Out of date RMS version

  • k7ilo@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 19, 2013
      Hey John, group

      I received an email from the Winlink group stating that my version of RMS is out of date which I run bpq, mac version. There are a few bpq users on that list also. This is the link. http://www.winlink.org/RMSVersions Just wondering if this means anything to use running the bpq version.

      Harold
      K7ILO
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 20, 2013
        Important info for people using the CMS Telnet option to access the WL2K  system

        Info on this has been send a few times, but as the deadline is approaching, it is worth repeating

        If you use BPQ32 or LinBPQ to access the CMS Servers via the "CMS Telnet" feature, this will not work after
        30th June 2013 unless you enable the Secure Logon Mechanism. This version of BPQ32 supports Secure Login

        To enable Secure Login you need to add two lines to your Telnet Server Config.

        CMSCALL=CALLSIGN ; CMS Access Callsign (with SSID if used)
        CMSPASS=XXXXXXX ; Secure CMS Password

        CMSCALL should be set to the callsign+ssid used to access the RMS Gateway
        CMSPASS is your Secure Signon Password. This is the same as your winlink.org webmail password - if you don't
        already have one or have forgotten it, see http://www.winlink.org/WMInstructions for details of how to retrieve
        your password, or set one if you don't have one,

        All gateway stations also need to be authorised by the WL2K team. Gateways that were active when the new system
        was first introduced should have been enabled automatically, but if not you may need to request access.

        If you can't access the CMS after enabling Secure Access check the CMSAccess_yyyymmdd.log file in your BPQ32
        folder for any error messages.

        Feedback from useres who have tried to update suggests that quite a number of current gateways have not been authorised by WL2K. If your's hasn't, you will get a message similar to the following in the CMS Access log.

        00:14:04 5 *** [01000-006] - XXXXX-10 is not an authorized Winlink gateway - Disconnecting

        BPQ32 6.0.2.x supports Secure Login.

        LinBPQ/MacBPQ have supported it for a while, but if you have an old version, the latest can be downloaded from

        73, John G8BPQ

        I received an email from the Winlink group stating that my version of RMS is out of date which I run bpq, mac version. There are a few bpq users on that list also. This is the link. http://www.winlink.org/RMSVersions Just wondering if this means anything to use running the bpq version.

        Harold
        K7ILO

      • nl2prc
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 20, 2013
          Hi John

          So Version 6.0.1.48 is not supporting this

          73,Ascal

          > Important info for people using the CMS Telnet option to access the WL2K
          > system
          >
          > Info on this has been send a few times, but as the deadline is approaching,
          > it is worth repeating
          >
          > If you use BPQ32 or LinBPQ to access the CMS Servers via the "CMS Telnet"
          > feature, this will not work after
          > 30th June 2013 unless you enable the Secure Logon Mechanism. This version of
          > BPQ32 supports Secure Login
          >
          > To enable Secure Login you need to add two lines to your Telnet Server
          > Config.
          >
          > CMSCALL=CALLSIGN ; CMS Access Callsign (with SSID if used)
          > CMSPASS=XXXXXXX ; Secure CMS Password
          >
          > CMSCALL should be set to the callsign+ssid used to access the RMS Gateway
          > CMSPASS is your Secure Signon Password. This is the same as your winlink.org
          > webmail password - if you don't
          > already have one or have forgotten it, see
          > <http://www.winlink.org/WMInstructions>
          > http://www.winlink.org/WMInstructions for details of how to retrieve
          > your password, or set one if you don't have one,
          >
          > All gateway stations also need to be authorised by the WL2K team. Gateways
          > that were active when the new system
          > was first introduced should have been enabled automatically, but if not you
          > may need to request access.
          >
          > If you can't access the CMS after enabling Secure Access check the
          > CMSAccess_yyyymmdd.log file in your BPQ32
          > folder for any error messages.
          >
          > Feedback from useres who have tried to update suggests that quite a number
          > of current gateways have not been authorised by WL2K. If your's hasn't, you
          > will get a message similar to the following in the CMS Access log.
          >
          > 00:14:04 5 *** [01000-006] - XXXXX-10 is not an authorized Winlink gateway -
          > Disconnecting
          >
          > BPQ32 6.0.2.x supports Secure Login.
          >
          > LinBPQ/MacBPQ have supported it for a while, but if you have an old version,
          > the latest can be downloaded from
          >
          > https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/linbpq
          > https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/pilinbpq
          > https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/mac
          > <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/macbpq> bpq
          >
          > 73, John G8BPQ
          >

          > _____

        • Jerry
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 20, 2013

            Correct…

            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 20, 2013
              The only released version of bpq32 that supports it is 6.0.2.x

              Some test versions of bpq32, and some 6.0.1.x versions of linbpq do, but I can't remember the lowest that does. If the CMSCALL param is rejected, then the version you have doesn't support it.

              73, John

              href="http://www.winlink.org/WMInstructions">http://www.winlink.org/WMInstructions>

              href="http://www.winlink.org/RMSVersions">http://www.winlink.org/RMSVersions Just
              > wondering if this means anything to use running the bpq
              version.

              > Harold
              > K7ILO

            • ws7i
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 20, 2013
                Pretty odd. I added the CMS command in the telnet section and it prompty stopped working.

                6.0.2.1 and it works fine without the commands. But stops with the mesage that you indicated. Even went to their site and created an account for ws7i-10 with a password.

                About ready to just delete RMS stuff on my system. Too painful to deal with it seems to me. And I can do without it.

                WS7I

                > The only released version of bpq32 that supports it is 6.0.2.x
                >
                > Some test versions of bpq32, and some 6.0.1.x versions of linbpq do, but I
                > can't remember the lowest that does. If the CMSCALL param is rejected, then
                > the version you have doesn't support it.
                >
                > 73, John
                >
                > _____

              • Jerry
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 20, 2013

                  Hello…

                  Send me your config I will take a look.. I have it working here…  73

                  N9lya at blueriver.net

                  Pretty odd. I added the CMS command in the telnet section and it prompty stopped working.

                  6.0.2.1 and it works fine without the commands. But stops with the mesage that you indicated. Even went to their site and created an account for ws7i-10 with a password.

                  About ready to just delete RMS stuff on my system. Too painful to deal with it seems to me. And I can do without it.

                  WS7I

                  > The only released version of bpq32 that supports it is 6.0.2.x
                  >
                  > Some test versions of bpq32, and some 6.0.1.x versions of linbpq do, but I
                  > can't remember the lowest that does. If the CMSCALL param is rejected, then
                  > the version you have doesn't support it.
                  >
                  > 73, John
                  >
                  > _____

                • Jim
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 20, 2013
                    It took about 12 hours for it to happen, there is an X you have to click after pressing setup.
                    No real instructions! There is a lot of old info there too. You need to have a winlink webmail to do this.

                    Jim wu3v

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 21, 2013
                      It will work fine without the commands until 30th June. Then, according to what the WL2K people have said, it wil stop.

                      If you get the error message I indicated it is getiing past the password check, so that must be ok. You now need to request the WL2K to allow you to run a gateway. This is a new requirement that they have introduced.

                      73, John

                      Pretty odd. I added the CMS command in the telnet section and it prompty stopped working.

                      6.0.2.1 and it works fine without the commands. But stops with the mesage that you indicated. Even went to their site and created an account for ws7i-10 with a password.

                      About ready to just delete RMS stuff on my system. Too painful to deal with it seems to me. And I can do without it.

                      WS7I

                      > The only released version of
                      bpq32 that supports it is 6.0.2.x

                      > Some test versions of bpq32,
                      and some 6.0.1.x versions of linbpq do, but I
                      > can't remember the lowest
                      that does. If the CMSCALL param is rejected, then
                      > the version you have
                      doesn't support it.

                      href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "John

                      href="http://www.winlink.org/WMInstructions">http://www.winlink.org/WMInstructions for details of how to retrieve
                      > > your password, or set one if you
                      don't have one,

                      > > All gateway stations also need to be
                      authorised by the WL2K team. Gateways
                      > > that were active when the new
                      system
                      > > was first introduced should have been enabled automatically,
                      but if not
                      > you
                      > > may need to request access.
                      > >
                      > > If you can't access the CMS after enabling Secure Access check
                      the
                      > > CMSAccess_yyyymmdd.log file in your BPQ32
                      > > folder
                      for any error messages.

                      > > Feedback from useres who have
                      tried to update suggests that quite a number
                      > > of current gateways
                      have not been authorised by WL2K. If your's hasn't,
                      > you

                      will get a message similar to the following in the CMS Access log.

                      > > 00:14:04 5 *** [01000-006] - XXXXX-10 is not an authorized Winlink
                      gateway
                      > -
                      > > Disconnecting
                      > >
                      > > BPQ32
                      6.0.2.x supports Secure Login.

                      href="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/linbpq">https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/linbpq

                      href="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/pilinbpq">https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/pilinbpq

                      href="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/mac">https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/mac
                      href="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/macbpq">https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/macbpq> bpq

                      k7ilo@
                      > > Sent: 20 June 2013 01:02
                      > > To:
                      > > Subject: [BPQ32] Out of
                      date RMS version

                      > > Hey John, group
                      > >
                      > > I received an email from the
                      Winlink group stating that my version of RMS
                      > is
                      > > out of date
                      which I run bpq, mac version. There are a few bpq users on
                      > that
                      > > list also. This is the link.
                      href="http://www.winlink.org/RMSVersions">http://www.winlink.org/RMSVersions Just
                      > > wondering if this means anything to use running the bpq
                      version.

                      > > Harold
                      > > K7ILO

                    • Dave Webb
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 21, 2013
                        Up and running here with the password active for the past 2 weeks.
                        The WDT was most helpful is setting the necessary flags for gateway operation.
                        73
                        Dave
                        WB2HVF