Re: [BPQ32] RMS Server applications

  • Jean Létourneau
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 12, 2013
      Is the RMS server run also on LinBPQ?

      Jean

      On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 4:38 PM, Jerry <n9lya@...> wrote:

      You just need the one… and one callsign… Any one connecting to u on any port connecting to n5mdt-10 with connect to your RMS Server.

      I run Pactor, 1 2 3 and  WInmor and Robust packet etc… for RMS and BBS connects.   For RMS they connect to my RMS Call or alias and for BBS They connect to my BBS call or alias.

      No need to run more than one application.

      Hope this helps… 73 jerry

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 13, 2013
        Yes, LinBPQ has the CMS access feature.

        John

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 15, 2013
          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "n5mdt" <mtaylor@...> wrote:

          > Thanks Jerry,
          >
          > I think I am getting there now. I have 2VHF ports, Pactor, and Winmor, and the AXIP of course, all seem to be ok..
          >
          > Now I need to decide on an HF frequency to park on. Any suggestions?
          >

          > Mark
          >

          > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <n9lya@> wrote:
          > >
          > > You just need the one. and one callsign. Any one connecting to u on any port
          > > connecting to n5mdt-10 with connect to your RMS Server.
          > >
          > > I run Pactor, 1 2 3 and WInmor and Robust packet etc. for RMS and BBS
          > > connects. For RMS they connect to my RMS Call or alias and for BBS They
          > > connect to my BBS call or alias.
          > >
          > > No need to run more than one application.
          > >
          > > Hope this helps. 73 jerry

          I think I have discovered my main problem with my VHF ports.

          I have two VHF ports. One was working just fine. The other seemed to answer then simply disconnect. I've spent three days troubleshooting this. Nothing I seemed to do would solve the problem. Finally, I determined that I could connect on one VHF port to a local bbs. Then attempting to connect on the other VHF port it always transmitted on the wrong radio! Both ports transmitted on one radio. Impossible, I thought.

          Then after a couple of days I realized that the CONROE digipeater is also on a BPQ installation and the NODE alias is also CONROE. Since I had the UNPROTO command on the port to digipeat through CONROE then all traffic attempted to use the port associated in the NODE list with the alias CONROE. Does that seem plausible?

          I have since removed my UNPROTO command on both VHF ports and all seem to be right again.

          So, I sort of need verification that I am thinking right before we go messing with the BPQ installation that uses the CONROE alias. Am I right?

          The BPQ installation at CONROE needs to be changed so that the NODE alias is CXO and the Digi alias on that VHF port is CONROE. Right?

          Thanks
          Mark, N5MDT
        • Jerry
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 15, 2013

            Depends on what ya want to do… I need to go out of town today.. Email me at jkutche at lehighcement.com I will get that on my phone send me your number…  Ill call ya back..

            73 jk

            > I think I am getting there now. I have 2VHF ports, Pactor, and Winmor, and the AXIP of course, all seem to be ok..
            >
            > Now I need to decide on an HF frequency to park on. Any suggestions?
            >

            > Mark
            >

            > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <n9lya@> wrote:
            > >
            > > You just need the one. and one callsign. Any one connecting to u on any port
            > > connecting to n5mdt-10 with connect to your RMS Server.
            > >
            > > I run Pactor, 1 2 3 and WInmor and Robust packet etc. for RMS and BBS
            > > connects. For RMS they connect to my RMS Call or alias and for BBS They
            > > connect to my BBS call or alias.
            > >
            > > No need to run more than one application.
            > >
            > > Hope this helps. 73 jerry

          • Jim
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 15, 2013
              Mark your alias cannot exceed 6 characters, it is a limitation of ax.25
              You can add a ssid, however

              Jim wu3v