ci-v rig control with ic 718

  • Daryll Webb
    Message 1 of 9 , May 25, 2013
      Has any one had luck with bpq32 and controlling ic 718?
      If so would like to work with some one that has a working sys.
      Been at this stage for some time and could use some help.
      Buster kg9nd
    • Jim
      Message 2 of 9 , May 25, 2013
        The icom system is designed to have multiple clients (radios) each radio has its own hex address.
        look it up in the manual and verify that it is correct by looking for its address. It is not serial control it is a ttl level signal.

        Jim wu3v

        Message 3 of 9 , May 25, 2013
          Right.

          RIGCONTROL COM1 19200 PTTCOM6 ICOM 706 58

          The above line is an example of rig on com1 with ptt on com6.  BTW Hex address 00 works for all Icom's if you have only 1 but is a rather crude way to do it.  706 uses either 58 or 5E and you can often change it in the radio settings.

          John has very good doc's on his website on this stuff.

          Message 4 of 9 , May 25, 2013
            Thanks Jim
            I have been into the icom and yes the ci-v control is 5e
            I can work the icom with hrd using the same lpt as bpq so I know the cable is good and 718 is set up ok.
            Would like to look see a .cfg & connect string from mail/chat forwarding of a working sys to compare.
            Buster kg9nd

            Message 5 of 9 , May 25, 2013
              Hr is what I have so far.
              Winmor will show the ic718 and 7.101 usb but when I add the freq. in the connect string in mail/chat it will not even try to connect.
              Now if I remove the freq. in the connect string it will use the winmor screen to make a connection as normal with signalink.
              I have been at this for a few weeks, been into Johns info and tried quite a few different ways.
              This is why I am out of things to try and need some input from others that have working.
              Buster kg9nd

              PORT
               PORTNUM=4
               ID=WINMOR
               TYPE=EXTERNAL
               PROTOCOL=WINMOR
               DLLNAME=WINMOR.DLL
               INTERLOCK=4
               QUALITY=0

              CONFIG
               ADDR 127.0.0.1 8500 PTT DTRRTS PATH C:\Documents and Settings\WCEMA\Application

              Data\BPQ32\WinmorTNC\Winmor TNC.exe
               RIGCONTROL COM7 19200 PTTCOM4 ICOM IC718 5E
               4,7101,USB
               CWID True
               DEBUGLOG True
               LOG True
               BW 500
               DRIVELEVEL 100
               MODE Auto
               ROBUST False
               SHOW False
               BUSYLOCK False
              ; WL2KREPORT www.winlink.org,8778,KB9TYQ,EM79nt,00-23,10134500,N

              ENDPORT

              Message 6 of 9 , May 25, 2013
                Buster,

                I'm not sure what you mean by "add the frequency in the connect string"

                The frequency is set with a RADIO  command before the connect - something like
                ATTACH 4
                RADIO 14.110 USB 2
                C CALLSIGN

                73, John

                Message 7 of 9 , May 25, 2013
                  Hello John
                  If I do not put the RADIO 14.110 USB 2  it will work as should and make a connection with winmor tnc using signalink.
                  But when I do like your example the winmor tnc will not try to work. Nothing happends.
                  winmor 1.5.0.0
                  bpq32 5 2 9 1

                  Message 8 of 9 , May 25, 2013

                    Place a decimal in the frequency as in 7.101

                    Message 9 of 9 , May 25, 2013
                      Thanks Jim
                      I did get the winmor tnc to change ok   it turned out filter was wrong
                      now i am looking at the scan in .cfg     if I can get it to rest on a sertin freq when it is done I wou't need the scan option.
                      More later as I work on it.
                      Thanks for the input     I may need more later on
                      Buster kg9nd