Re: [BPQ32] windows 8

  • T L Roberson
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2013

      what kind of chip I need
      Robby

      From: Dave <druliefw@...>
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Fri, May 31, 2013 8:37:37 PM
      Subject: Re: [BPQ32] windows 8

      If you are using a USB/RS232 adapter, at least with the brand I have, a new chip is required for Win 8. Check the manufacturers website for details. The 4 adapters I have are useless with my laptop.

      73
      Dave

      On 5/31/2013 6:40 PM, T L Roberson wrote:

      Maybe it is just me but it was a new install. I can't get windows 8 to recognized a usb adapter.

      Robby

      From: Dave <druliefw@...>
      Date: 05/30/2013 10:06 PM (GMT-06:00)
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

      Yes it does
      Dave
      WB2HVF

      On 5/30/2013 10:38 PM, w5seg@... wrote:

      will bpq32 work under windows 8.

    • N9ACQ
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 1, 2013

        Robby

                        I would first look for new driver for your existing USB/RS-232 adapter.

        73 Bill

        N9ACQ

      • Dave
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 2, 2013
          I have not purchased this product but this link will explain the issue.
          This is NOT an endorsement.

          http://www.usconverters.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=56&chapter=0

          73
          Dave