RE: [BPQ32] Re: Is there a way to monitor linbpq?

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 22, 2013
      Sorry, I intended to post the link to the binary.

      73, John

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 22, 2013
        Hi John

        The binairy is not worki'n on my RedHat 9 machine

        [root@localhost lin]# ./termtcp
        Floating point exception
        [root@localhost lin]#

        Maybe you can still post the src files for me so i can compile them myself

        73, Ascal

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 22, 2013
          Ascal,

          I'm away sailing at the moment, so don't have much with me. I think the source I originally posted the link to is the latest. It is a GTK program, so you'll need the gtk libraries I don't have the build script with me, but from memory I think it was just a basic gtk compile.

          73, John

          The binairy is not worki'n on my RedHat 9 machine

          [root@localhost lin]# ./termtcp
          Floating point exception
          [root@localhost lin]#

          Maybe you can still post the src files for me so i can compile them myself

          73, Ascal

          > Sorry, I intended to post the
          link to the binary.

          href="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/TermTCP">https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/TermTCP

          href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "John

          href="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/TermTCP.c">https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/TermTCP.c

          Sent: 21 June 2013 17:04

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 22, 2013
            I've just had a thought.

            LinBPQ now includes a TNC2 Emulator. So you just need to set up a TNC2 port, attach a terminal program, and enter M ON

            I use putty as a terminal, but any serial terminal, such as minicom, should do as well.

            73, John

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 22, 2013
              Sorry, that is MON ON, not M ON.

              John

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 22, 2013
                > I've just had a thought.
                >
                > LinBPQ now includes a TNC2 Emulator. So you just need to set up a TNC2
                > port, attach a terminal program, and enter Mon ON
                >
                > See
                > http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQCFGFile.html##TNCPort
                > for configuring the TNC Emulator.

                It looks like the TNC emulator already has a simple KISS option..
                I'm learning to check before asking...

                So since the to-do list must be about empty, here's some notes from
                the aprsisce-cafe where they were chatting about similar inter-program
                connectivity and the touch tone feature of the Dire Wolf sound card
                modem. The "simple net KISS" looks useful as a light weight (keep it
                simple) scheme.

                73
                Bill, WA7NWP

                ---

                I don’t know if KISS over IP is a new scheme, but I looked around very
                hard to try and do what I wanted. Wanted something a bit more user
                friendly. Than com0com. I had a Free IP to com port virtual software
                handy.
                On asking John, he had a lot of the code required already to hand and
                was able to get it going in short order.
                This had nothing to do with APRSIS32, but I knew there was a TCP/IP
                option on the KISS setup, so gave it a go and it works fine, so you
                could connect to a system anywhere in the world.
                I think KISS over IP is a more flexible approach, in terms that it’s
                easy to connect anything that ever looked at a TNC.

                John is now working on Decoding DTMF, for APRStt, and hopefully Lynn
                will find time to do something with that.
                Very handy for SAR and EMA where you can get any Amateur with a
                capable radio to join in.

                All the hard work of course is done by people like Lynn and John, I
                just come up with ideas and research things a bit.
                Sometimes the ideas are good other times bad.
                But I do hope that I have helped make both bits of software what they
                are today. I think if I can support people like Lynn and John, in some
                small way, it’s some payback for the time and effort they put in to
                giving us the software we use.
                The other interesting project is of Course the RDF system being
                developed by another amateur which hopefully will integrate with
                APRSIS32.
                All in all this is progressing into a very advanced APRS system, which
                I don’t think will be bettered for some time to come, if at all.

                Big thank you to all involved

                Steve Daniels
                Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM
                Torbay Freecycle Owner