RE: [BPQ32] OGM

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 16, 2013
      You did not mention which version of AR Cluster, 4 or 6?
      You are going to need to use an interface between ARC and BPQ32,
      I run ARC version 4.4.32 using AGWtoBPQ.EXE interface, the OCX interface
      Is an option how ever on Version 4, 33 Streams are allocated (Fixed)
      In my case with all the applications I run 33 is out of the question.

      If version 6 ARC I am not familiar with the setup.

      Just a few other comments on your bpq32.cfg
      Remove DXC=1 not (applicable)
      With a setting of MINQUAL=100 & MAXNODES=32 in global section you are surly
      going to flood
      You Nodes Table making it impossible for node connects.

      AXIP & RF port QUALITY=1 is way to low and MINQUAL= missing
      AXIP Port (MHEARD only) Not =Y
      RF Port (NO MHeard)
      Remove (APPLICATIONS=DXC)

      Until you have an interface to link BPQ32 and ARC you will receive,
      Application not running.

      If you are in need of further help please feel free to e-mail me direct.

      Mike N9PMO
      BPQ32 Group Moderator

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 17, 2013
        Hi Mike,

        I am running the latest version of BPQ and the new version of AR Cluster 6. Seems no one has been able to get this two to work together.

        Thanks for the update on my node config. I should have notice that but I guess with my focus on getting BPQ32 to talk directly to AR Cluster 6 I missed it.

        John Wise, any ideas with this?? I really need your help. I have not asked for your help in over 10 year. HI HI

        73 de Angelo

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 17, 2013
          Angelo,

          I'm afraid I know nothing about AR Cluster V6. I had a look on the Web Site, and couldn't find anything about using it with radio porrts. Is there anything in the configuration about enabling a BPQ32 link?

          If you have it configured to use BPQ32, try looking at the BPQ32 Stream Status WIndow. That will show if it has connected to BPQ32, and if so which application number it is using.

          73, John

          I am running the latest version of BPQ and the new version of AR Cluster 6. Seems no one has been able to get this two to work together.

          Thanks for the update on my node config. I should have notice that but I guess with my focus on getting BPQ32 to talk directly to AR Cluster 6 I missed it.

          John Wise, any ideas with this?? I really need your help. I have not asked for your help in over 10 year. HI HI

          73 de Angelo

          > You did not mention which version of
          AR Cluster, 4 or 6?
          > You are going to need to use an interface between
          ARC and BPQ32,
          > I run ARC version 4.4.32 using AGWtoBPQ.EXE interface,
          the OCX interface
          > Is an option how ever on Version 4, 33 Streams are
          allocated (Fixed)
          > In my case with all the applications I run 33 is out
          of the question.

          > If version 6 ARC I am not familiar with the
          setup.

          > Just a few other comments on your bpq32.cfg

          Remove DXC=1 not (applicable)
          > With a setting of MINQUAL=100 &
          MAXNODES=32 in global section you are surly
          > going to flood
          > You
          Nodes Table making it impossible for node connects.

          > AXIP &
          RF port QUALITY=1 is way to low and MINQUAL= missing
          > AXIP Port (MHEARD
          only) Not =Y
          > RF Port (NO MHeard)
          > Remove
          (APPLICATIONS=DXC)

          > Until you have an interface to link BPQ32
          and ARC you will receive,
          > Application not running.
          >
          > If
          you are in need of further help please feel free to e-mail me direct.

          > Mike N9PMO
          > BPQ32 Group Moderator
          > www.n9pmo.com

          [BPQ32] OGM

          > It been a long time since
          I have used BPQ. The good old dos days matter of
          > fact. With this said, I
          have trying to config BPQ to work
          > with the AR Cluster I have running
          again here in New Orleans.

          > I have the node running fine but
          seem to be having troubles getting the
          > Cluster app to answer. It keeps
          saying the app is not running.

          > Just for information, I have the
          following :
          > n5uxt-8 - BPQNWO
          > n5uxt - NWODXC - Ar Cluster
          >
          > 1 app - Ar Cluster - DXC - connecting directly to AR Cluster - NOT
          through
          > the AGW BPQ Bridge.
          > 1 radio Port 145.010
          >
          > The Radio port is working fine. The node is working fine.
          >
          > Attached is my bpq.cfg file. Any help would be appreciated.
          > ;
          CONFIGURATION FILE FOR BPQ32
          > ; N5UXT-8 GATE 6/16/2013
          > ;

          LOCATOR=EM40XA
          > NODECALL=N5UXT-8
          > NODEALIAS=BPQNWO

          IDMSG:
          > !N5UXT-8 NEW ORLEANS, DX CLUSTER
          > *** ; Denotes end of
          IDMSG text
          > ;UNPROTO=ID
          > INFOMSG:
          > N5UXT Gateway

          BPQNWO:N5UXT-8 } DXC CONNECT BYE INFO NODES ROUTES PORTS USERS MHEARD

          ***
          > CTEXT:
          > N5UXT Gateway
          > BPQNWO:N5UXT-8} DXC CONNECT
          BYE INFO NODES ROUTES PORTS USERS MHEARD
          > ***
          > FULL_CTEXT=0
          > OBSINIT=6
          > OBSMIN=4
          > NODESINTERVAL=15

          IDINTERVAL=60
          > BTINTERVAL=0
          > L3TIMETOLIVE=25

          L4RETRIES=5
          > L4TIMEOUT=120
          > L4DELAY=10
          > L4WINDOW=4
          > MAXLINKS=16
          > MAXNODES=32
          > MAXROUTES=16

          MAXCIRCUITS=128
          > MINQUAL=100
          > BUFFERS=255
          > PACLEN=230
          > TRANSDELAY=1
          > T3=600
          > IDLETIME=600

          BBS=0
          > DXC=1
          > NODE=1
          > HIDENODES=1

          ENABLE_LINKED=N

          > ; Ports
          > ;
          > PORT

          ID=AX/IP/UDP
          > TYPE=EXTERNAL
          > DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL

          QUALITY=1
          > MAXFRAME=7
          > FRACK=3000
          > RESPTIME=500

          RETRIES=5
          > PACLEN=230
          > BCALL=N5UXT
          > MHEARD=Y

          CONFIG
          > MHEARD
          > UDP 8000
          > ;DONTCHECKSOURCECALL

          ;AUTOADDMAP
          > BROADCAST NODES
          > ;BROADCAST QST

          ENDPORT

          > PORT
          > ID=NEW ORLEANS 145.010

          TYPE=ASYNC
          > PROTOCOL=KISS
          > IOADDR=8
          > QUALITY=1

          SPEED=9600
          > CHANNEL=A
          > MAXFRAME=2
          > TXDELAY=250

          SLOTTIME=100
          > PERSIST=64
          > FULLDUP=0
          > FRACK=5000

          RESPTIME=1000
          > RETRIES=10
          > PACLEN=230

          NOKEEPALIVES=1
          > MHEARD=Y
          > ENDPORT
          >
          > ;

          ROUTES: ; Locked routes
          > ;
          > ;
          CALLSIGN,QUALITY,PORT[,MAXFRAME,FRACK,PACLEN]
          > ; The values in [...] if
          stated override the port defaults.

          > *** ; Denotes end of locked
          routes
          > ;
          > ; Applications supported:
          > ;
          > ; The first
          three are reserved for BBS, HOST and REMOTE SYSOP.
          > ; Five additional
          applications, up to 12 bytes each, can be
          > ; defined as you wish.
          Applications beginning with a * are not
          > ; shown in the valid commands
          display.
          > ;
          > APPLICATIONS=DXC ;
          > APPLICATION
          1,DX,,N5UXT,NWODXC,255

        • n5uxt
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 17, 2013
            Hi John,

            It has been a very long time. HI HI.

            I talked to Terry today and I was told that his AR Cluster software connects with AGW via a TCP connection on port 8000 via the loop back ip address. His software will try to connect to establish a link every 30 seconds or so until it finally receives a response from AGW. Once the connections is established, AGW returns returns data with agw version and number of ports active.

            I hope I have helped. I am still lost here.

            73 de Angelo

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 18, 2013
              Ok,

              So it sounds like AR Cluster 6 only supports the AGWPE interface and not BPQ32. So you will have to use AGWtoBPQ.exe  to link it to BPQ32.

              73, John

              I talked to Terry today and I was told that his AR Cluster software connects with AGW via a TCP connection on port 8000 via the loop back ip address. His software will try to connect to establish a link every 30 seconds or so until it finally receives a response from AGW. Once the connections is established, AGW returns returns data with agw version and number of ports active.

              I hope I have helped. I am still lost here.

              73 de Angelo

              > Angelo,
              >
              > I'm
              afraid I know nothing about AR Cluster V6. I had a look on the Web Site,

              and couldn't find anything about using it with radio porrts. Is there

              anything in the configuration about enabling a BPQ32 link?

              > If
              you have it configured to use BPQ32, try looking at the BPQ32 Stream

              Status WIndow. That will show if it has connected to BPQ32, and if so which
              > application number it is using.
              >
              > 73, John
              >
              > _____

              [BPQ32] Re: OGM

              > Hi Mike,
              >
              > I am running the latest version of BPQ and the new version of AR
              Cluster 6.
              > Seems no one has been able to get this two to work together.
              >
              > Thanks for the update on my node config. I should have notice
              that but I
              > guess with my focus on getting BPQ32 to talk directly to AR
              Cluster 6 I
              > missed it.
              >
              > John Wise, any ideas with
              this?? I really need your help. I have not asked
              > for your help in over
              10 year. HI HI

              href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "Mike"
              wrote:

              > > You did not mention which version of AR
              Cluster, 4 or 6?
              > > You are going to need to use an interface between
              ARC and BPQ32,
              > > I run ARC version 4.4.32 using AGWtoBPQ.EXE
              interface, the OCX interface
              > > Is an option how ever on Version 4, 33
              Streams are allocated (Fixed)
              > > In my case with all the applications
              I run 33 is out of the question.

              > > If version 6 ARC I
              am not familiar with the setup.

              > > Just a few other
              comments on your bpq32.cfg
              > > Remove DXC=1 not (applicable)
              > > With a setting of MINQUAL=100 & MAXNODES=32 in global section you
              are
              > surly
              > > going to flood
              > > You Nodes Table
              making it impossible for node connects.

              > > AXIP & RF
              port QUALITY=1 is way to low and MINQUAL= missing
              > > AXIP Port (MHEARD
              only) Not =Y
              > > RF Port (NO MHeard)
              > > Remove
              (APPLICATIONS=DXC)

              > > Until you have an interface to
              link BPQ32 and ARC you will receive,
              > > Application not running.
              > >
              > > If you are in need of further help please feel free
              to e-mail me direct.

              > > Mike N9PMO
              > > BPQ32
              Group Moderator
              > > www.n9pmo.com

              since I have used BPQ. The good old dos days matter of
              > > fact. With
              this said, I have trying to config BPQ to work
              > > with the AR Cluster
              I have running again here in New Orleans.

              > > I have the
              node running fine but seem to be having troubles getting the

              Cluster app to answer. It keeps saying the app is not running.

              > > Just for information, I have the following :
              > > n5uxt-8
              - BPQNWO
              > > n5uxt - NWODXC - Ar Cluster
              > >
              > > 1
              app - Ar Cluster - DXC - connecting directly to AR Cluster - NOT through
              > > the AGW BPQ Bridge.
              > > 1 radio Port 145.010
              > >
              > > The Radio port is working fine. The node is working fine.
              > >
              > > Attached is my bpq.cfg file. Any help would be appreciated.
              > > ; CONFIGURATION FILE FOR BPQ32
              > > ; N5UXT-8 GATE
              6/16/2013
              > > ;
              > > LOCATOR=EM40XA

              NODECALL=N5UXT-8
              > > NODEALIAS=BPQNWO
              > > IDMSG:
              > > !N5UXT-8 NEW ORLEANS, DX CLUSTER
              > > *** ; Denotes end of IDMSG
              text
              > > ;UNPROTO=ID
              > > INFOMSG:
              > > N5UXT
              Gateway
              > > BPQNWO:N5UXT-8 } DXC CONNECT BYE INFO NODES ROUTES PORTS
              USERS MHEARD
              > > ***
              > > CTEXT:
              > > N5UXT
              Gateway
              > > BPQNWO:N5UXT-8} DXC CONNECT BYE INFO NODES ROUTES PORTS
              USERS MHEARD
              > > ***
              > > FULL_CTEXT=0
              > > OBSINIT=6
              > > OBSMIN=4
              > > NODESINTERVAL=15
              > > IDINTERVAL=60
              > > BTINTERVAL=0
              > > L3TIMETOLIVE=25

              L4RETRIES=5
              > > L4TIMEOUT=120
              > > L4DELAY=10

              L4WINDOW=4
              > > MAXLINKS=16
              > > MAXNODES=32

              MAXROUTES=16
              > > MAXCIRCUITS=128
              > > MINQUAL=100
              > > BUFFERS=255
              > > PACLEN=230
              > > TRANSDELAY=1
              > > T3=600
              > > IDLETIME=600
              > > BBS=0
              > > DXC=1
              > > NODE=1
              > > HIDENODES=1
              > > ENABLE_LINKED=N
              > >
              > > ; Ports
              > > ;
              > > PORT
              > > ID=AX/IP/UDP
              > > TYPE=EXTERNAL

              DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL
              > > QUALITY=1
              > > MAXFRAME=7

              FRACK=3000
              > > RESPTIME=500
              > > RETRIES=5

              PACLEN=230
              > > BCALL=N5UXT
              > > MHEARD=Y

              CONFIG
              > > MHEARD
              > > UDP 8000

              ;DONTCHECKSOURCECALL
              > > ;AUTOADDMAP
              > > BROADCAST
              NODES
              > > ;BROADCAST QST
              > > ENDPORT
              > >
              > > PORT
              > > ID=NEW ORLEANS 145.010
              > > TYPE=ASYNC
              > > PROTOCOL=KISS
              > > IOADDR=8
              > > QUALITY=1

              SPEED=9600
              > > CHANNEL=A
              > > MAXFRAME=2

              TXDELAY=250
              > > SLOTTIME=100
              > > PERSIST=64

              FULLDUP=0
              > > FRACK=5000
              > > RESPTIME=1000

              RETRIES=10
              > > PACLEN=230
              > > NOKEEPALIVES=1

              MHEARD=Y
              > > ENDPORT
              > >
              > > ;
              > > ROUTES:
              ; Locked routes
              > > ;
              > > ;
              CALLSIGN,QUALITY,PORT[,MAXFRAME,FRACK,PACLEN]
              > > ; The values in
              [...] if stated override the port defaults.

              > > *** ;
              Denotes end of locked routes
              > > ;
              > > ; Applications
              supported:
              > > ;
              > > ; The first three are reserved for BBS,
              HOST and REMOTE SYSOP.
              > > ; Five additional applications, up to 12
              bytes each, can be
              > > ; defined as you wish. Applications beginning
              with a * are not
              > > ; shown in the valid commands display.
              > > ;
              > > APPLICATIONS=DXC ;