AA4RE 2.13t and BPQ 4.08/4.09

  • Miroslav Skoric (YT7MPB)
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 15, 2008
      Hi all,

      I started to experiment with AA4RE BBS and BPQ 4.08/4.09, using KISS
      TNC. I have noticed that besides usual BPQ ports in AA4RE 2.13t, it is
      also suggested to play with as if there is a DRSI card but without using
      TNCTSR etc. It makes me wonder which approach is more memory efficient,
      because here I have only 1 meg of memory and I need to run not only
      AA4RE + bpqcode but a NIC driver for ethernet connection as well. At the
      moment, I run everything but AA4RE as 'load high' and when BB is active
      there is less than 100kb of free RAM /even less with a lot of messages
      in the system/.

      Btw, what are the most appropriate values of files= and buffers= lines
      in config.sys when running such a system? For the moment, I only need an
      AA4RE/BPQ setup that is capable to forward mails with the FBB/BPQ32
      system in the same LAN.

      Misko YT7MPB