Re: fbb as a second application

  • wu3v
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 13, 2008
      John I found an error in the registry, I can now place fbb in the
      second application slot. However in agwtobpq I can load the rms
      program but when I try to start fbb it says no agw ports are
      available.

      I set the mask in the agwtobpq cionfig to 0x3.

      Jim wu3v

      > Hi Jim,
      >
      > You can use slots 2 and 3 with BPQ32, although Appl2 still has a
      special
      > meaning (entering C at the node command selects Appl 2, so is
      generally
      > used for "chat" type applications).
      >
      > If you are using WinFBB32, set the DWORD
      > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\G8BPQ\BPQ32\FBBAppl to the required
      mask.
      > Remember this is a bit mask - 01 for Appl 1, 02 for appl 2, 04 for
      > appl3, 08 for appl4, etc.
      >
      > If you are using WFBB or WFBB32, via the BPQDED drivers, it is a
      little
      > more complicated. The Registry Key is derived from the callsign
      defined
      > to FBB - for example if I was using call GM8BPQ-4, and Appl 4 (mask
      08)
      > I'd set the DWORD
      > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\G8BPQ\BPQ32\DEDAppl\GM8BPQ-4 to 8.
      >
      > 73,
      > John G8BPQ

      Behalf Of
      > wu3v
      > Sent: 13 June 2008 18:46
      > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [BPQ32] Re: fbb as a second application
      >

      > I have been able to get RMS or FBB to function as the first
      (default)
      > application, however I can not get FBB to move to the second slot.
      >
      > Is the second slot position 2 or 5? In older versions the slots 2
      and
      > three were reserved for sysoph and host. Is this still the case?
      >
      > I also have tried to patch the registry to move fbb to another
      location
      > to no avail.
      >
      > Jim wu3v

    • Ron Stordahl N5IN
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 13, 2008
        Jim

        AGWtoBPQ Config should be set to 0x1, not 0x3. AGWtoBPQ is used in
        your case only for the first positional parameter in APPLICATIONS= for
        RMS. The second positional parameter in your string is for FBB701-35
        for which you have the applications mask set at 0x2 in the registry.

        I tried to explain all this in the install document as well is in the
        bpqcfg.txt file in the subdirectory ..\Multiple_Apps.

        Ron, N5IN

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 13, 2008

          Jim,

          Sorry I didn’t get back to you fast enough, I have installed on my test computer, RMS, WinFbb 7.01B

          BPQ32U_410D

          Here is the values in the APPL string you wanted to use,

          APPLICATIONS=RMS,BBS

          APPL1CALL=N9PMO-10

          APPL1ALIAS=RMS

          APPL1QUAL=255

          APPL2CALL=N9PMO

          APPL2ALIAS=PMOBBS

          APPL2QUAL=255

          Using the Edit Registry the following Folder Must be added:

          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\G8BPQ\BPQ32

          FBBAPPL     REG_DWORD  0x00000002 (2)

          AGWtoBPQ.EXE CONFIG:

          Appl Mask 0x1

          Save

          Restart:

          Both RMS and BBS (7.01-35) work Fine, from the BPQ Terminal Window, RMS works Fine in the WinFbb Gateway (F9)

          Most use BBS as the first position, (APPL) then the Registry doesn’t need to be added.

          A good explanation of applications are in the BPQ/Examples/Multiple Applications/BPQCFG.TXT

          Thanks to John G8BPQ and Ron N5IN

          Mike Melnik