Re: [BPQ32] Newbie with BPQ32

  • Miroslav Skoric (YT7MPB)
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 19, 2008
      Mike Melnik wrote:

      > The BPQ Switch allows for many programs, WinPack, FBB to have multiple
      > connections via TNC and the AXIP

      How to force WinPack 6.80 to recognize BPQ32 v. 4.10d that runs
      on the same computer? Actually, when I want to setup WinPack to use BPQ
      as a host mode, it returns "Failed to find the BPQ switch. The BPQ
      support has not been initialised." - although BPQ32 is already running
      on the same Win XP comp.

      Misko YT7MPB
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 20, 2008

        Misko

        I am going to have to leave this question up to John, or someone else that has made it work, I tried it also

        With the same results as you, but I believe you need to use the BPQ1632.DLL in the related files, if I have time

        This morning I will try it again.

        I never have been able to made the BPQTNC2.exe (Null Modem) work ether I am sure I am doing something

        wrong with both programs.

        Sorry I can’t be of any help.

        73.

        Mike Melnik

        Web Site: http://n9pmo.dyndns.org

        > The BPQ Switch allows for many programs, WinPack, FBB to have multiple
        > connections via TNC and the AXIP

        How to force WinPack 6.80 to recognize BPQ32 v. 4.10d that runs
        on the same computer? Actually, when I want to setup WinPack to use BPQ
        as a host mode, it returns "Failed to find the BPQ switch. The BPQ
        support has not been initialised. " - although BPQ32 is already running
        on the same Win XP comp.

        Misko YT7MPB

      • n9lya
        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 28 2:38 PM
          Hi Rick... I am running RMS with AGtoBPQ.. Cn you give me examples
          of the feaures that may not wok so I can test.. I do not see off hand
          anything missig.. But I guess maye there maybe... ust curious and
          also want to help with this... Jerry--- In
          BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Muething" <rmuething@...> wrote:

          > John, All,
          >

          > Thanks. I got all the files and will try and digest. But John's
          comments
          > are more to the point. If AGWtoBPQ does not look and operate
          EXACTLY like
          > AGWPE then some of the features in the RMS menu and operation won't
          work
          > (like showing the ports available, checking on the bytes
          outstanding for
          > flow control, etc). If that's the case as John indicated I would
          rather put
          > in a native BPQ interface mechanism, menu and driver. It could
          present
          > menu info by parsing the BPQ32 cfg file (as RMS currently parses the
          > AGWPE.ini file) making all the options such as BPQ port selection
          work as
          > they should in RMS.
          >

          > With a clean BPQ32 interface it will be easier for the RMS user to
          set up
          > (no tricks like copying AGWPE.ini files or setting to Remote
          computer) and
          > it will also be possible for RMS to periodically check for BPQ32
          operation
          > and launch if required.
          >

          > Let me digest the info and config files you guys sent as well as
          the BPQ32
          > API documentation as suggested by John. It can be any more complex
          than the
          > AGWPE stuff!
          >

          > Thanks again for the feedback,
          >

          > Rick KN6KB
          >

          > _____

          Behalf Of John
          > Wiseman
          > Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 7:15 PM
          > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: RE: [BPQ32] Newbie with BPQ32
          >

          > Rick,
          >

          > 1 - AGWtoBPQ replaces AGWPE. It uses the BPQ32 kernel in the same
          way as any
          > other BPQ32 application.
          >

          > 2 - I've only implemented the AGWPE functions needed to support
          applications
          > that I've been asked to support . The Ports request is identical,
          it will
          > reply to bytes outstanding, but without very useful values, it does
          not
          > support Login.
          >

          > I think others have already helped you with 3.
          >

          > I gather some uses have made RMS work with AGWtoBPQ, and I am happy
          to add
          > additional featues to AGWtoBPQ, However I would prefer new
          applications to
          > talk directly to the BPQ32 API rather than using emulations of other
          > interfaces. The API documention, along with sample programs, is
          available at
          > www.g8bpq.org. <http://www.g8bpq.org.uk> uk. There are both C and
          Visual
          > Basic samples, but the latter are VB4. I did convert a number of my
          VB
          > programs to VB2005, but I didn't like the complication of the
          interface
          > between managed and unmanaged code, so I rewrote them all in C. I'd
          be happy
          > to work with you to produce the code needed to provide a BPQ32
          interface
          > within RMS.
          >

          > 73,
          >
          > John G8BPQ

          Behalf Of Rick
          > Muething
          > Sent: 19 June 2008 21:42
          > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: RE: [BPQ32] Newbie with BPQ32
          >
          > Jerry, All
          >
          > Thanks for the initial feedback but I am still trying to understand
          exactly
          > what BPQ32 does and how it (using AGWtoBPQ) emulates the interface
          to AGWPE
          > or PE Pro.
          >
          > I have BPQ installed and able to initialize with the default config
          file.
          > But before I can modify RMS to better work with BPQ32 I need
          specific
          > answers to the following questions:
          >
          > 1) Is BPQ used to replace the AGWPE or PE Pro or does it work in
          conjunction
          > with AGWPE?
          >
          > 2) Does the AGWtoBPQ interface appear to the connecting program
          EXACTLY like
          > the AGWPE TCPIP interface? Do all the functions like Ports request,
          bytes
          > outstanding request, Login etc work the same or is only a subset of
          the
          > AGWPE interface supported? (the RMS code currently relies heavily
          on some of
          > these extended commands ....e.g. The RMS menu port information for
          remote
          > AGWPE installations is obtained using the Port info request.
          >
          > 3) I would like to set up BPQ32 to work with a single KPC3 TNC
          working off a
          > single RS232 port and make that work with RMS. Can someone help me
          with the
          > configuration file and RMS settings that can make that work?
          >
          > Rick KN6KB

          Behalf
          > Of
          > Jerry - N9LYA
          > Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 5:59 PM
          > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups. <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> com
          > Cc: 'kn6kb'
          > Subject: RE: [BPQ32] Newbie with BPQ32
          >
          > Hi Rick. I have only been using BPQ for just under a year at best.
          I ran
          > an older version back in the late 90's..
          >
          > I do have RMS and BPQ32 running here at my place. No apparent
          problems
          > at all.. at this time..
          >
          > I will send you off list my bpqcfg.txt file..
          >
          > I may be able to allow u access via a remote client to my station
          so you
          > can look around.
          >
          > Just let me know if you would like to do so..
          >
          > 73 Jerry N9LYA
          >
          > ________________________________
          >
          > From: BPQ32@yahoogroups. <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> com
          > [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups. <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> com] On
          Behalf
          > Of
          > kn6kb
          > Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 4:13 PM
          > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups. <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> com
          > Subject: [BPQ32] Newbie with BPQ32
          >
          > I am one of the developers of Winlink 2000 and the RMS server
          programs
          > and Paclink MP Client program. I want to better understand how
          BPQ32 is
          > used so I can update the programs to better support BPQ32. Can
          someone
          > help with some basic answers?
          >
          > 1) Can BPQ be used to replace the AGWPE or PE Pro? If I understand
          the
          > documentation correctly the AGWtoBPQ module will alow interfacing
          > BPQ32 an make it appear a AGWPE. If that is correct are the other
          > support functions of AGWPE (e.g. Version request, Login, bytes
          > outstanding request etc) all work as they do in AGWPE?
          >
          > 2) Can someone familiar with RMS Packet give me a suggestion on how
          > setup BPQ32 and RMS Packet to use BPQ32. I'll try and make this
          easier
          > for the user and document it in the RMS help files.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Rick Muething KN6KB
          > Winlink Development Team

          > Checked by AVG.