Re: fbb as a second application

  • wu3v
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 13, 2008
      I have been able to get RMS or FBB to function as the first (default)
      application, however I can not get FBB to move to the second slot.

      Is the second slot position 2 or 5? In older versions the slots 2 and
      three were reserved for sysoph and host. Is this still the case?

      I also have tried to patch the registry to move fbb to another location
      to no avail.

      Jim wu3v
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 13, 2008
        Hi Jim,

        You can use slots 2 and 3 with BPQ32, although Appl2 still has a special meaning (entering C at the node command selects Appl 2, so is generally used for "chat" type applications).

        If you are using WinFBB32, set the DWORD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\G8BPQ\BPQ32\FBBAppl to the required mask. Remember this is a bit mask - 01 for Appl 1, 02 for appl 2, 04 for appl3, 08 for appl4, etc.

        If you are using WFBB or WFBB32, via the BPQDED drivers, it is a little more complicated. The  Registry Key is derived from the callsign defined to FBB - for example if I was using call GM8BPQ-4, and Appl 4 (mask 08) I'd set the DWORD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\G8BPQ\BPQ32\DEDAppl\GM8BPQ-4 to 8.

        73,
        John G8BPQ

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 13, 2008
          John I found an error in the registry, I can now place fbb in the
          second application slot. However in agwtobpq I can load the rms
          program but when I try to start fbb it says no agw ports are
          available.

          I set the mask in the agwtobpq cionfig to 0x3.

          Jim wu3v

          > Hi Jim,
          >
          > You can use slots 2 and 3 with BPQ32, although Appl2 still has a
          special
          > meaning (entering C at the node command selects Appl 2, so is
          generally
          > used for "chat" type applications).
          >
          > If you are using WinFBB32, set the DWORD
          > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\G8BPQ\BPQ32\FBBAppl to the required
          mask.
          > Remember this is a bit mask - 01 for Appl 1, 02 for appl 2, 04 for
          > appl3, 08 for appl4, etc.
          >
          > If you are using WFBB or WFBB32, via the BPQDED drivers, it is a
          little
          > more complicated. The Registry Key is derived from the callsign
          defined
          > to FBB - for example if I was using call GM8BPQ-4, and Appl 4 (mask
          08)
          > I'd set the DWORD
          > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\G8BPQ\BPQ32\DEDAppl\GM8BPQ-4 to 8.
          >
          > 73,
          > John G8BPQ

          Behalf Of
          > wu3v
          > Sent: 13 June 2008 18:46
          > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [BPQ32] Re: fbb as a second application
          >

          > I have been able to get RMS or FBB to function as the first
          (default)
          > application, however I can not get FBB to move to the second slot.
          >
          > Is the second slot position 2 or 5? In older versions the slots 2
          and
          > three were reserved for sysoph and host. Is this still the case?
          >
          > I also have tried to patch the registry to move fbb to another
          location
          > to no avail.
          >
          > Jim wu3v

        • Ron Stordahl N5IN
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 13, 2008
            Jim

            AGWtoBPQ Config should be set to 0x1, not 0x3. AGWtoBPQ is used in
            your case only for the first positional parameter in APPLICATIONS= for
            RMS. The second positional parameter in your string is for FBB701-35
            for which you have the applications mask set at 0x2 in the registry.

            I tried to explain all this in the install document as well is in the
            bpqcfg.txt file in the subdirectory ..\Multiple_Apps.

            Ron, N5IN

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 13, 2008

              Jim,

              Sorry I didn’t get back to you fast enough, I have installed on my test computer, RMS, WinFbb 7.01B

              BPQ32U_410D

              Here is the values in the APPL string you wanted to use,

              APPLICATIONS=RMS,BBS

              APPL1CALL=N9PMO-10

              APPL1ALIAS=RMS

              APPL1QUAL=255

              APPL2CALL=N9PMO

              APPL2ALIAS=PMOBBS

              APPL2QUAL=255

              Using the Edit Registry the following Folder Must be added:

              HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\G8BPQ\BPQ32

              FBBAPPL     REG_DWORD  0x00000002 (2)

              AGWtoBPQ.EXE CONFIG:

              Appl Mask 0x1

              Save

              Restart:

              Both RMS and BBS (7.01-35) work Fine, from the BPQ Terminal Window, RMS works Fine in the WinFbb Gateway (F9)

              Most use BBS as the first position, (APPL) then the Registry doesn’t need to be added.

              A good explanation of applications are in the BPQ/Examples/Multiple Applications/BPQCFG.TXT

              Thanks to John G8BPQ and Ron N5IN

              Mike Melnik