windows 8

  • w5seg@swbell.net
    Message 1 of 10 , May 30, 2013
      will bpq32 work under windows 8.
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 10 , May 30, 2013
        Yes it does
        Dave
        WB2HVF

        On 5/30/2013 10:38 PM, w5seg@... wrote:

        will bpq32 work under windows 8.

      • w5seg
        Message 3 of 10 , May 31, 2013
          I cannot get it in the right directory to run properly

          Sent from my Galaxy S®III

          Message 4 of 10 , May 31, 2013
            The installer worked ok on my Win 8 laptop.

            Where is it trying to put the programs and data?

            73, John

            Message 5 of 10 , May 31, 2013
              Are you doing a new install or moving an existing system from an earlier OS such as XP?
              Like John says, for me the installer worked just fine and put everything right where it should be.
              73
              Dave
              WB2HVF

              Message 6 of 10 , May 31, 2013
                Maybe it is just me but it was a new install. I can't get windows 8 to recognized a usb adapter.

                Robby

                Message 7 of 10 , May 31, 2013
                  If you are using a USB/RS232 adapter, at least with the brand I have, a new chip is required for Win 8. Check the manufacturers website for details. The 4 adapters I have are useless with my laptop.

                  73
                  Dave

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 1, 2013

                    what kind of chip I need
                    Robby

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 1, 2013

                      Robby

                                      I would first look for new driver for your existing USB/RS-232 adapter.

                      73 Bill

                      N9ACQ

                    • Dave
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 2, 2013
                        I have not purchased this product but this link will explain the issue.
                        This is NOT an endorsement.

                        http://www.usconverters.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=56&chapter=0

                        73
                        Dave
                        WB2HVF

                        .

                        This is
                        On 6/1/2013 6:41 PM, T L Roberson wrote:

                        what kind of chip I need
                        Robby