Re: wish list item

  • Boy
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 23, 2013
      Hi Jerry
      reference to your two links,the www in the address is not needed.
      http://.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080
      http://.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

      Linbpq already has a daily traffic(date).txt which records incoming connections only thing it does not do is record the incoming port number.

      Ken g7vja
      gb7cow-3 & T2England

      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 23, 2013
        That should be possible if they connect directly, but I don't think it woud be if they come over a NETROM link.

        I should also be able to include the frequency if you are scanning.

        73, John

        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 23, 2013
          I could keep a record of the last port a user connected on, but it would be more difficult to report ports if a user doesn't always use the same one.

          John

          Knowing which port users came in on would also be useful in the weekly traffic report as VHF and HF time credits are reported differently in AF MARS.
          73
          Dave
          AFA2HV

          On 6/23/2013 1:43 PM, Jerry wrote:

          New Users… I get quite a few new users messages… Is there  a way to include the port number they came in via… Included in those messages.. Maybe even a call server database could include info on the callsign.

          Would mean much… As most know I run many ports and modes… J

          73 Jerry N9LYA

        • Jerry
          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 23, 2013

            John.. All you can list would be great…

            All I get now is :

            New User x9xxx

            That has so little information…

            Listing the freq would be great… and would negate need for port #  I would at least know if it was RF or AXIP…

            73 jerry

            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 23, 2013

              Thanks Ken for heads up on www…

              Maybe John can latch on to this file and include some of the email in the New User notification….

              My real reason I just want to know who comes in from where… RF or AXIP and from there it would be nice to know if it were either

              300 Baud Packet

              Robust packet

              PI II III

              Or Winmor

              But just knowing RF vs AXIP… If they leave no message… All I can do is look them up in QRZ and send an EMAIL.. Welcoming them. Would rather use the same method they connected from.. to Either try a connect or send them a message.

              I hope this makes sense..

              When I first started Using Packet in 1991.. I logged in to N5CEC in Indianapolis

              I received Personal message from the sysop. Welcoming me to his BBS.

              In the mail a few short days later I received Detailed instructions on how to use that Specific BBS in a nice bound folder…

              I know now a days we have email, I would still prefer a PMAIL. so I could always send info on the BBS.. But a personal Pmail message would be preferred and I could attach the BPQ User Command to same.

              As it stands now.. I seem to have no desire to EMAIL, and few get a welcome message, due to that fact.  when we have this Amateur Radio Method of replying. Even if the Pmail must go out via AXIP.. It is more preferred over sending it from my Email Account with my ISP.. Not sure there is much difference.. But .. Then not all hams have email listed at QRZ…

              We have SO MUCH power in our systems.. I wish to utilize that power…

              Would making sending welcome messages to users via the BBS easier

              73 jerry

              reference to your two links,the www in the address is not needed.
              http://.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080
              http://.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

              Linbpq already has a daily traffic(date).txt which records incoming connections only thing it does not do is record the incoming port number.

              Ken g7vja
              gb7cow-3 & T2England

              > New Users. I get quite a few new users messages. Is there a way to include
              > the port number they came in via. Included in those messages.. Maybe even a
              > call server database could include info on the callsign.
              >

              > Would mean much. As most know I run many ports and modes. J
              >

              > 73 Jerry N9LYA
              >

              > N9LYA/K9BBS <http://www.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080/>
              > http://www.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080
              >
              > Linbpq 6.0.2.12 Debian Linux 7.0.0
              > Dell_Server_2600_4GBRAM_73GBHD_Dual_Dual_Core_CPU_1.8Ghz
              >

              > W9HU <http://www.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8081/> http://www.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8081
              >
              > PilinBPQ 6.0.2.12
              >
              > Raspbian-wheezy-7_Rpi_B_700MHz_256MBram_32GB-SD-class10
              >

              > N9LYA-5
              >
              > JNOS 2.0j Debian Linux 6.0.6
              >
              > HP 3.4Ghz 2GB Ram 2TB Hard drive
              >

              > <http://www.mitchellwx.com/> http://www.mitchellwx.com
              >
              > <http://www.n9lya.com/> http://www.n9lya.com
              >
              > <http://www.kutche.net/> http://www.kutche.net
              >
              > <http://www.hfskipnet.net/> http://www.hfskipnet.net

            • Jim
              Message 6 of 21 , Jun 23, 2013
                FEEPING CREATURES?

                                 ;-)

                Message 7 of 21 , Jun 23, 2013
                  Hi Jerry
                  typo on my part,left the dot in after //
                  http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080
                  http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

                  should work now

                  73 de Ken
                  g7vja - gb7cow-3
                  http://gb7cow.dyndns.org:5080

                  Message 8 of 21 , Jun 23, 2013

                    Thanks ken.. All fixed.. J

                    typo on my part,left the dot in after //
                    http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080
                    http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

                    should work now

                    73 de Ken
                    g7vja - gb7cow-3
                    http://gb7cow.dyndns.org:5080

                    > Thanks Ken for heads up on www.
                    >

                    > Maybe John can latch on to this file and include some of the email in the
                    > New User notification..
                    >

                    > My real reason I just want to know who comes in from where. RF or AXIP and
                    > from there it would be nice to know if it were either
                    >

                    > 300 Baud Packet
                    >
                    > Robust packet
                    >
                    > PI II III
                    >
                    > Or Winmor

                    > But just knowing RF vs AXIP. If they leave no message. All I can do is look
                    > them up in QRZ and send an EMAIL.. Welcoming them. Would rather use the same
                    > method they connected from.. to Either try a connect or send them a message.
                    >

                    > I hope this makes sense..
                    >

                    > When I first started Using Packet in 1991.. I logged in to N5CEC in
                    > Indianapolis
                    >
                    > I received Personal message from the sysop. Welcoming me to his BBS.
                    >
                    > In the mail a few short days later I received Detailed instructions on how
                    > to use that Specific BBS in a nice bound folder.
                    >

                    > I know now a days we have email, I would still prefer a PMAIL. so I could
                    > always send info on the BBS.. But a personal Pmail message would be
                    > preferred and I could attach the BPQ User Command to same.
                    >

                    > As it stands now.. I seem to have no desire to EMAIL, and few get a welcome
                    > message, due to that fact. when we have this Amateur Radio Method of
                    > replying. Even if the Pmail must go out via AXIP.. It is more preferred over
                    > sending it from my Email Account with my ISP.. Not sure there is much
                    > difference.. But .. Then not all hams have email listed at QRZ.
                    >

                    > We have SO MUCH power in our systems.. I wish to utilize that power.
                    >

                    > Would making sending welcome messages to users via the BBS easier
                    >

                    > 73 jerry

                  • Dave Webb
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jun 23, 2013
                      I would think last port used would OK because most of the time our users use either HF or VHF.  If they come in via an external node that would have to be VHF weather it be from the VHF node or AXIP from a distant city node.

                      Dave

                    Message 10 of 21 , Jun 23, 2013
                      on the same topic, About be able to read a message while we list them, inste of writing down the number and reading then at the end of the listing?

                      73 de Jean

                      --

                      Sysop de: VE2PKT (BBS), VE2PKT-3 (X-NET),VE2PKT-4, VE2RAJ (XRouter)
                             : VE2RCN-1, VE2RDL-1, VE2RGC-1, VE2RVA-1, (The-Net)

                      Internet:
                      Telnet xrouter-ve2pkt.dyndns.org port 23 (Network Node)
                      Telnet fbb-ve2pkt.dyndns.org port 6300 (FBB BBS)
                      Telnet ve2pkt.dyndns.org port 9000 (DXCluster)

                      E-Mail:
                      packet:   ve2pkt@ve2pkt.#qbc.qc.can.noam
                      ampr net: ve2pkt@...
                      Inet:     ve2pkt@... or ve2pkt@...

                    • Mike
                      Message 11 of 21 , Jun 23, 2013

                        Jerry

                        Looking at your BPQ32 Node Status, your Nodes table is maxed out,

                        Known Nodes/Max Nodes 450/450, this can make it difficult or impossible

                        To connect to an application, I would find the station/stations that is sending

                        ridiculously high number of nodes, It may be from your XRouter,

                        use the INP3 setting in locked routes for the stations.

                        I would limit in the global section before for ports section in bpq32.cfg to MINQUAL=168 or no lower then 153, the same in

                        Your AXIP port, really no reason to have such a high count, many of those nodes will be unreachable anyways.

                        Just my opinion.

                        73

                        Mike N9PMO

                        http://www.mitchellwx.com

                        href="http://www.n9lya.com">http://www.n9lya.com

                        href="http://www.kutche.net">http://www.kutche.net

                        > > <http://www.hfskipnet.net/>
                        http://www.hfskipnet.net

                      • nl2prc
                        Message 12 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013
                          Hi

                          I would like that if you have a call on a port thats linkt in kiss L2
                          that you can mark this call as NetRom node with one command as a local call in BPQ.CFG
                          without the use of ax25utils in Xnet you can do this so why not with linbpq

                          Message 13 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013
                            Hi

                            Message 14 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013
                              Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking for. Can you explain?

                              Thanks,
                              John

                              I would like that if you have a call on a port thats linkt in kiss L2
                              that you can mark this call as NetRom node with one command as a local call in BPQ.CFG
                              without the use of ax25utils in Xnet you can do this so why not with linbpq

                              > Jerry
                              >

                              > Looking at your BPQ32 Node Status, your Nodes table is maxed out,
                              >
                              > Known Nodes/Max Nodes 450/450, this can make it difficult or
                              impossible

                              > To connect to an application, I would find the
                              station/stations that is
                              > sending
                              >
                              > ridiculously high
                              number of nodes, It may be from your XRouter,

                              > use the INP3
                              setting in locked routes for the stations.

                              would limit in the global section before for ports section in bpq32.cfg to
                              > MINQUAL=168 or no lower then 153, the same in
                              >
                              > Your
                              AXIP port, really no reason to have such a high count, many of those

                              nodes will be unreachable anyways.

                              > Just my
                              opinion.

                              > 73
                              >
                              > Mike
                              N9PMO
                              > <http://www.n9pmo.com>

                              RE: [BPQ32] Re: wish list item

                              href="http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080">http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

                              href="http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080">http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

                              > should work now
                              >
                              > 73 de Ken
                              > g7vja -
                              gb7cow-3

                              href="http://gb7cow.dyndns.org:5080">http://gb7cow.dyndns.org:5080

                              href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "Jerry"
                              wrote:

                              > > Thanks Ken for heads up on www.
                              > >

                              > > Maybe John can latch on to this file
                              and include some of the email in the
                              > > New User
                              notification..

                              > > My real
                              reason I just want to know who comes in from where. RF or AXIP and

                              from there it would be nice to know if it were either

                              > > 300 Baud Packet
                              > >
                              > > Robust
                              packet

                              > > PI II III
                              > >
                              > > Or Winmor

                              > > But just knowing RF vs AXIP. If they leave no
                              message. All I can do is
                              > look
                              > > them up in QRZ and send an
                              EMAIL.. Welcoming them. Would rather use the
                              > same
                              > > method
                              they connected from.. to Either try a connect or send them a

                              message.

                              > > I hope this
                              makes sense..

                              Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2013 4:21 PM
                              > > To:
                              > > Subject: [BPQ32] Re: wish
                              list item

                              > > Hi Jerry
                              > > reference to your two links,the www in the
                              address is not needed.

                              href="http://.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080">http://.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

                              href="http://.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080">http://.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

                              > > Linbpq already has a daily traffic(date).txt which records
                              incoming
                              > > connections only thing it does not do is record the
                              incoming port number.

                              > > Ken g7vja
                              > > gb7cow-3
                              & T2England

                              href="http://www.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080">http://www.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080

                              href="http://www.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8081/">http://www.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8081/> http://www.w9bbs.no-ip.org:8081

                              href="http://www.mitchellwx.com/">http://www.mitchellwx.com/> http://www.mitchellwx.com

                              href="http://www.n9lya.com/">http://www.n9lya.com/> http://www.n9lya.com

                              > > > <http://www.kutche.net/>
                              href="http://www.kutche.net">http://www.kutche.net

                              > > > <
                              href="http://www.hfskipnet.net/">http://www.hfskipnet.net/> http://www.hfskipnet.net

                            • nl2prc
                              Message 15 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013
                                Hi John

                                When i link a call in kiss to bpq its in L2 connect

                                I want to link it so that i can put the call in the node list

                                With Xnet you can do something like this
                                add <PORT> <CALL> {<VIACALL>} [-] (n|d|nd)[p] [<ALIAS>]

                                R local add 3 nl3dhr n dhrbbs

                                Above i say to xnet that nl3prc is the call and dhrbbs is the alias

                                so that dhrbbs:nl3dhr apaers in the node listing and users can see the call in the node list

                                Nowe you have to do this difficult via ax25d

                                And i don't want to use ax25d

                                > Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking for. Can you explain?
                                >
                                > Thanks,

                              • PE1RDW
                                Message 16 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013
                                  I have tested something like that with the aplication function of BPQ, it
                                  works with one limitation, the call and allias can not match the call you
                                  connect to so if you connect to nl3dhr the aplication call will have to be
                                  something like nl3dhr-1

                                  73 Andre PE1RDW
                                • nl2prc
                                  Message 17 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013
                                    Hi
                                    yes i know i also tested and came up with this

                                    APPLICATION 1,BBS,C 3 NL3DHR,,,

                                    enter bbs on the command line wil connect to nl3dhr
                                    But i want it also to apear in the node and alias entry
                                    This can now only be done with the use of ax25d

                                    Ascal

                                    --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, PE1RDW <pe1rdw@...> wrote:

                                    > I have tested something like that with the aplication function of BPQ, it
                                    > works with one limitation, the call and allias can not match the call you
                                    > connect to so if you connect to nl3dhr the aplication call will have to be
                                    > something like nl3dhr-1
                                    >
                                    > On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 21:29:03 +0200, nl2prc <nl3prc@...> wrote:
                                    >
                                    > > Hi John
                                    > >
                                    > > When i link a call in kiss to bpq its in L2 connect
                                    > >
                                    > > I want to link it so that i can put the call in the node list
                                    > >
                                    > > With Xnet you can do something like this
                                    > > add <PORT> <CALL> {<VIACALL>} [-] (n|d|nd)[p] [<ALIAS>]
                                    > >
                                    > > R local add 3 nl3dhr n dhrbbs
                                    > >
                                    > > Above i say to xnet that nl3prc is the call and dhrbbs is the alias
                                    > >
                                    > > so that dhrbbs:nl3dhr apaers in the node listing and users can see the
                                    > > call in the node list
                                    > >

                                    > > Nowe you have to do this difficult via ax25d
                                    > >
                                    > > And i don't want to use ax25d
                                    > >

                                    > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@> wrote:
                                    > >>
                                    > >> Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking for. Can you explain?
                                    > >>
                                    > >> Thanks,
                                    > >> John
                                    > >>

                                    > >> _____

                                  • PE1RDW
                                    Message 18 of 21 , Jun 24, 2013
                                      try it with:
                                      APPLICATION 1,BBS,C 3 NL3DHR,NL3DHR-1,DHRBBS,255

                                      the ssid of -1 (or any other ssid) is needed because otherwise the node
                                      will try connecting to itself witch will not work.

                                      --
                                      73 Andre PE1RDW

                                      73 Andre PE1RDW