OGM

  • n5uxt
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 16, 2013
      It been a long time since I have used BPQ. The good old dos days matter of fact. With this said, I have trying to config BPQ to work
      with the AR Cluster I have running again here in New Orleans.

      I have the node running fine but seem to be having troubles getting the Cluster app to answer. It keeps saying the app is not running.

      Just for information, I have the following :
      n5uxt-8 - BPQNWO
      n5uxt - NWODXC - Ar Cluster

      1 app - Ar Cluster - DXC - connecting directly to AR Cluster - NOT through the AGW BPQ Bridge.
      1 radio Port 145.010

      The Radio port is working fine. The node is working fine.

      Attached is my bpq.cfg file. Any help would be appreciated.
      ; CONFIGURATION FILE FOR BPQ32
      ; N5UXT-8 GATE 6/16/2013
      ;
      LOCATOR=EM40XA
      NODECALL=N5UXT-8
      NODEALIAS=BPQNWO
      IDMSG:
      !N5UXT-8 NEW ORLEANS, DX CLUSTER
      *** ; Denotes end of IDMSG text
      ;UNPROTO=ID
      INFOMSG:
      N5UXT Gateway
      BPQNWO:N5UXT-8 } DXC CONNECT BYE INFO NODES ROUTES PORTS USERS MHEARD
      ***
      CTEXT:
      N5UXT Gateway
      BPQNWO:N5UXT-8} DXC CONNECT BYE INFO NODES ROUTES PORTS USERS MHEARD
      ***
      FULL_CTEXT=0
      OBSINIT=6
      OBSMIN=4
      NODESINTERVAL=15
      IDINTERVAL=60
      BTINTERVAL=0
      L3TIMETOLIVE=25
      L4RETRIES=5
      L4TIMEOUT=120
      L4DELAY=10
      L4WINDOW=4
      MAXLINKS=16
      MAXNODES=32
      MAXROUTES=16
      MAXCIRCUITS=128
      MINQUAL=100
      BUFFERS=255
      PACLEN=230
      TRANSDELAY=1
      T3=600
      IDLETIME=600
      BBS=0
      DXC=1
      NODE=1
      HIDENODES=1
      ENABLE_LINKED=N

      ; Ports
      ;
      PORT
      ID=AX/IP/UDP
      TYPE=EXTERNAL
      DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL
      QUALITY=1
      MAXFRAME=7
      FRACK=3000
      RESPTIME=500
      RETRIES=5
      PACLEN=230
      BCALL=N5UXT
      MHEARD=Y
      CONFIG
      MHEARD
      UDP 8000
      ;DONTCHECKSOURCECALL
      ;AUTOADDMAP
      BROADCAST NODES
      ;BROADCAST QST
      ENDPORT

      PORT
      ID=NEW ORLEANS 145.010
      TYPE=ASYNC
      PROTOCOL=KISS
      IOADDR=8
      QUALITY=1
      SPEED=9600
      CHANNEL=A
      MAXFRAME=2
      TXDELAY=250
      SLOTTIME=100
      PERSIST=64
      FULLDUP=0
      FRACK=5000
      RESPTIME=1000
      RETRIES=10
      PACLEN=230
      NOKEEPALIVES=1
      MHEARD=Y
      ENDPORT

      ;
      ROUTES: ; Locked routes
      ;
      ; CALLSIGN,QUALITY,PORT[,MAXFRAME,FRACK,PACLEN]
      ; The values in [...] if stated override the port defaults.

      *** ; Denotes end of locked routes
      ;
      ; Applications supported:
      ;
      ; The first three are reserved for BBS, HOST and REMOTE SYSOP.
      ; Five additional applications, up to 12 bytes each, can be
      ; defined as you wish. Applications beginning with a * are not
      ; shown in the valid commands display.
      ;
      APPLICATIONS=DXC ;
      APPLICATION 1,DX,,N5UXT,NWODXC,255
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 16, 2013
        You did not mention which version of AR Cluster, 4 or 6?
        You are going to need to use an interface between ARC and BPQ32,
        I run ARC version 4.4.32 using AGWtoBPQ.EXE interface, the OCX interface
        Is an option how ever on Version 4, 33 Streams are allocated (Fixed)
        In my case with all the applications I run 33 is out of the question.

        If version 6 ARC I am not familiar with the setup.

        Just a few other comments on your bpq32.cfg
        Remove DXC=1 not (applicable)
        With a setting of MINQUAL=100 & MAXNODES=32 in global section you are surly
        going to flood
        You Nodes Table making it impossible for node connects.

        AXIP & RF port QUALITY=1 is way to low and MINQUAL= missing
        AXIP Port (MHEARD only) Not =Y
        RF Port (NO MHeard)
        Remove (APPLICATIONS=DXC)

        Until you have an interface to link BPQ32 and ARC you will receive,
        Application not running.

        If you are in need of further help please feel free to e-mail me direct.

        Mike N9PMO
        BPQ32 Group Moderator

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 17, 2013
          Hi Mike,

          I am running the latest version of BPQ and the new version of AR Cluster 6. Seems no one has been able to get this two to work together.

          Thanks for the update on my node config. I should have notice that but I guess with my focus on getting BPQ32 to talk directly to AR Cluster 6 I missed it.

          John Wise, any ideas with this?? I really need your help. I have not asked for your help in over 10 year. HI HI

          73 de Angelo

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 17, 2013
            Angelo,

            I'm afraid I know nothing about AR Cluster V6. I had a look on the Web Site, and couldn't find anything about using it with radio porrts. Is there anything in the configuration about enabling a BPQ32 link?

            If you have it configured to use BPQ32, try looking at the BPQ32 Stream Status WIndow. That will show if it has connected to BPQ32, and if so which application number it is using.

            73, John

            I am running the latest version of BPQ and the new version of AR Cluster 6. Seems no one has been able to get this two to work together.

            Thanks for the update on my node config. I should have notice that but I guess with my focus on getting BPQ32 to talk directly to AR Cluster 6 I missed it.

            John Wise, any ideas with this?? I really need your help. I have not asked for your help in over 10 year. HI HI

            73 de Angelo

            > You did not mention which version of
            AR Cluster, 4 or 6?
            > You are going to need to use an interface between
            ARC and BPQ32,
            > I run ARC version 4.4.32 using AGWtoBPQ.EXE interface,
            the OCX interface
            > Is an option how ever on Version 4, 33 Streams are
            allocated (Fixed)
            > In my case with all the applications I run 33 is out
            of the question.

            > If version 6 ARC I am not familiar with the
            setup.

            > Just a few other comments on your bpq32.cfg

            Remove DXC=1 not (applicable)
            > With a setting of MINQUAL=100 &
            MAXNODES=32 in global section you are surly
            > going to flood
            > You
            Nodes Table making it impossible for node connects.

            > AXIP &
            RF port QUALITY=1 is way to low and MINQUAL= missing
            > AXIP Port (MHEARD
            only) Not =Y
            > RF Port (NO MHeard)
            > Remove
            (APPLICATIONS=DXC)

            > Until you have an interface to link BPQ32
            and ARC you will receive,
            > Application not running.
            >
            > If
            you are in need of further help please feel free to e-mail me direct.

            > Mike N9PMO
            > BPQ32 Group Moderator
            > www.n9pmo.com

            [BPQ32] OGM

            > It been a long time since
            I have used BPQ. The good old dos days matter of
            > fact. With this said, I
            have trying to config BPQ to work
            > with the AR Cluster I have running
            again here in New Orleans.

            > I have the node running fine but
            seem to be having troubles getting the
            > Cluster app to answer. It keeps
            saying the app is not running.

            > Just for information, I have the
            following :
            > n5uxt-8 - BPQNWO
            > n5uxt - NWODXC - Ar Cluster
            >
            > 1 app - Ar Cluster - DXC - connecting directly to AR Cluster - NOT
            through
            > the AGW BPQ Bridge.
            > 1 radio Port 145.010
            >
            > The Radio port is working fine. The node is working fine.
            >
            > Attached is my bpq.cfg file. Any help would be appreciated.
            > ;
            CONFIGURATION FILE FOR BPQ32
            > ; N5UXT-8 GATE 6/16/2013
            > ;

            LOCATOR=EM40XA
            > NODECALL=N5UXT-8
            > NODEALIAS=BPQNWO

            IDMSG:
            > !N5UXT-8 NEW ORLEANS, DX CLUSTER
            > *** ; Denotes end of
            IDMSG text
            > ;UNPROTO=ID
            > INFOMSG:
            > N5UXT Gateway

            BPQNWO:N5UXT-8 } DXC CONNECT BYE INFO NODES ROUTES PORTS USERS MHEARD

            ***
            > CTEXT:
            > N5UXT Gateway
            > BPQNWO:N5UXT-8} DXC CONNECT
            BYE INFO NODES ROUTES PORTS USERS MHEARD
            > ***
            > FULL_CTEXT=0
            > OBSINIT=6
            > OBSMIN=4
            > NODESINTERVAL=15

            IDINTERVAL=60
            > BTINTERVAL=0
            > L3TIMETOLIVE=25

            L4RETRIES=5
            > L4TIMEOUT=120
            > L4DELAY=10
            > L4WINDOW=4
            > MAXLINKS=16
            > MAXNODES=32
            > MAXROUTES=16

            MAXCIRCUITS=128
            > MINQUAL=100
            > BUFFERS=255
            > PACLEN=230
            > TRANSDELAY=1
            > T3=600
            > IDLETIME=600

            BBS=0
            > DXC=1
            > NODE=1
            > HIDENODES=1

            ENABLE_LINKED=N

            > ; Ports
            > ;
            > PORT

            ID=AX/IP/UDP
            > TYPE=EXTERNAL
            > DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL

            QUALITY=1
            > MAXFRAME=7
            > FRACK=3000
            > RESPTIME=500

            RETRIES=5
            > PACLEN=230
            > BCALL=N5UXT
            > MHEARD=Y

            CONFIG
            > MHEARD
            > UDP 8000
            > ;DONTCHECKSOURCECALL

            ;AUTOADDMAP
            > BROADCAST NODES
            > ;BROADCAST QST

            ENDPORT

            > PORT
            > ID=NEW ORLEANS 145.010

            TYPE=ASYNC
            > PROTOCOL=KISS
            > IOADDR=8
            > QUALITY=1

            SPEED=9600
            > CHANNEL=A
            > MAXFRAME=2
            > TXDELAY=250

            SLOTTIME=100
            > PERSIST=64
            > FULLDUP=0
            > FRACK=5000

            RESPTIME=1000
            > RETRIES=10
            > PACLEN=230

            NOKEEPALIVES=1
            > MHEARD=Y
            > ENDPORT
            >
            > ;

            ROUTES: ; Locked routes
            > ;
            > ;
            CALLSIGN,QUALITY,PORT[,MAXFRAME,FRACK,PACLEN]
            > ; The values in [...] if
            stated override the port defaults.

            > *** ; Denotes end of locked
            routes
            > ;
            > ; Applications supported:
            > ;
            > ; The first
            three are reserved for BBS, HOST and REMOTE SYSOP.
            > ; Five additional
            applications, up to 12 bytes each, can be
            > ; defined as you wish.
            Applications beginning with a * are not
            > ; shown in the valid commands
            display.
            > ;
            > APPLICATIONS=DXC ;
            > APPLICATION
            1,DX,,N5UXT,NWODXC,255

          • n5uxt
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 17, 2013
              Hi John,

              It has been a very long time. HI HI.

              I talked to Terry today and I was told that his AR Cluster software connects with AGW via a TCP connection on port 8000 via the loop back ip address. His software will try to connect to establish a link every 30 seconds or so until it finally receives a response from AGW. Once the connections is established, AGW returns returns data with agw version and number of ports active.

              I hope I have helped. I am still lost here.

              73 de Angelo

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 18, 2013
                Ok,

                So it sounds like AR Cluster 6 only supports the AGWPE interface and not BPQ32. So you will have to use AGWtoBPQ.exe  to link it to BPQ32.

                73, John

                I talked to Terry today and I was told that his AR Cluster software connects with AGW via a TCP connection on port 8000 via the loop back ip address. His software will try to connect to establish a link every 30 seconds or so until it finally receives a response from AGW. Once the connections is established, AGW returns returns data with agw version and number of ports active.

                I hope I have helped. I am still lost here.

                73 de Angelo

                > Angelo,
                >
                > I'm
                afraid I know nothing about AR Cluster V6. I had a look on the Web Site,

                and couldn't find anything about using it with radio porrts. Is there

                anything in the configuration about enabling a BPQ32 link?

                > If
                you have it configured to use BPQ32, try looking at the BPQ32 Stream

                Status WIndow. That will show if it has connected to BPQ32, and if so which
                > application number it is using.
                >
                > 73, John
                >
                > _____

                [BPQ32] Re: OGM

                > Hi Mike,
                >
                > I am running the latest version of BPQ and the new version of AR
                Cluster 6.
                > Seems no one has been able to get this two to work together.
                >
                > Thanks for the update on my node config. I should have notice
                that but I
                > guess with my focus on getting BPQ32 to talk directly to AR
                Cluster 6 I
                > missed it.
                >
                > John Wise, any ideas with
                this?? I really need your help. I have not asked
                > for your help in over
                10 year. HI HI

                href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "Mike"
                wrote:

                > > You did not mention which version of AR
                Cluster, 4 or 6?
                > > You are going to need to use an interface between
                ARC and BPQ32,
                > > I run ARC version 4.4.32 using AGWtoBPQ.EXE
                interface, the OCX interface
                > > Is an option how ever on Version 4, 33
                Streams are allocated (Fixed)
                > > In my case with all the applications
                I run 33 is out of the question.

                > > If version 6 ARC I
                am not familiar with the setup.

                > > Just a few other
                comments on your bpq32.cfg
                > > Remove DXC=1 not (applicable)
                > > With a setting of MINQUAL=100 & MAXNODES=32 in global section you
                are
                > surly
                > > going to flood
                > > You Nodes Table
                making it impossible for node connects.

                > > AXIP & RF
                port QUALITY=1 is way to low and MINQUAL= missing
                > > AXIP Port (MHEARD
                only) Not =Y
                > > RF Port (NO MHeard)
                > > Remove
                (APPLICATIONS=DXC)

                > > Until you have an interface to
                link BPQ32 and ARC you will receive,
                > > Application not running.
                > >
                > > If you are in need of further help please feel free
                to e-mail me direct.

                > > Mike N9PMO
                > > BPQ32
                Group Moderator
                > > www.n9pmo.com

                since I have used BPQ. The good old dos days matter of
                > > fact. With
                this said, I have trying to config BPQ to work
                > > with the AR Cluster
                I have running again here in New Orleans.

                > > I have the
                node running fine but seem to be having troubles getting the

                Cluster app to answer. It keeps saying the app is not running.

                > > Just for information, I have the following :
                > > n5uxt-8
                - BPQNWO
                > > n5uxt - NWODXC - Ar Cluster
                > >
                > > 1
                app - Ar Cluster - DXC - connecting directly to AR Cluster - NOT through
                > > the AGW BPQ Bridge.
                > > 1 radio Port 145.010
                > >
                > > The Radio port is working fine. The node is working fine.
                > >
                > > Attached is my bpq.cfg file. Any help would be appreciated.
                > > ; CONFIGURATION FILE FOR BPQ32
                > > ; N5UXT-8 GATE
                6/16/2013
                > > ;
                > > LOCATOR=EM40XA

                NODECALL=N5UXT-8
                > > NODEALIAS=BPQNWO
                > > IDMSG:
                > > !N5UXT-8 NEW ORLEANS, DX CLUSTER
                > > *** ; Denotes end of IDMSG
                text
                > > ;UNPROTO=ID
                > > INFOMSG:
                > > N5UXT
                Gateway
                > > BPQNWO:N5UXT-8 } DXC CONNECT BYE INFO NODES ROUTES PORTS
                USERS MHEARD
                > > ***
                > > CTEXT:
                > > N5UXT
                Gateway
                > > BPQNWO:N5UXT-8} DXC CONNECT BYE INFO NODES ROUTES PORTS
                USERS MHEARD
                > > ***
                > > FULL_CTEXT=0
                > > OBSINIT=6
                > > OBSMIN=4
                > > NODESINTERVAL=15
                > > IDINTERVAL=60
                > > BTINTERVAL=0
                > > L3TIMETOLIVE=25

                L4RETRIES=5
                > > L4TIMEOUT=120
                > > L4DELAY=10

                L4WINDOW=4
                > > MAXLINKS=16
                > > MAXNODES=32

                MAXROUTES=16
                > > MAXCIRCUITS=128
                > > MINQUAL=100
                > > BUFFERS=255
                > > PACLEN=230
                > > TRANSDELAY=1
                > > T3=600
                > > IDLETIME=600
                > > BBS=0
                > > DXC=1
                > > NODE=1
                > > HIDENODES=1
                > > ENABLE_LINKED=N
                > >
                > > ; Ports
                > > ;
                > > PORT
                > > ID=AX/IP/UDP
                > > TYPE=EXTERNAL

                DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL
                > > QUALITY=1
                > > MAXFRAME=7

                FRACK=3000
                > > RESPTIME=500
                > > RETRIES=5

                PACLEN=230
                > > BCALL=N5UXT
                > > MHEARD=Y

                CONFIG
                > > MHEARD
                > > UDP 8000

                ;DONTCHECKSOURCECALL
                > > ;AUTOADDMAP
                > > BROADCAST
                NODES
                > > ;BROADCAST QST
                > > ENDPORT
                > >
                > > PORT
                > > ID=NEW ORLEANS 145.010
                > > TYPE=ASYNC
                > > PROTOCOL=KISS
                > > IOADDR=8
                > > QUALITY=1

                SPEED=9600
                > > CHANNEL=A
                > > MAXFRAME=2

                TXDELAY=250
                > > SLOTTIME=100
                > > PERSIST=64

                FULLDUP=0
                > > FRACK=5000
                > > RESPTIME=1000

                RETRIES=10
                > > PACLEN=230
                > > NOKEEPALIVES=1

                MHEARD=Y
                > > ENDPORT
                > >
                > > ;
                > > ROUTES:
                ; Locked routes
                > > ;
                > > ;
                CALLSIGN,QUALITY,PORT[,MAXFRAME,FRACK,PACLEN]
                > > ; The values in
                [...] if stated override the port defaults.

                > > *** ;
                Denotes end of locked routes
                > > ;
                > > ; Applications
                supported:
                > > ;
                > > ; The first three are reserved for BBS,
                HOST and REMOTE SYSOP.
                > > ; Five additional applications, up to 12
                bytes each, can be
                > > ; defined as you wish. Applications beginning
                with a * are not
                > > ; shown in the valid commands display.
                > > ;
                > > APPLICATIONS=DXC ;