Re: New Version of LinBPQ is available.

  • nl2prc
    Message 1 of 33 , Jun 5, 2013
      Hi John

      As i aspected it won't work on mij system and i'm givin up

      Errors are:
      [root@localhost linbpq-6.0.1.48]# make
      gcc linether.o TNCEmulators.o CMSAuth.o APRSCode.o BPQtoAGW.o KAMPactor.o AEAPactor.o HALDriver.o MULTIPSK.o BBSHTMLConfig.o ChatHTMLConfig.o BBSUtilities.o bpqaxip.o BPQINP3.o BPQNRR.o cMain.o Cmd.o CommonCode.o compatbits.o config.o datadefs.o FBBRoutines.o HFCommon.o Housekeeping.o HTTPcode.o kiss.o L2Code.o L3Code.o L4Code.o lzhuf32.o MailCommands.o MailDataDefs.o MailNode.o MailRouting.o MailTCP.o MBLRoutines.o md5.o Moncode.o NNTPRoutines.o i2cdummy.o RigControl.o TelnetV6.o WINMOR.o TNCCode.o UZ7HODrv.o WPRoutines.o SCSTrackeMulti.o SCSPactor.o SCSTracker.o HanksRT.o UIRoutines.o -Xlinker -Map=output.map -lrt /usr/local/lib/libconfig.a -o linbpq
      gcc: /usr/local/lib/libconfig.a: No such file or directory
      make: *** [linbpq] Error 1
      [root@localhost linbpq-6.0.1.48]#

      As you can see i'm missing the lib config so i tied to install that on my RedHat 9 PC

      Here i also have no luck

      [root@localhost libconfig-1.4.9]# make
      make all-recursive
      make[1]: Entering directory `/home/danny/linbpq/lin/libconfig-1.4.9'
      Making all in lib
      make[2]: Entering directory `/home/danny/linbpq/lin/libconfig-1.4.9/lib'
      make all-am
      make[3]: Entering directory `/home/danny/linbpq/lin/libconfig-1.4.9/lib'
      /bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -DPARSER_PREFIX=\"libconfig_yy\" -D_REENTRANT -g -O2 -Wall -Wshadow -Wextra -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-unused-parameter -MT libconfig_la-libconfig.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libconfig_la-libconfig.Tpo -c -o libconfig_la-libconfig.lo `test -f 'libconfig.c' || echo './'`libconfig.c
      libtool: compile: gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -DPARSER_PREFIX=\"libconfig_yy\" -D_REENTRANT -g -O2 -Wall -Wshadow -Wextra -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-unused-parameter -MT libconfig_la-libconfig.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libconfig_la-libconfig.Tpo -c libconfig.c -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/libconfig_la-libconfig.o
      cc1: unrecognized option `-Wextra'
      cc1: unrecognized option `-Wdeclaration-after-statement'
      make[3]: *** [libconfig_la-libconfig.lo] Error 1
      make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/linbpq/lin/libconfig-1.4.9/lib'
      make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
      make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linbpq/lin/libconfig-1.4.9/lib'
      make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
      make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/linbpq/lin/libconfig-1.4.9'
      make: *** [all] Error 2
      [root@localhost libconfig-1.4.9]#

      As it is no option to update to a newer version of linux i wil stay with Xnet and ax25tools on my linux PC

      Thanks for the trouble of givin me the SRC files

      73, ascal

      > Ascal,
      >
      > There is a source tree at
      > https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/linbpq-6.0.1.48.tar.gz
      >
      > There isn't a configuration process - just unpack and make.
      >
      > You need libconfig - you can download source form
      > http://www.hyperrealm.com/libconfig/libconfig-1.4.9.tar.gz if there isn't a
      > package for your distrubution.
      >
      > Red Hat 9 is pretty old, so not sure whether it will be missing any other
      > libraries. You may need to tinker with the linker filags in the makefile.
      >
      > 73, John
      >

      > _____

    • Richard
      Message 33 of 33 , Jun 13, 2013

        John, I’m on LinBPQ 6.0.2.6 and notice the same disconnect from the BBS (I assume this version doesn’t have the BBS/Forwarding timeouts added ??) – possibly I’m too hasty …

        73, Dick ZS6RO

        John, I assume the BBS timeouts are retriggerable, so to speak – so long as one types in the BBS, the ‘window’ is extended .. I tend to stay logged in for long periods of time …

        It would be nice to have the User and Forwarding session separately configurable ..

        73, Dick ZS6RO