RE: [BPQ32] BPQ32

  • steve
    Message 1 of 27 , May 27, 2013

      Good afternoon Mike,

      In the device manager on my computer it shows as a usb Audio Device and that’s it…I do now have the AGW and BPQ tcp port both set at 8000 now.

                               Thanks, Steve W4WWS

      Message 2 of 27 , Dec 19, 2013

        John,

        I am guessing my emails are not making it to you… I have sent many over the last few weeks.

        Ipgateway, bpqtap bpqarp.dat etc.

        Will this be a problem if I ask others to setup with this IPGATEWAY pass thru for Net 44 connects. I will advise them to update to the latest test version. I have several Hams in Indiana that have requested net44 Subnets and want to do the same as I am with BPQ32.

        Many of them use BPQ others use other software. Ie jnos tnos snos fbb and uronode.

        Is BPQTAP statement in Bpq config Just that?? Or where do I enter needed info.. ???

        Also MSYS see below

        Also BPQARP, Can I add a permanent call and IP yet, not sure you have done this yet? I know you are busy.

        Everything else seems slick and works well.

        73 Jerry N9LYA

        Happy Holidays.

        Join Dropbox today https://db.tt/72qWEIC2

        N9LYA/K9BBS  http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080  K9BBS IP 44.48.0.42

        Linbpq 6.0.4.55 Debian Linux 7.0.0 Dell_Server_2600_4GBRAM_73GBHD_Dual_Dual_Core_CPU_1.8Ghz

        W9HU http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8081

        PilinBPQ 6.0.4.28

        Raspbian-wheezy-7_Rpi_B_700MHz_256MBram_128GB-SD-class10

        N9LYA-5  IP 44.48.0.46 Jnos 2.0j

        N9LYA-9 IP 44.48.0.41 Uronode 2.1

        Debian Linux 6.0.7

        HP 3.4Ghz  2GB Ram 2TB Hard drive

        W9BBS-3 IP 44.48.0.45 MSYS 1.20Beta4

        Dell XPSp3 40GB HD 4GB Ram

        http://www.mitchellwx.com  wview 5.20.2

        http://www.n9lya.com

        http://www.hfskipnet.net

        http://www/indianapacketcouncil.com

        http://aprs.fi/#!mt=roadmap&z=11&call=a%2FN9LYA-5&timerange=3600&tail=3600

        http://aprs.fi/#!mt=roadmap&z=11&call=a%2FN9LYA-3&timerange=3600&tail=3600

        My net44 subnet

        44.48.0.41     uronode.n9lya.ampr.org uronode.n9lya

        44.48.0.42     k9bbs.ampr.org k9bbs

        44.48.0.43     k9uy.ampr.org k9uy

        44.48.0.44     w9otr.ampr.org w9otr

        44.48.0.45     w9bbs.ampr.org w9bbs

        44.48.0.46     n9lya.ampr.org n9lya n9lya-3

        73 Jerry N9LYA

        HF Skipnet Coordinator

        HF Skipnet Midwest HUB

        ARRL Net Manager - Packet Indiana

        AmprNet IP Coordinator Indiana

        Indiana Packet Coordinator

        Sysop N9LYA/K9BBS/W9BBS/W9OTR

        W9OTR Hoosier Amateur Radio Digital Society

        W9HU Hoosier Radio Society

        Message 3 of 27 , Dec 19, 2013
          HI Jerry,

          I think they are getting through. Just lots on at the moment!

          I'm not 100% happy with IPGATEWAY, but having a few more statons testing it would be useful.

          The statement in the IPGATEWAY section is

          USEBPQTAP

          No, I'm sorry I keep forgetting about fixing locked ARP enties. It used to work, but somehow I've messed it up. I'll try to remember this time! I need to have yet another go at getting some addresses allocated in the UK 44. net for testing.

          73, John

[...]

          44.48.0.42& nbsp;    k9bbs.ampr.org k9bbs

          44.48.0.43     k9uy.ampr.org k9uy

          44.48.0.44     w9otr.ampr.org w9otr

          44.48.0.45     w9bbs.ampr.org w9bbs

          44.48.0.46     n9lya.ampr.org n9lya n9lya-3

          73 Jerry N9LYA

          HF Skipnet Coordinator

          HF Skipnet Midwest HUB

          ARRL Net Manager - Pac ket Indiana

          AmprNet IP Coordinator Indiana

          Indiana Packet Coordinator

          Sysop N9LYA/K9BBS/W9BBS/W9OTR

          W9OTR Hoosier Amateur Radio Digital Society

          W9HU Hoosier Radio Society

        • Peter - ZL2BAU
          Message 4 of 27 , Dec 19, 2013
            On 20/12/13 11:29, John Wiseman wrote:

            HI Jerry,

            I think they are getting through. Just lots on at the moment!

            I'm not 100% happy with IPGATEWAY, but having a few more statons testing it would be useful.

            The statement in the IPGATEWAY section is

            USEBPQTAP

            No, I'm sorry I keep forgetting about fixing locked ARP enties. It used to work, but somehow I've messed it up. I'll try to remember this time! I need to have yet another go at getting some addresses allocated in the UK 44. net for testing.

            73, John

            _,_._,___

            Hi John,

                        I have been playing with the IPGateway and get this error.

            IPGating to Ethernet is not supported in this build
            Successfully connected to interface bpqtap

            IP Support Enabled

            My config is
            IPGATEWAY
                   USEBPQTAP
                   ADAPTER eth0
                   IPADDR 44.147.210.29
                   IPBROADCAST 192.168.1.255
                   IPGATEWAY 192.168.1.1
                   IPPORTS 1,2
            ****

            What am I missing ?

            Regards ..... Peter

          • Jerry
            Message 5 of 27 , Dec 20, 2013

              Hi John…

              I understand busy..

              My ISP has been labeled a Spam / unauthorized site at work thought that may have been the issue.. J

              Ok on USEBPQTAP

              No rush just when you can..   I can wait.. J

              73 jerry

              Message 6 of 27 , Dec 20, 2013
                Peter,

                Originally LinBPQ used pcap (the same as the Windows version), but I found the Kernel dies't see trasmitted packets, so I switch to using a TAP device. So LinBPQ  no longert supports the ADAPTER statement.

                I don't think the TAP setup is documented anywhere.. I have

                ip tuntap add bpqtap mode tap
                ifconfig bpqtap 44.131.4.18 mtu 256 up

                You can if needed create a BPQETHER device over the TAP. This allows LinBPQ ax.25 to talk to the Linux ax.25 stack

                modprobe bpqether

                ifconfig bpq2 hw ax25 g8bpq-1 up

                The inteface name may not be bpq2 - it depends on what other ethernet interfaces you have.

                Please be aware that IPDATEWAY isn't a router - it is a mac level bridge between IP over ax.25 and IP over Ethernet.

                73, John

                Message 7 of 27 , Dec 20, 2013
                  On 20/12/13 23:20, John Wiseman wrote:

                  Peter,

                  Originally LinBPQ used pcap (the same as the Windows version), but I found the Kernel dies't see trasmitted packets, so I switch to using a TAP device. So LinBPQ  no longert supports the ADAPTER statement.

                  I don't think the TAP setup is documented anywhere.. I have

                  ip tuntap add bpqtap mode tap
                  ifconfig bpqtap 44.131.4.18 mtu 256 up

                  You can if needed create a BPQETHER device over the TAP. This allows LinBPQ ax.25 to talk to the Linux ax.25 stack

                  modprobe bpqether

                  ifconfig bpq2 hw ax25 g8bpq-1 up

                  The inteface name may not be bpq2 - it depends on what other ethernet interfaces you have.

                  Please be aware that IPDATEWAY isn't a router - it is a mac level bridge between IP over ax.25 and IP over Ethernet.

                  73, John

                  Hi John,

                             Thank you for the explanation, I think I may have to look at other options.

                  Regards ..... Peter

                  Message 8 of 27 , Dec 20, 2013
                    Ok, Peter.

                    What is it you want to do?

                    Message 9 of 27 , Dec 20, 2013
                      On 21/12/13 00:32, John Wiseman wrote:

                      Ok, Peter.

                      What is it you want to do?

                      ___

                      Hi John,

                                 To use Amprnet Net44 using either encap.txt or rip44d, encap.txt would maybe the easier ?

                      I guess as BPQ32 is not a router as such, it would be quite a big job to include that function.

                      I think I will have to tear the rest of my hair out and go down the RIP path in Linux.

                      Regards ..... Peter

                      Message 10 of 27 , Dec 20, 2013
                        Peter,

                        That is something I'd like to get working, but it will need a fair amont of work, and I'm struggling even to get a 44 net allocation in the UK. I need to try again - I just gave up after waiting a long time and a couple of emails to the coordinator.

                        Message 11 of 27 , Dec 20, 2013
                          John,

                          If you want to setup a new amprnet gateway go to portal.ampr.org
                          and register.
                          portal.ampr.org is reachable from Internet.

                          They want that everybody is registered with that portal and request a subnet in that way nowadays.

                          Chris the coordinator for the UK is also at that list, he maintains that portal.
                          The portal will speed up things hopefully.

                          You can request your subnet in that way but can't register amprnet host names in the dns yet
                          with the portal.

                          I can do that if you have your subnet and nobody is available there to that.

                          73,

                          Bob VE3TOK

                        Message 12 of 27 , Dec 20, 2013
                          Thanks, Bob.

                          I tried that on 11th September and it is still showing waiting for coordinator.

                          I've made another request for my other callsign, so hopefuly this will be a bit quicker.

                          73, John

                          Message 13 of 27 , Dec 20, 2013
                            I've just got an email saying the original request has been actioned.

                            Now I need to understand rip44d!

                            73, John

                            Message 14 of 27 , Dec 20, 2013
                              See you soon with amprnet.

                              73,  Bob

                              Message 15 of 27 , Dec 22, 2013
                                I'm using the lastest linbpq 6.0.4.58 but I still can't download
                                my personal messages using pop with fetchmail.
                                This is the log of bpq

                                131222 19:24:01 >          +OK Authenticated
                                131222 19:24:01 <          STAT
                                131222 19:24:01 >          +OK 3 3625
                                131222 19:24:01 <          LAST
                                131222 19:24:01 >          -ERR Unrecognised Command
                                131222 19:24:01 <          UIDL
                                131222 19:24:01 >          +OK
                                131222 19:24:01 >          1 22769_IQ2LB
                                131222 19:24:01 >          2 57835-YT7MPB
                                131222 19:24:01 >          3 0G4WK4LFPRX4
                                131222 19:24:01 >          .
                                131222 19:24:02 <          LIST 1
                                131222 19:24:02 >          +OK
                                131222 19:24:02 >          1 1164
                                131222 19:24:02 >          2 902
                                131222 19:24:02 >          3 1559
                                131222 19:24:02 >          .
                                131222 19:24:02 <          TOP 1 99999999
                                131222 19:24:02 >          -ERR Unrecognised Command
                                131222 19:24:02 <          QUIT
                                131222 19:24:02 >          +OK Finished

                                73,

                                Bob VE3TOK

                                Message 16 of 27 , Dec 22, 2013
                                  Bob,

                                  TOP is an optional command. It should be possible to configure fetchmal not to use it.

                                  73, John

                                  I'm using the lastest linbpq 6.0.4.58 but I still can't download
                                  my personal messages using pop with fetchmail.
                                  This is the log of bpq

                                  131222 19:24:01

                                  >          +OK
                                  Authenticated
                                  131222 19:24:01 <          STAT
                                  131222 19:24:01 >          +OK 3 3625
                                  131222 19:24:01 <          LAST
                                  131222 19:24:01 >          -ERR Unrecognised Command
                                  131222 19:24:01 <          UIDL
                                  131222 19:24:01 >          +OK
                                  131222 19:24:01 >          1 22769_IQ2LB
                                  131222 19:24:01
                                  >          2
                                  57835-YT7MPB
                                  131222 19:24:01
                                  >          3
                                  0G4WK4LFPRX4
                                  131222 19:24:01
                                  >          .
                                  131222 19:24:02 <          LIST 1
                                  131222 19:24:02 >          +OK
                                  131222 19:24:02 >          1 1164
                                  131222 19:24:02
                                  >          2 902
                                  131222 19:24:02 >          3 1559
                                  131222 19:24:02
                                  >          .
                                  131222 19:24:02 <          TOP 1 99999999
                                  131222 19:24:02
                                  >          -ERR Unrecognised
                                  Command
                                  131222 19:24:02 <          QUIT
                                  131222 19:24:02 >          +OK Finished

                                  73,

                                  Bob VE3TOK

                                • Bob Tenty
                                  Message 17 of 27 , Dec 22, 2013
                                    John,

                                    I realize and just did by switching over to the RETR command as written
                                    in the fetchmail docs. (fetchall)
                                    No luck, protocol error.

                                    fetchmail log:

                                    Dec 22 21:32:03 linux fetchmail[25792]: 4 messages for VE3TOK at tenty.ca (3635 octets).
                                    Dec 22 21:32:03 linux fetchmail[25792]: client/server protocol error while fetching from VE3TOK@...
                                    Dec 22 21:32:03 linux fetchmail[25792]: Query status=4 (PROTOCOL)

                                    bpq log

                                    131222 21:32:02 >          +OK POP3 server ready
                                    131222 21:32:02 <          CAPA
                                    131222 21:32:02 >          +OK Capability list follows
                                    131222 21:32:02 >          UIDL
                                    131222 21:32:02 >          EXPIRE 30
                                    131222 21:32:02 >          .
                                    131222 21:32:03 <          USER VE3TOK
                                    131222 21:32:03 >          +OK please send PASS command
                                    131222 21:32:03 <          PASS **************
                                    131222 21:32:03 >          +OK Authenticated
                                    131222 21:32:03 <          STAT
                                    131222 21:32:03 >          +OK 4 3635
                                    131222 21:32:03 <          LIST 1
                                    131222 21:32:03 >          +OK
                                    131222 21:32:03 >          1 1164
                                    131222 21:32:03 >          2 902
                                    131222 21:32:03 >          3 1559
                                    131222 21:32:03 >          4 10
                                    131222 21:32:03 >          .
                                    131222 21:32:03 <          RETR 1
                                    131222 21:32:03 >          +OK
                                    131222 21:32:03 >          Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 13:14:00 GMT
                                    131222 21:32:03 >          To: SYSOP
                                    131222 21:32:03 >          Message-ID: 22769_IQ2LB
                                    131222 21:32:03 >          From: IW2OHX@...
                                    131222 21:32:03 >          Subject: Forwarding partners
                                    131222 21:32:03 >
                                    131222 21:32:03 >          R:131129/0630Z @:VE3TOK.#SCON.ON.CAN.NOAM #:54376 [Hamilton] $:22769_IQ2LB
                                    R:131129/0528Z 24529@VE3UIL.#EON.ON.CAN.NOAM [Smiths Falls] FBB7.00i
                                    R:131129/0628Z @:JE7YGF.03.JNET7.JPN.AS #:6117 [Ichinoseki] FBB7.05f
                                    R:131129/0626Z @:7M3TJZ.13.JNET1.JPN.AS #:18878 [Sayama] $:22769_IQ2LB
                                    R:131129/0625Z @:HG8LXL.HUN.EU #:3283 [Csongrad] XFBB7.05f $:22769_IQ2LB
                                    R:131129/0624Z @:CX2SA.SAL.URY.SA #:1017 [Salto] FBB7.00e $:22769_IQ2LB
                                    R:131129/0812Z @:IK1NHL.ILIG.ITA.EU #:8044 [Ventimiglia JN33UU NHLNETWORK]
                                    R:131129/0602Z @:IQ5KG.ITOS.ITA.EU #:11417 [Altopascio] $:22769_IQ2LB
                                    R:131129/0602z @:IZ3LSV.IVEN.ITA.EU $:22769_IQ2LB
                                    R:131129/0536Z @:IK6IHL.IABR.ITA.EU #:22671 [Sulmona] #:546959 $:22769_IQ2LB
                                    R:131128/1314Z @:IQ2LB.ILOM.ITA.EU #:22769 [Limbiate(MB)] #:219377

                                    From: IW2OHX@...
                                    To  : SYSOP@ITA

                                    Ciao a tutti,

                                    cerco partners per fare forwarding di bollettini e personali
                                    via Telnet o rete Flexnet.

                                    BBS: IQ2LB
                                    Telnet address: iq2lb.arilimbiate.it
                                    Porta: 6300

                                    Flexnet: C IQ2LB-8 IQ2LB

                                    Per favore contattatemi sui seguenti indirizzi.

                                    Email iw2ohx@...
                                    PR-Mail IW2OHX@...

                                    grazie,
                                    Marco

                                    131222 21:32:03 >
                                    131222 21:32:03 >          .
                                    131222 21:32:03 <          QUIT
                                    131222 21:32:03 >          +OK Finished

                                    73,

                                    Bob

                                    Message 18 of 27 , Dec 23, 2013

                                      Bob,

                                      I can’t see anything obvious wrong with the message exchange. I’ll set up fetchmail here and see if I can work out what is going wrong.

                                      73, John

                                      From: IW2OHX@...
                                      To  : SYSOP@ITA

                                      See http://fetchmail.berlios.de/fetchmail-man.html#17

                                      Message 19 of 27 , Dec 23, 2013

                                        Bob,

                                        There was an error in my handling of the LIST command.

                                        Try this https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/linbpq

                                        73, John

                                        Message 20 of 27 , Dec 23, 2013
                                          Hi John,

                                          This works better but I receive only the odd messages, so only message 1 and
                                          3 of the four messages.

                                          Maybe this has to with the '#' in the From: addresses of message 2 and 4 what is
                                          normally not allowed in Internet email addresses.
                                          I have to read the docs to see or I can override a bad sender address syntax.

                                          Bob

                                          syslog

                                          16671:Dec 23 15:08:05 linux fetchmail[5958]: 4 messages for VE3TOK at tenty.ca (3635 octets).
                                          16881:Dec 23 15:08:06 linux fetchmail[5958]: reading message VE3TOK@...:1 of 4 (1164 octets) flushed
                                          16897:Dec 23 15:08:06 linux fetchmail[5958]: reading message VE3TOK@...:2 of 4 (902 octets) (log message incomplete)
                                          16898:Dec 23 15:08:06 linux fetchmail[5958]: SMTP error: 501 5.1.7 Bad sender address syntax
                                          16903:Dec 23 15:08:06 linux fetchmail[5958]:  not flushed
                                          16907:Dec 23 15:08:07 linux fetchmail[5958]: reading message VE3TOK@...:3 of 4 (1559 octets) flushed
                                          16911:Dec 23 15:08:07 linux fetchmail[5958]: reading message VE3TOK@...:4 of 4 (10 octets) (log message incomplete)
                                          16912:Dec 23 15:08:07 linux fetchmail[5958]: SMTP error: 501 5.1.7 Bad sender address syntax
                                          16917:Dec 23 15:08:07 linux fetchmail[5958]:  not flushed

                                          bpq log

                                          131223 15:08:05 >          +OK POP3 server ready
                                          131223 15:08:05 <          CAPA
                                          131223 15:08:05 >          +OK Capability list follows
                                          131223 15:08:05 >          UIDL
                                          131223 15:08:05 >          EXPIRE 30
                                          131223 15:08:05 >          .
                                          131223 15:08:05 <          USER VE3TOK
                                          131223 15:08:05 >          +OK please send PASS command
                                          131223 15:08:05 <          PASS **********************
                                          131223 15:08:05 >          +OK Authenticated
                                          131223 15:08:05 <          STAT
                                          131223 15:08:05 >          +OK 4 3635
                                          131223 15:08:05 <          LIST 1
                                          131223 15:08:05 >          +OK 1 1164
                                          131223 15:08:05 <          RETR 1
                                          131223 15:08:05 >          +OK
                                          131223 15:08:05 >          Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 13:14:00 GMT
                                          131223 15:08:05 >          To: SYSOP
                                          131223 15:08:05 >          Message-ID: 22769_IQ2LB
                                          131223 15:08:05 >          From: IW2OHX@...
                                          131223 15:08:05 >          Subject: Forwarding partners

                                          cut
                                          PR-Mail IW2OHX@...

                                          grazie,
                                          Marco
                                          131223 15:08:05 >          .
                                          131223 15:08:06 <          DELE 1
                                          131223 15:08:06 >          +OK
                                          131223 15:08:06 <          LIST 2
                                          131223 15:08:06 >          +OK 2 902
                                          131223 15:08:06 <          RETR 2
                                          131223 15:08:06 >          +OK
                                          131223 15:08:06 >          Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2013 19:13:00 GMT
                                          131223 15:08:06 >          To: SYSOP
                                          131223 15:08:06 >          Message-ID: 57835-YT7MPB
                                          131223 15:08:06 >          From: YT7MPB@YT7MPB.#NS.SRB.EU
                                          131223 15:08:06 >          Subject: R-line in BPQ Mail 1.4.57.1
                                          131223 15:08:06 >
                                          131223 15:08:06 >          R:131202/2215Z @:VE3TOK.#SCON.ON.CAN.NOAM #:54555 [Hamilton] $:57835-YT7MPB

                                          cut
                                          Is there a reason for that format, and  is it possible to fix it in order  to
                                          be the same as in FBB format?

                                          Regards,

                                          Misko

                                          131223 15:08:06 >
                                          131223 15:08:06 >          .
                                          131223 15:08:06 <          LIST 3
                                          131223 15:08:06 >          +OK 3 1559
                                          131223 15:08:07 <          RETR 3
                                          131223 15:08:07 >          +OK
                                          131223 15:08:07 >          Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 16:31:07 GMT
                                          131223 15:08:07 >          To: VE3TOK
                                          131223 15:08:07 >          Message-ID: 0G4WK4LFPRX4
                                          131223 15:08:07 >          From: PA3GJX
                                          131223 15:08:07 >          Subject: //WL2K From the Yacht by Pactor
                                          131223 15:08:07 >
                                          131223 15:08:07 >          MID: 0G4WK4LFPRX4
                                          Date: 2013/12/22 15:27
                                          From: PA3GJX@...
                                          To: VE3TOK
                                          Subject: //WL2K From the Yacht by Pactor
                                          Mbo: PA3GJX
                                          Body: 1409

                                          Hallo Bob,

                                          cut

                                          Groeten vanaf een wind en regenachtig Nederland.

                                          JAn  PA3GJX.

                                          131223 15:08:07 >
                                          131223 15:08:07 >          .
                                          131223 15:08:07 <          DELE 3
                                          131223 15:08:07 >          +OK
                                          131223 15:08:07 <          LIST 4
                                          131223 15:08:07 >          +OK 4 10
                                          131223 15:08:07 <          RETR 4
                                          131223 15:08:07 >          +OK
                                          131223 15:08:07 >          Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 21:26:19 GMT
                                          131223 15:08:07 >          To: VE3TOK
                                          131223 15:08:07 >          Message-ID: 1661_VA3TOK
                                          131223 15:08:07 >          From: VE3MCH@VE3MCH.#SCON.ON.CAN.NOAM
                                          131223 15:08:07 >          Subject: test pop
                                          131223 15:08:07 >
                                          131223 15:08:07 >          test pop

                                          131223 15:08:07 >
                                          131223 15:08:07 >          .