RE: [BPQ32] Newbie with BPQ32

    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 20, 2008

      Misko

      I am going to have to leave this question up to John, or someone else that has made it work, I tried it also

      With the same results as you, but I believe you need to use the BPQ1632.DLL in the related files, if I have time

      This morning I will try it again.

      I never have been able to made the BPQTNC2.exe (Null Modem) work ether I am sure I am doing something

      wrong with both programs.

      Sorry I can’t be of any help.

      73.

      Mike Melnik

      Web Site: http://n9pmo.dyndns.org

      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 28, 2008
        Hi Rick... I am running RMS with AGtoBPQ.. Cn you give me examples
        of the feaures that may not wok so I can test.. I do not see off hand
        anything missig.. But I guess maye there maybe... ust curious and
        also want to help with this... Jerry--- In
        BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Muething" <rmuething@...> wrote:

        > John, All,
        >

        > Thanks. I got all the files and will try and digest. But John's
        comments
        > are more to the point. If AGWtoBPQ does not look and operate
        EXACTLY like
        > AGWPE then some of the features in the RMS menu and operation won't
        work
        > (like showing the ports available, checking on the bytes
        outstanding for
        > flow control, etc). If that's the case as John indicated I would
        rather put
        > in a native BPQ interface mechanism, menu and driver. It could
        present
        > menu info by parsing the BPQ32 cfg file (as RMS currently parses the
        > AGWPE.ini file) making all the options such as BPQ port selection
        work as
        > they should in RMS.
        >

        > With a clean BPQ32 interface it will be easier for the RMS user to
        set up
        > (no tricks like copying AGWPE.ini files or setting to Remote
        computer) and
        > it will also be possible for RMS to periodically check for BPQ32
        operation
        > and launch if required.
        >

        > Let me digest the info and config files you guys sent as well as
        the BPQ32
        > API documentation as suggested by John. It can be any more complex
        than the
        > AGWPE stuff!
        >

        > Thanks again for the feedback,
        >

        > Rick KN6KB
        >

        > _____

        Behalf Of John
        > Wiseman
        > Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 7:15 PM
        > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: RE: [BPQ32] Newbie with BPQ32
        >

        > Rick,
        >

        > 1 - AGWtoBPQ replaces AGWPE. It uses the BPQ32 kernel in the same
        way as any
        > other BPQ32 application.
        >

        > 2 - I've only implemented the AGWPE functions needed to support
        applications
        > that I've been asked to support . The Ports request is identical,
        it will
        > reply to bytes outstanding, but without very useful values, it does
        not
        > support Login.
        >

        > I think others have already helped you with 3.
        >

        > I gather some uses have made RMS work with AGWtoBPQ, and I am happy
        to add
        > additional featues to AGWtoBPQ, However I would prefer new
        applications to
        > talk directly to the BPQ32 API rather than using emulations of other
        > interfaces. The API documention, along with sample programs, is
        available at
        > www.g8bpq.org. <http://www.g8bpq.org.uk> uk. There are both C and
        Visual
        > Basic samples, but the latter are VB4. I did convert a number of my
        VB
        > programs to VB2005, but I didn't like the complication of the
        interface
        > between managed and unmanaged code, so I rewrote them all in C. I'd
        be happy
        > to work with you to produce the code needed to provide a BPQ32
        interface
        > within RMS.
        >

        > 73,
        >
        > John G8BPQ

        Behalf Of Rick
        > Muething
        > Sent: 19 June 2008 21:42
        > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: RE: [BPQ32] Newbie with BPQ32
        >
        > Jerry, All
        >
        > Thanks for the initial feedback but I am still trying to understand
        exactly
        > what BPQ32 does and how it (using AGWtoBPQ) emulates the interface
        to AGWPE
        > or PE Pro.
        >
        > I have BPQ installed and able to initialize with the default config
        file.
        > But before I can modify RMS to better work with BPQ32 I need
        specific
        > answers to the following questions:
        >
        > 1) Is BPQ used to replace the AGWPE or PE Pro or does it work in
        conjunction
        > with AGWPE?
        >
        > 2) Does the AGWtoBPQ interface appear to the connecting program
        EXACTLY like
        > the AGWPE TCPIP interface? Do all the functions like Ports request,
        bytes
        > outstanding request, Login etc work the same or is only a subset of
        the
        > AGWPE interface supported? (the RMS code currently relies heavily
        on some of
        > these extended commands ....e.g. The RMS menu port information for
        remote
        > AGWPE installations is obtained using the Port info request.
        >
        > 3) I would like to set up BPQ32 to work with a single KPC3 TNC
        working off a
        > single RS232 port and make that work with RMS. Can someone help me
        with the
        > configuration file and RMS settings that can make that work?
        >
        > Rick KN6KB

        Behalf
        > Of
        > Jerry - N9LYA
        > Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 5:59 PM
        > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups. <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> com
        > Cc: 'kn6kb'
        > Subject: RE: [BPQ32] Newbie with BPQ32
        >
        > Hi Rick. I have only been using BPQ for just under a year at best.
        I ran
        > an older version back in the late 90's..
        >
        > I do have RMS and BPQ32 running here at my place. No apparent
        problems
        > at all.. at this time..
        >
        > I will send you off list my bpqcfg.txt file..
        >
        > I may be able to allow u access via a remote client to my station
        so you
        > can look around.
        >
        > Just let me know if you would like to do so..
        >
        > 73 Jerry N9LYA
        >
        > ________________________________
        >
        > From: BPQ32@yahoogroups. <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> com
        > [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups. <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> com] On
        Behalf
        > Of
        > kn6kb
        > Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 4:13 PM
        > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups. <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> com
        > Subject: [BPQ32] Newbie with BPQ32
        >
        > I am one of the developers of Winlink 2000 and the RMS server
        programs
        > and Paclink MP Client program. I want to better understand how
        BPQ32 is
        > used so I can update the programs to better support BPQ32. Can
        someone
        > help with some basic answers?
        >
        > 1) Can BPQ be used to replace the AGWPE or PE Pro? If I understand
        the
        > documentation correctly the AGWtoBPQ module will alow interfacing
        > BPQ32 an make it appear a AGWPE. If that is correct are the other
        > support functions of AGWPE (e.g. Version request, Login, bytes
        > outstanding request etc) all work as they do in AGWPE?
        >
        > 2) Can someone familiar with RMS Packet give me a suggestion on how
        > setup BPQ32 and RMS Packet to use BPQ32. I'll try and make this
        easier
        > for the user and document it in the RMS help files.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Rick Muething KN6KB
        > Winlink Development Team

        > Checked by AVG.