Reliable forwarding

  • marcintravis
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 19, 2013
      I have having trouble getting my setting right for message forwarding. When I send a message to a user who has specified a BBS address, I still get the following error back from my BBS:

      @BBS specified, but no forwarding info is available - msg may not be delivered

      How do I overcome this?

      Thanks.
      -Gary, AG1T
    • PE1RDW
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 19, 2013
        On Wed, 19 Jun 2013 17:06:15 +0200, marcintravis <ag1t@...> wrote:

        > I have having trouble getting my setting right for message forwarding.
        > When I send a message to a user who has specified a BBS address, I
        > still get the following error back from my BBS:
        >
        > @BBS specified, but no forwarding info is available - msg may not be
        > delivered
        >

        > How do I overcome this?
        >
        > Thanks.
        > -Gary, AG1T

        Info is a bit limited, my first guess is that the bbs is not in the WP
        database, maybe the bbs is not sending WP updates or you are not getting
        any wp updates at all.
        You could set the WP record for that user yourself, this will ensure that
        there is a known Hroute and from there a forward route, an other option is
        to set the bbs in one or more forwarding partners under the AT list.

        --
        73 Andre PE1RDW
      • Mike
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 19, 2013
          Gary

          Before any message will be sent your BBS needs to know how to connect to the
          remote
          BBS, if you do not have a connection to the remote BBS and have included the
          @BBS call
          Your BBS will not know how or who to send the message to.

          As an example, you wanted to send a message to my BBS, N9PMO but you do not
          have
          A direct connection and/or My H-Route or has not been entered in the manage
          user
          (N9PMO) and Manage Forwarding or at least the very minimum SP N9PMO@N9PMO in
          the
          message it will not be delivered, your BBS will need to know how to connect
          to N9PMO or know an secondary BBS with a route to me.

          In your case it looks like you do not have a path to the BBS you are sending

          the message to, see if you can find out from the BBS Sysop what path to use
          via node connects or what BBS you have a connect with that can forward the
          message on.

          Mike N9PMO