Linbpq BBS port monitor - Wishlist

  • Peter - ZL2BAU
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 14, 2013
      Hi John, All,

      I may have asked this before but here goes again.

      One thing that would be very very usefull in Linbpq BBS and in fact the
      node as well would be a means in which to monitor the connection etc
      from the BBS.

      When the BBS is doing an outbound connect to another station, it is very
      hard to try and see what the BBS is doing, you have no real idea if it
      is going correctly or not ?

      Possible ?, not possible ?

      Regards ..... Peter
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 16, 2013
        Peter,

        I use tail -f on the Log_BBS file to monitor the BBS. I added the "Latest" symlink to make this easier to automate.

        You can monitor all the Node traffic using BPQTermTCP.

        John

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 16, 2013

          John, since LinBPQ 6.0.2.6, I can’t monitor for long periods of time like I used to, using BPQTermTCP … LinBPQ now also times out when I’m in Node mode, as well as when I’m in BBS mode …

          73, Dick ZS6RO