RE: [BPQ32] Newbie with BPQ32

    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 19, 2008

      Rick

      I have sent a BPQCFG.TXT, two PNG’S, AGWPE.INI and brief instructions about a half hour a go.

      To your E-Mail Address.

      Mike Melnik

      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 19, 2008

        John, All,

        Thanks.  I got all the files and will try and digest.  But John’s comments are more to the point. If AGWtoBPQ does not look and operate EXACTLY like AGWPE then some of the features in the RMS menu and operation won’t work (like showing the ports available, checking on the bytes outstanding for flow control, etc).  If that’s the case as John indicated I would rather put in a native BPQ interface mechanism, menu  and driver.  It could present menu info by parsing the BPQ32 cfg file (as RMS currently parses the AGWPE.ini file) making all the options such as BPQ port selection work as they should in RMS.

        With a clean BPQ32 interface it will be easier for the RMS user to set up (no tricks like copying AGWPE.ini files or setting to Remote computer) and it will also be possible for RMS to periodically check for BPQ32 operation and launch if required.

        Let me digest the info and config files you guys sent as well as the BPQ32 API documentation as suggested by John.  It can be any more complex than the AGWPE stuff!

        Thanks again for the feedback,

        Rick KN6KB

        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 19, 2008
          Mike Melnik wrote:

          > The BPQ Switch allows for many programs, WinPack, FBB to have multiple
          > connections via TNC and the AXIP

          How to force WinPack 6.80 to recognize BPQ32 v. 4.10d that runs
          on the same computer? Actually, when I want to setup WinPack to use BPQ
          as a host mode, it returns "Failed to find the BPQ switch. The BPQ
          support has not been initialised." - although BPQ32 is already running
          on the same Win XP comp.

          Misko YT7MPB
          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 20, 2008

            Misko

            I am going to have to leave this question up to John, or someone else that has made it work, I tried it also

            With the same results as you, but I believe you need to use the BPQ1632.DLL in the related files, if I have time

            This morning I will try it again.

            I never have been able to made the BPQTNC2.exe (Null Modem) work ether I am sure I am doing something

            wrong with both programs.

            Sorry I can’t be of any help.

            73.

            Mike Melnik

            Web Site: http://n9pmo.dyndns.org

            > The BPQ Switch allows for many programs, WinPack, FBB to have multiple
            > connections via TNC and the AXIP

            How to force WinPack 6.80 to recognize BPQ32 v. 4.10d that runs
            on the same computer? Actually, when I want to setup WinPack to use BPQ
            as a host mode, it returns "Failed to find the BPQ switch. The BPQ
            support has not been initialised. " - although BPQ32 is already running
            on the same Win XP comp.

            Misko YT7MPB

          • n9lya
            Message 5 of 21 , Jul 28, 2008
              Hi Rick... I am running RMS with AGtoBPQ.. Cn you give me examples
              of the feaures that may not wok so I can test.. I do not see off hand
              anything missig.. But I guess maye there maybe... ust curious and
              also want to help with this... Jerry--- In
              BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Muething" <rmuething@...> wrote:

              > John, All,
              >

              > Thanks. I got all the files and will try and digest. But John's
              comments
              > are more to the point. If AGWtoBPQ does not look and operate
              EXACTLY like
              > AGWPE then some of the features in the RMS menu and operation won't
              work
              > (like showing the ports available, checking on the bytes
              outstanding for
              > flow control, etc). If that's the case as John indicated I would
              rather put
              > in a native BPQ interface mechanism, menu and driver. It could
              present
              > menu info by parsing the BPQ32 cfg file (as RMS currently parses the
              > AGWPE.ini file) making all the options such as BPQ port selection
              work as
              > they should in RMS.
              >

              > With a clean BPQ32 interface it will be easier for the RMS user to
              set up
              > (no tricks like copying AGWPE.ini files or setting to Remote
              computer) and
              > it will also be possible for RMS to periodically check for BPQ32
              operation
              > and launch if required.
              >

              > Let me digest the info and config files you guys sent as well as
              the BPQ32
              > API documentation as suggested by John. It can be any more complex
              than the
              > AGWPE stuff!
              >

              > Thanks again for the feedback,
              >

              > Rick KN6KB
              >

              > _____

              Behalf Of John
              > Wiseman
              > Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 7:15 PM
              > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: RE: [BPQ32] Newbie with BPQ32
              >

              > Rick,
              >

              > 1 - AGWtoBPQ replaces AGWPE. It uses the BPQ32 kernel in the same
              way as any
              > other BPQ32 application.
              >

              > 2 - I've only implemented the AGWPE functions needed to support
              applications
              > that I've been asked to support . The Ports request is identical,
              it will
              > reply to bytes outstanding, but without very useful values, it does
              not
              > support Login.
              >

              > I think others have already helped you with 3.
              >

              > I gather some uses have made RMS work with AGWtoBPQ, and I am happy
              to add
              > additional featues to AGWtoBPQ, However I would prefer new
              applications to
              > talk directly to the BPQ32 API rather than using emulations of other
              > interfaces. The API documention, along with sample programs, is
              available at
              > www.g8bpq.org. <http://www.g8bpq.org.uk> uk. There are both C and
              Visual
              > Basic samples, but the latter are VB4. I did convert a number of my
              VB
              > programs to VB2005, but I didn't like the complication of the
              interface
              > between managed and unmanaged code, so I rewrote them all in C. I'd
              be happy
              > to work with you to produce the code needed to provide a BPQ32
              interface
              > within RMS.
              >

              > 73,
              >
              > John G8BPQ

              Behalf Of Rick
              > Muething
              > Sent: 19 June 2008 21:42
              > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: RE: [BPQ32] Newbie with BPQ32
              >
              > Jerry, All
              >
              > Thanks for the initial feedback but I am still trying to understand
              exactly
              > what BPQ32 does and how it (using AGWtoBPQ) emulates the interface
              to AGWPE
              > or PE Pro.
              >
              > I have BPQ installed and able to initialize with the default config
              file.
              > But before I can modify RMS to better work with BPQ32 I need
              specific
              > answers to the following questions:
              >
              > 1) Is BPQ used to replace the AGWPE or PE Pro or does it work in
              conjunction
              > with AGWPE?
              >
              > 2) Does the AGWtoBPQ interface appear to the connecting program
              EXACTLY like
              > the AGWPE TCPIP interface? Do all the functions like Ports request,
              bytes
              > outstanding request, Login etc work the same or is only a subset of
              the
              > AGWPE interface supported? (the RMS code currently relies heavily
              on some of
              > these extended commands ....e.g. The RMS menu port information for
              remote
              > AGWPE installations is obtained using the Port info request.
              >
              > 3) I would like to set up BPQ32 to work with a single KPC3 TNC
              working off a
              > single RS232 port and make that work with RMS. Can someone help me
              with the
              > configuration file and RMS settings that can make that work?
              >
              > Rick KN6KB

              Behalf
              > Of
              > Jerry - N9LYA
              > Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 5:59 PM
              > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups. <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> com
              > Cc: 'kn6kb'
              > Subject: RE: [BPQ32] Newbie with BPQ32
              >
              > Hi Rick. I have only been using BPQ for just under a year at best.
              I ran
              > an older version back in the late 90's..
              >
              > I do have RMS and BPQ32 running here at my place. No apparent
              problems
              > at all.. at this time..
              >
              > I will send you off list my bpqcfg.txt file..
              >
              > I may be able to allow u access via a remote client to my station
              so you
              > can look around.
              >
              > Just let me know if you would like to do so..
              >
              > 73 Jerry N9LYA
              >
              > ________________________________
              >
              > From: BPQ32@yahoogroups. <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> com
              > [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups. <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> com] On
              Behalf
              > Of
              > kn6kb
              > Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 4:13 PM
              > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups. <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> com
              > Subject: [BPQ32] Newbie with BPQ32
              >
              > I am one of the developers of Winlink 2000 and the RMS server
              programs
              > and Paclink MP Client program. I want to better understand how
              BPQ32 is
              > used so I can update the programs to better support BPQ32. Can
              someone
              > help with some basic answers?
              >
              > 1) Can BPQ be used to replace the AGWPE or PE Pro? If I understand
              the
              > documentation correctly the AGWtoBPQ module will alow interfacing
              > BPQ32 an make it appear a AGWPE. If that is correct are the other
              > support functions of AGWPE (e.g. Version request, Login, bytes
              > outstanding request etc) all work as they do in AGWPE?
              >
              > 2) Can someone familiar with RMS Packet give me a suggestion on how
              > setup BPQ32 and RMS Packet to use BPQ32. I'll try and make this
              easier
              > for the user and document it in the RMS help files.
              >
              > Thanks,
              >
              > Rick Muething KN6KB
              > Winlink Development Team

              > Checked by AVG.