BPQ32

  • w4wws
    Message 1 of 27 , May 25, 2013
      Good afternoon everyone, I am having issues trying to get the BPQ32 to work out on VHF...I have the AGW packet engine installed and I am using the Signalink usb interface but I still cannot get on the air...The overall config is somewhat cumbersome to get running, if anyone has any ideas please send them my way....

      Thanks, Steve W4WWS
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 27 , May 27, 2013
        Steve

        The first thing to look at is for bpq32.cfg/and or AGWPE TCP/IP errors
        With BPQ32 running, click on the yellow BPQ Icon lower right of tool tray
        Select BPQ32 Console, this will open the BPQ MDI window, maximize the window
        BPQ32.dll Console Version window, look for any Errors.

        Note: AGWPE Must be started before any BPQ32 programs or BPQ32.EXE

        BY default bpq32.cfg AGWPE port the IOADDR=1F41 TCP/IP 8001, AGWPE by
        default
        Is TCP/IP 8000, they must be the same.

        Next would be to look at your computer device manager, ports, see if you're
        Signalink
        Is showing as a Com port and the Com port number.

        Let's take it from here, let me know.

        73

        Mike N9PMO

        Message 3 of 27 , May 27, 2013

          Good afternoon Mike,

          In the device manager on my computer it shows as a usb Audio Device and that’s it…I do now have the AGW and BPQ tcp port both set at 8000 now.

                                   Thanks, Steve W4WWS

          Message 4 of 27 , Dec 19, 2013

            John,

            I am guessing my emails are not making it to you… I have sent many over the last few weeks.

            Ipgateway, bpqtap bpqarp.dat etc.

            Will this be a problem if I ask others to setup with this IPGATEWAY pass thru for Net 44 connects. I will advise them to update to the latest test version. I have several Hams in Indiana that have requested net44 Subnets and want to do the same as I am with BPQ32.

            Many of them use BPQ others use other software. Ie jnos tnos snos fbb and uronode.

            Is BPQTAP statement in Bpq config Just that?? Or where do I enter needed info.. ???

            Also MSYS see below

            Also BPQARP, Can I add a permanent call and IP yet, not sure you have done this yet? I know you are busy.

            Everything else seems slick and works well.

            73 Jerry N9LYA

            Happy Holidays.

            Join Dropbox today https://db.tt/72qWEIC2

            N9LYA/K9BBS  http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080  K9BBS IP 44.48.0.42

            Linbpq 6.0.4.55 Debian Linux 7.0.0 Dell_Server_2600_4GBRAM_73GBHD_Dual_Dual_Core_CPU_1.8Ghz

            W9HU http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8081

            PilinBPQ 6.0.4.28

            Raspbian-wheezy-7_Rpi_B_700MHz_256MBram_128GB-SD-class10

            N9LYA-5  IP 44.48.0.46 Jnos 2.0j

            N9LYA-9 IP 44.48.0.41 Uronode 2.1

            Debian Linux 6.0.7

            HP 3.4Ghz  2GB Ram 2TB Hard drive

            W9BBS-3 IP 44.48.0.45 MSYS 1.20Beta4

            Dell XPSp3 40GB HD 4GB Ram

            http://www.mitchellwx.com  wview 5.20.2

            http://www.n9lya.com

            http://www.hfskipnet.net

            http://www/indianapacketcouncil.com

            http://aprs.fi/#!mt=roadmap&z=11&call=a%2FN9LYA-5&timerange=3600&tail=3600

            http://aprs.fi/#!mt=roadmap&z=11&call=a%2FN9LYA-3&timerange=3600&tail=3600

            My net44 subnet

            44.48.0.41     uronode.n9lya.ampr.org uronode.n9lya

            44.48.0.42     k9bbs.ampr.org k9bbs

            44.48.0.43     k9uy.ampr.org k9uy

            44.48.0.44     w9otr.ampr.org w9otr

            44.48.0.45     w9bbs.ampr.org w9bbs

            44.48.0.46     n9lya.ampr.org n9lya n9lya-3

            73 Jerry N9LYA

            HF Skipnet Coordinator

            HF Skipnet Midwest HUB

            ARRL Net Manager - Packet Indiana

            AmprNet IP Coordinator Indiana

            Indiana Packet Coordinator

            Sysop N9LYA/K9BBS/W9BBS/W9OTR

            W9OTR Hoosier Amateur Radio Digital Society

            W9HU Hoosier Radio Society

            Message 5 of 27 , Dec 19, 2013
              HI Jerry,

              I think they are getting through. Just lots on at the moment!

              I'm not 100% happy with IPGATEWAY, but having a few more statons testing it would be useful.

              The statement in the IPGATEWAY section is

              USEBPQTAP

              No, I'm sorry I keep forgetting about fixing locked ARP enties. It used to work, but somehow I've messed it up. I'll try to remember this time! I need to have yet another go at getting some addresses allocated in the UK 44. net for testing.

              73, John

[...]

              44.48.0.42& nbsp;    k9bbs.ampr.org k9bbs

              44.48.0.43     k9uy.ampr.org k9uy

              44.48.0.44     w9otr.ampr.org w9otr

              44.48.0.45     w9bbs.ampr.org w9bbs

              44.48.0.46     n9lya.ampr.org n9lya n9lya-3

              73 Jerry N9LYA

              HF Skipnet Coordinator

              HF Skipnet Midwest HUB

              ARRL Net Manager - Pac ket Indiana

              AmprNet IP Coordinator Indiana

              Indiana Packet Coordinator

              Sysop N9LYA/K9BBS/W9BBS/W9OTR

              W9OTR Hoosier Amateur Radio Digital Society

              W9HU Hoosier Radio Society

            • Peter - ZL2BAU
              Message 6 of 27 , Dec 19, 2013
                On 20/12/13 11:29, John Wiseman wrote:

                HI Jerry,

                I think they are getting through. Just lots on at the moment!

                I'm not 100% happy with IPGATEWAY, but having a few more statons testing it would be useful.

                The statement in the IPGATEWAY section is

                USEBPQTAP

                No, I'm sorry I keep forgetting about fixing locked ARP enties. It used to work, but somehow I've messed it up. I'll try to remember this time! I need to have yet another go at getting some addresses allocated in the UK 44. net for testing.

                73, John

                _,_._,___

                Hi John,

                            I have been playing with the IPGateway and get this error.

                IPGating to Ethernet is not supported in this build
                Successfully connected to interface bpqtap

                IP Support Enabled

                My config is
                IPGATEWAY
                       USEBPQTAP
                       ADAPTER eth0
                       IPADDR 44.147.210.29
                       IPBROADCAST 192.168.1.255
                       IPGATEWAY 192.168.1.1
                       IPPORTS 1,2
                ****

                What am I missing ?

                Regards ..... Peter

              • Jerry
                Message 7 of 27 , Dec 20, 2013

                  Hi John…

                  I understand busy..

                  My ISP has been labeled a Spam / unauthorized site at work thought that may have been the issue.. J

                  Ok on USEBPQTAP

                  No rush just when you can..   I can wait.. J

                  73 jerry

                  Message 8 of 27 , Dec 20, 2013
                    Peter,

                    Originally LinBPQ used pcap (the same as the Windows version), but I found the Kernel dies't see trasmitted packets, so I switch to using a TAP device. So LinBPQ  no longert supports the ADAPTER statement.

                    I don't think the TAP setup is documented anywhere.. I have

                    ip tuntap add bpqtap mode tap
                    ifconfig bpqtap 44.131.4.18 mtu 256 up

                    You can if needed create a BPQETHER device over the TAP. This allows LinBPQ ax.25 to talk to the Linux ax.25 stack

                    modprobe bpqether

                    ifconfig bpq2 hw ax25 g8bpq-1 up

                    The inteface name may not be bpq2 - it depends on what other ethernet interfaces you have.

                    Please be aware that IPDATEWAY isn't a router - it is a mac level bridge between IP over ax.25 and IP over Ethernet.

                    73, John

                    Message 9 of 27 , Dec 20, 2013
                      On 20/12/13 23:20, John Wiseman wrote:

                      Peter,

                      Originally LinBPQ used pcap (the same as the Windows version), but I found the Kernel dies't see trasmitted packets, so I switch to using a TAP device. So LinBPQ  no longert supports the ADAPTER statement.

                      I don't think the TAP setup is documented anywhere.. I have

                      ip tuntap add bpqtap mode tap
                      ifconfig bpqtap 44.131.4.18 mtu 256 up

                      You can if needed create a BPQETHER device over the TAP. This allows LinBPQ ax.25 to talk to the Linux ax.25 stack

                      modprobe bpqether

                      ifconfig bpq2 hw ax25 g8bpq-1 up

                      The inteface name may not be bpq2 - it depends on what other ethernet interfaces you have.

                      Please be aware that IPDATEWAY isn't a router - it is a mac level bridge between IP over ax.25 and IP over Ethernet.

                      73, John

                      Hi John,

                                 Thank you for the explanation, I think I may have to look at other options.

                      Regards ..... Peter

                      Message 10 of 27 , Dec 20, 2013
                        Ok, Peter.

                        What is it you want to do?

                        Message 11 of 27 , Dec 20, 2013
                          On 21/12/13 00:32, John Wiseman wrote:

                          Ok, Peter.

                          What is it you want to do?

                          ___

                          Hi John,

                                     To use Amprnet Net44 using either encap.txt or rip44d, encap.txt would maybe the easier ?

                          I guess as BPQ32 is not a router as such, it would be quite a big job to include that function.

                          I think I will have to tear the rest of my hair out and go down the RIP path in Linux.

                          Regards ..... Peter

                          Message 12 of 27 , Dec 20, 2013
                            Peter,

                            That is something I'd like to get working, but it will need a fair amont of work, and I'm struggling even to get a 44 net allocation in the UK. I need to try again - I just gave up after waiting a long time and a couple of emails to the coordinator.

                            Message 13 of 27 , Dec 20, 2013
                              John,

                              If you want to setup a new amprnet gateway go to portal.ampr.org
                              and register.
                              portal.ampr.org is reachable from Internet.

                              They want that everybody is registered with that portal and request a subnet in that way nowadays.

                              Chris the coordinator for the UK is also at that list, he maintains that portal.
                              The portal will speed up things hopefully.

                              You can request your subnet in that way but can't register amprnet host names in the dns yet
                              with the portal.

                              I can do that if you have your subnet and nobody is available there to that.

                              73,

                              Bob VE3TOK

                            Message 14 of 27 , Dec 20, 2013
                              Thanks, Bob.

                              I tried that on 11th September and it is still showing waiting for coordinator.

                              I've made another request for my other callsign, so hopefuly this will be a bit quicker.

                              73, John

                              Message 15 of 27 , Dec 20, 2013
                                I've just got an email saying the original request has been actioned.

                                Now I need to understand rip44d!

                                73, John

                                Message 16 of 27 , Dec 20, 2013
                                  See you soon with amprnet.

                                  73,  Bob

                                  Message 17 of 27 , Dec 22, 2013
                                    I'm using the lastest linbpq 6.0.4.58 but I still can't download
                                    my personal messages using pop with fetchmail.
                                    This is the log of bpq

                                    131222 19:24:01 >          +OK Authenticated
                                    131222 19:24:01 <          STAT
                                    131222 19:24:01 >          +OK 3 3625
                                    131222 19:24:01 <          LAST
                                    131222 19:24:01 >          -ERR Unrecognised Command
                                    131222 19:24:01 <          UIDL
                                    131222 19:24:01 >          +OK
                                    131222 19:24:01 >          1 22769_IQ2LB
                                    131222 19:24:01 >          2 57835-YT7MPB
                                    131222 19:24:01 >          3 0G4WK4LFPRX4
                                    131222 19:24:01 >          .
                                    131222 19:24:02 <          LIST 1
                                    131222 19:24:02 >          +OK
                                    131222 19:24:02 >          1 1164
                                    131222 19:24:02 >          2 902
                                    131222 19:24:02 >          3 1559
                                    131222 19:24:02 >          .
                                    131222 19:24:02 <          TOP 1 99999999
                                    131222 19:24:02 >          -ERR Unrecognised Command
                                    131222 19:24:02 <          QUIT
                                    131222 19:24:02 >          +OK Finished

                                    73,

                                    Bob VE3TOK

                                    Message 18 of 27 , Dec 22, 2013
                                      Bob,

                                      TOP is an optional command. It should be possible to configure fetchmal not to use it.

                                      73, John

                                      I'm using the lastest linbpq 6.0.4.58 but I still can't download
                                      my personal messages using pop with fetchmail.
                                      This is the log of bpq

                                      131222 19:24:01

                                      >          +OK
                                      Authenticated
                                      131222 19:24:01 <          STAT
                                      131222 19:24:01 >          +OK 3 3625
                                      131222 19:24:01 <          LAST
                                      131222 19:24:01 >          -ERR Unrecognised Command
                                      131222 19:24:01 <          UIDL
                                      131222 19:24:01 >          +OK
                                      131222 19:24:01 >          1 22769_IQ2LB
                                      131222 19:24:01
                                      >          2
                                      57835-YT7MPB
                                      131222 19:24:01
                                      >          3
                                      0G4WK4LFPRX4
                                      131222 19:24:01
                                      >          .
                                      131222 19:24:02 <          LIST 1
                                      131222 19:24:02 >          +OK
                                      131222 19:24:02 >          1 1164
                                      131222 19:24:02
                                      >          2 902
                                      131222 19:24:02 >          3 1559
                                      131222 19:24:02
                                      >          .
                                      131222 19:24:02 <          TOP 1 99999999
                                      131222 19:24:02
                                      >          -ERR Unrecognised
                                      Command
                                      131222 19:24:02 <          QUIT
                                      131222 19:24:02 >          +OK Finished

                                      73,

                                      Bob VE3TOK

                                    • Bob Tenty
                                      Message 19 of 27 , Dec 22, 2013
                                        John,

                                        I realize and just did by switching over to the RETR command as written
                                        in the fetchmail docs. (fetchall)
                                        No luck, protocol error.

                                        fetchmail log:

                                        Dec 22 21:32:03 linux fetchmail[25792]: 4 messages for VE3TOK at tenty.ca (3635 octets).
                                        Dec 22 21:32:03 linux fetchmail[25792]: client/server protocol error while fetching from VE3TOK@...
                                        Dec 22 21:32:03 linux fetchmail[25792]: Query status=4 (PROTOCOL)

                                        bpq log

                                        131222 21:32:02 >          +OK POP3 server ready
                                        131222 21:32:02 <          CAPA
                                        131222 21:32:02 >          +OK Capability list follows
                                        131222 21:32:02 >          UIDL
                                        131222 21:32:02 >          EXPIRE 30
                                        131222 21:32:02 >          .
                                        131222 21:32:03 <          USER VE3TOK
                                        131222 21:32:03 >          +OK please send PASS command
                                        131222 21:32:03 <          PASS **************
                                        131222 21:32:03 >          +OK Authenticated
                                        131222 21:32:03 <          STAT
                                        131222 21:32:03 >          +OK 4 3635
                                        131222 21:32:03 <          LIST 1
                                        131222 21:32:03 >          +OK
                                        131222 21:32:03 >          1 1164
                                        131222 21:32:03 >          2 902
                                        131222 21:32:03 >          3 1559
                                        131222 21:32:03 >          4 10
                                        131222 21:32:03 >          .
                                        131222 21:32:03 <          RETR 1
                                        131222 21:32:03 >          +OK
                                        131222 21:32:03 >          Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 13:14:00 GMT
                                        131222 21:32:03 >          To: SYSOP
                                        131222 21:32:03 >          Message-ID: 22769_IQ2LB
                                        131222 21:32:03 >          From: IW2OHX@...
                                        131222 21:32:03 >          Subject: Forwarding partners
                                        131222 21:32:03 >
                                        131222 21:32:03 >          R:131129/0630Z @:VE3TOK.#SCON.ON.CAN.NOAM #:54376 [Hamilton] $:22769_IQ2LB
                                        R:131129/0528Z 24529@VE3UIL.#EON.ON.CAN.NOAM [Smiths Falls] FBB7.00i
                                        R:131129/0628Z @:JE7YGF.03.JNET7.JPN.AS #:6117 [Ichinoseki] FBB7.05f
                                        R:131129/0626Z @:7M3TJZ.13.JNET1.JPN.AS #:18878 [Sayama] $:22769_IQ2LB
                                        R:131129/0625Z @:HG8LXL.HUN.EU #:3283 [Csongrad] XFBB7.05f $:22769_IQ2LB
                                        R:131129/0624Z @:CX2SA.SAL.URY.SA #:1017 [Salto] FBB7.00e $:22769_IQ2LB
                                        R:131129/0812Z @:IK1NHL.ILIG.ITA.EU #:8044 [Ventimiglia JN33UU NHLNETWORK]
                                        R:131129/0602Z @:IQ5KG.ITOS.ITA.EU #:11417 [Altopascio] $:22769_IQ2LB
                                        R:131129/0602z @:IZ3LSV.IVEN.ITA.EU $:22769_IQ2LB
                                        R:131129/0536Z @:IK6IHL.IABR.ITA.EU #:22671 [Sulmona] #:546959 $:22769_IQ2LB
                                        R:131128/1314Z @:IQ2LB.ILOM.ITA.EU #:22769 [Limbiate(MB)] #:219377

                                        From: IW2OHX@...
                                        To  : SYSOP@ITA

                                        Ciao a tutti,

                                        cerco partners per fare forwarding di bollettini e personali
                                        via Telnet o rete Flexnet.

                                        BBS: IQ2LB
                                        Telnet address: iq2lb.arilimbiate.it
                                        Porta: 6300

                                        Flexnet: C IQ2LB-8 IQ2LB

                                        Per favore contattatemi sui seguenti indirizzi.

                                        Email iw2ohx@...
                                        PR-Mail IW2OHX@...

                                        grazie,
                                        Marco

                                        131222 21:32:03 >
                                        131222 21:32:03 >          .
                                        131222 21:32:03 <          QUIT
                                        131222 21:32:03 >          +OK Finished

                                        73,

                                        Bob

                                        Message 20 of 27 , Dec 23, 2013

                                          Bob,

                                          I can’t see anything obvious wrong with the message exchange. I’ll set up fetchmail here and see if I can work out what is going wrong.

                                          73, John

                                          From: IW2OHX@...
                                          To  : SYSOP@ITA

                                          See http://fetchmail.berlios.de/fetchmail-man.html#17

                                          Message 21 of 27 , Dec 23, 2013

                                            Bob,

                                            There was an error in my handling of the LIST command.

                                            Try this https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/linbpq

                                            73, John

                                            Message 22 of 27 , Dec 23, 2013
                                              Hi John,

                                              This works better but I receive only the odd messages, so only message 1 and
                                              3 of the four messages.

                                              Maybe this has to with the '#' in the From: addresses of message 2 and 4 what is
                                              normally not allowed in Internet email addresses.
                                              I have to read the docs to see or I can override a bad sender address syntax.

                                              Bob

                                              syslog

                                              16671:Dec 23 15:08:05 linux fetchmail[5958]: 4 messages for VE3TOK at tenty.ca (3635 octets).
                                              16881:Dec 23 15:08:06 linux fetchmail[5958]: reading message VE3TOK@...:1 of 4 (1164 octets) flushed
                                              16897:Dec 23 15:08:06 linux fetchmail[5958]: reading message VE3TOK@...:2 of 4 (902 octets) (log message incomplete)
                                              16898:Dec 23 15:08:06 linux fetchmail[5958]: SMTP error: 501 5.1.7 Bad sender address syntax
                                              16903:Dec 23 15:08:06 linux fetchmail[5958]:  not flushed
                                              16907:Dec 23 15:08:07 linux fetchmail[5958]: reading message VE3TOK@...:3 of 4 (1559 octets) flushed
                                              16911:Dec 23 15:08:07 linux fetchmail[5958]: reading message VE3TOK@...:4 of 4 (10 octets) (log message incomplete)
                                              16912:Dec 23 15:08:07 linux fetchmail[5958]: SMTP error: 501 5.1.7 Bad sender address syntax
                                              16917:Dec 23 15:08:07 linux fetchmail[5958]:  not flushed

                                              bpq log

                                              131223 15:08:05 >          +OK POP3 server ready
                                              131223 15:08:05 <          CAPA
                                              131223 15:08:05 >          +OK Capability list follows
                                              131223 15:08:05 >          UIDL
                                              131223 15:08:05 >          EXPIRE 30
                                              131223 15:08:05 >          .
                                              131223 15:08:05 <          USER VE3TOK
                                              131223 15:08:05 >          +OK please send PASS command
                                              131223 15:08:05 <          PASS **********************
                                              131223 15:08:05 >          +OK Authenticated
                                              131223 15:08:05 <          STAT
                                              131223 15:08:05 >          +OK 4 3635
                                              131223 15:08:05 <          LIST 1
                                              131223 15:08:05 >          +OK 1 1164
                                              131223 15:08:05 <          RETR 1
                                              131223 15:08:05 >          +OK
                                              131223 15:08:05 >          Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 13:14:00 GMT
                                              131223 15:08:05 >          To: SYSOP
                                              131223 15:08:05 >          Message-ID: 22769_IQ2LB
                                              131223 15:08:05 >          From: IW2OHX@...
                                              131223 15:08:05 >          Subject: Forwarding partners

                                              cut
                                              PR-Mail IW2OHX@...

                                              grazie,
                                              Marco
                                              131223 15:08:05 >          .
                                              131223 15:08:06 <          DELE 1
                                              131223 15:08:06 >          +OK
                                              131223 15:08:06 <          LIST 2
                                              131223 15:08:06 >          +OK 2 902
                                              131223 15:08:06 <          RETR 2
                                              131223 15:08:06 >          +OK
                                              131223 15:08:06 >          Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2013 19:13:00 GMT
                                              131223 15:08:06 >          To: SYSOP
                                              131223 15:08:06 >          Message-ID: 57835-YT7MPB
                                              131223 15:08:06 >          From: YT7MPB@YT7MPB.#NS.SRB.EU
                                              131223 15:08:06 >          Subject: R-line in BPQ Mail 1.4.57.1
                                              131223 15:08:06 >
                                              131223 15:08:06 >          R:131202/2215Z @:VE3TOK.#SCON.ON.CAN.NOAM #:54555 [Hamilton] $:57835-YT7MPB

                                              cut
                                              Is there a reason for that format, and  is it possible to fix it in order  to
                                              be the same as in FBB format?

                                              Regards,

                                              Misko

                                              131223 15:08:06 >
                                              131223 15:08:06 >          .
                                              131223 15:08:06 <          LIST 3
                                              131223 15:08:06 >          +OK 3 1559
                                              131223 15:08:07 <          RETR 3
                                              131223 15:08:07 >          +OK
                                              131223 15:08:07 >          Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 16:31:07 GMT
                                              131223 15:08:07 >          To: VE3TOK
                                              131223 15:08:07 >          Message-ID: 0G4WK4LFPRX4
                                              131223 15:08:07 >          From: PA3GJX
                                              131223 15:08:07 >          Subject: //WL2K From the Yacht by Pactor
                                              131223 15:08:07 >
                                              131223 15:08:07 >          MID: 0G4WK4LFPRX4
                                              Date: 2013/12/22 15:27
                                              From: PA3GJX@...
                                              To: VE3TOK
                                              Subject: //WL2K From the Yacht by Pactor
                                              Mbo: PA3GJX
                                              Body: 1409

                                              Hallo Bob,

                                              cut

                                              Groeten vanaf een wind en regenachtig Nederland.

                                              JAn  PA3GJX.

                                              131223 15:08:07 >
                                              131223 15:08:07 >          .
                                              131223 15:08:07 <          DELE 3
                                              131223 15:08:07 >          +OK
                                              131223 15:08:07 <          LIST 4
                                              131223 15:08:07 >          +OK 4 10
                                              131223 15:08:07 <          RETR 4
                                              131223 15:08:07 >          +OK
                                              131223 15:08:07 >          Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 21:26:19 GMT
                                              131223 15:08:07 >          To: VE3TOK
                                              131223 15:08:07 >          Message-ID: 1661_VA3TOK
                                              131223 15:08:07 >          From: VE3MCH@VE3MCH.#SCON.ON.CAN.NOAM
                                              131223 15:08:07 >          Subject: test pop
                                              131223 15:08:07 >
                                              131223 15:08:07 >          test pop

                                              131223 15:08:07 >
                                              131223 15:08:07 >          .