="http://www.n9lya.com/">http://www.n9lya.com/> http://www.n9lya.com

                    > > > <http://www.kutche.net/>
                    href="http://www.kutche.net">http://www.kutche.net

                    > > > <
                    href="http://www.hfskipnet.net/">http://www.hfskipnet.net/> http://www.hfskipnet.net

                  • nl2prc
                    Message 10 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013
                      Hi John

                      When i link a call in kiss to bpq its in L2 connect

                      I want to link it so that i can put the call in the node list

                      With Xnet you can do something like this
                      add <PORT> <CALL> {<VIACALL>} [-] (n|d|nd)[p] [<ALIAS>]

                      R local add 3 nl3dhr n dhrbbs

                      Above i say to xnet that nl3prc is the call and dhrbbs is the alias

                      so that dhrbbs:nl3dhr apaers in the node listing and users can see the call in the node list

                      Nowe you have to do this difficult via ax25d

                      And i don't want to use ax25d

                      > Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking for. Can you explain?
                      >
                      > Thanks,

                    • PE1RDW
                      Message 11 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013
                        I have tested something like that with the aplication function of BPQ, it
                        works with one limitation, the call and allias can not match the call you
                        connect to so if you connect to nl3dhr the aplication call will have to be
                        something like nl3dhr-1

                        73 Andre PE1RDW
                      • nl2prc
                        Message 12 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013
                          Hi
                          yes i know i also tested and came up with this

                          APPLICATION 1,BBS,C 3 NL3DHR,,,

                          enter bbs on the command line wil connect to nl3dhr
                          But i want it also to apear in the node and alias entry
                          This can now only be done with the use of ax25d

                          Ascal

                          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, PE1RDW <pe1rdw@...> wrote:

                          > I have tested something like that with the aplication function of BPQ, it
                          > works with one limitation, the call and allias can not match the call you
                          > connect to so if you connect to nl3dhr the aplication call will have to be
                          > something like nl3dhr-1
                          >
                          > On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 21:29:03 +0200, nl2prc <nl3prc@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > > Hi John
                          > >
                          > > When i link a call in kiss to bpq its in L2 connect
                          > >
                          > > I want to link it so that i can put the call in the node list
                          > >
                          > > With Xnet you can do something like this
                          > > add <PORT> <CALL> {<VIACALL>} [-] (n|d|nd)[p] [<ALIAS>]
                          > >
                          > > R local add 3 nl3dhr n dhrbbs
                          > >
                          > > Above i say to xnet that nl3prc is the call and dhrbbs is the alias
                          > >
                          > > so that dhrbbs:nl3dhr apaers in the node listing and users can see the
                          > > call in the node list
                          > >

                          > > Nowe you have to do this difficult via ax25d
                          > >
                          > > And i don't want to use ax25d
                          > >

                          > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@> wrote:
                          > >>
                          > >> Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking for. Can you explain?
                          > >>
                          > >> Thanks,
                          > >> John
                          > >>

                          > >> _____

                        • PE1RDW
                          Message 13 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013
                            try it with:
                            APPLICATION 1,BBS,C 3 NL3DHR,NL3DHR-1,DHRBBS,255

                            the ssid of -1 (or any other ssid) is needed because otherwise the node
                            will try connecting to itself witch will not work.

                            --
                            73 Andre PE1RDW

                            73 Andre PE1RDW