Aliases

  • n5mdt
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 11 4:15 PM
      I had a nice list of aliases in my forwarding rules but having had to install on a new machine because of reliability issues I have lost all my alias definitions. Anyone care to copy and paste a good list of aliases and same the the trouble of remembering them all?

      My brain is just not up to the task any longer.

      On another note, now that I have it reinstalled it does not seem to have the traffic it once did. Maybe I have a config wrong. I'm still looking... My primary forwarding partner (only?) was off the air for a few days doing essentially the same as I so I think we may both me playing catch up.

      73,
      Mark
      N5MDT
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 11 4:26 PM

        Mark

        What aliases are you looking for? Nodes, BBS’S, and/or Chat?

        When you switched computers did you check the LAN address of the new computer against what

        You have entered in your Router/Firewall?

        Mike N9PMO

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 11 5:45 PM
          Mike,

          Thanks. On the forwarding configuration screen on the left hand side there
          is a list of global aliases. That is the list. It looks something like:

          ARES:USA
          Tech:WW
          Sysop:WW
          etc.

          The BBS is receiving traffic, just not much. After two days I think I have
          about 45 messages. Jerry, N9LYA is my primary forwarding partner. I'll
          give it another day or two and let his node settle down as well then give
          him a call about that.

          Mark

          > Mark
          >

          > What aliases are you looking for? Nodes, BBS'S, and/or Chat?
          >

          > When you switched computers did you check the LAN address of the new
          > computer against what
          >
          > You have entered in your Router/Firewall?
          >

          > Mike N9PMO
          > <http://www.n9pmo.com> www.n9pmo.com

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 12 10:37 AM