Re: web interface

  • chris_g0cng
    Message 1 of 10 , May 11, 2013
      I'm finding similar problems. I can get into the Terminal fine with my standard Telnet callsign and password.
      When I click on the Mail Server I'm again asked for my callsign and password. Putting them in again and clicking OK then gives an
      HTTP 404 NOT FOUND Error
      The full address is http://192.168.0.4/Mail/Signon?Mail which is not reconised by my BPQ32 system.
      I've got my USER=user,password,callsign,"",SYSOP all set correctly.

      Any ideas what's going wrong?? I expected to get into the BBS this way and it would be really useful to be able to access this way but no goes:-(
      Do I need to set up anything else??

      Chris G0CNG Sysop GB7MAX

      > Jim,
      >
      > That isn't quite true. The options take you into the Mail or Chat management
      > interfaces, not the BBS or Chat Server. To use the Management interfaces the
      > USER record (in the Telnet Config) must have the SYSOP flag set. eg
      >
      > USER=user,password,callsign,"",SYSOP
      >
      > You can get to the BBS or Chat Server from the Node Terminalby entering the
      > appropriate command.
      >
      > 73, John
      >
      > _____

    • chris_g0cng
      Message 2 of 10 , May 11, 2013
        BTW I should have said that I'm connecting to the BBS from my main Windows 7 PC over the home LAN. The BPQ32 PC's LAN address is 192.168.0.4 on my home network.

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "chris_g0cng" <chris_g0cng@...> wrote:

        > I'm finding similar problems. I can get into the Terminal fine with my standard Telnet callsign and password.
        > When I click on the Mail Server I'm again asked for my callsign and password. Putting them in again and clicking OK then gives an
        > HTTP 404 NOT FOUND Error
        > The full address is http://192.168.0.4/Mail/Signon?Mail which is not reconised by my BPQ32 system.
        > I've got my USER=user,password,callsign,"",SYSOP all set correctly.
        >
        > Any ideas what's going wrong?? I expected to get into the BBS this way and it would be really useful to be able to access this way but no goes:-(
        > Do I need to set up anything else??
        >
        > Chris G0CNG Sysop GB7MAX

        > > Jim,
        > >
        > > That isn't quite true. The options take you into the Mail or Chat management
        > > interfaces, not the BBS or Chat Server. To use the Management interfaces the
        > > USER record (in the Telnet Config) must have the SYSOP flag set. eg
        > >
        > > USER=user,password,callsign,"",SYSOP
        > >
        > > You can get to the BBS or Chat Server from the Node Terminalby entering the
        > > appropriate command.
        > >
        > > 73, John
        > >
        > > _____

      • Mike
        Message 3 of 10 , May 11, 2013

          Chris

          You didn’t mention if this is Windows or Linux version, but it looks like you are missing the HTTPPORT= Port number

          In the Telnet server port, and it is not included in the URL you are trying to get to, Mine has a short cut in my web site

          I can access in two ways, on a remote machine not on the same http://n9pmo.dyndns.org:81/Mail/Header

          OR

          On local machine

          LAN Address:81/Mail/Header

          IT looks like you are using Linux version seeing the Mail/Signon?Mail

          Try adding the HTTP you have assigned in the Telnet server port, I am not familiar with the Linux version, but your

          URL need to know what port to use, default is port 80.

          Mike N9PMO

          "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@> wrote:

          > > Jim,
          > >
          > > That isn't quite true. The options take you into the Mail or Chat
          management
          > > interfaces, not the BBS or Chat Server. To use the Management
          interfaces the
          > > USER record (in the Telnet Config) must have the SYSOP flag set. eg
          > >
          > > USER=user,password,callsign,"",SYSOP
          > >
          > > You can get to the BBS or Chat Server from the Node Terminalby entering
          the
          > > appropriate command.
          > >
          > > 73, John
          > >
          > > _____

        • Chris Roberts
          Message 4 of 10 , May 11, 2013

            Hi Mike:

            Thanks for the reply.

            No, I’m using Windows 7 Professional  and IE 9 (64 bit) on my main windows PC and Windows 98 SE on the BBS PC  both of which are on the same Home LAN.

            I’ve also got the HTTPPort=80 in my Telnet Config.

            When you insert the callsign and password as set up in the Telnet Server for my callsign the system itself gives the Mail/Signon?Mail.  I’m not giving it.

            Hope this helps.

            Message 5 of 10 , May 11, 2013
              Chris,

              Is there any other info returned, apart from the Not Found?

              73, John

              I'm finding similar problems. I can get into the Terminal fine with my standard Telnet callsign and password.
              When I click on the Mail Server I'm again asked for my callsign and password. Putting them in again and clicking OK then gives an
              HTTP 404 NOT FOUND Error
              The full address is http://192.168.0.4/Mail/Signon?Mail which is not reconised by my BPQ32 system.
              I've got my USER=user,password,callsign,"",SYSOP all set correctly.

              Any ideas what's going wrong?? I expected to get into the BBS this way and it would be really useful to be able to access this way but no goes:-(
              Do I need to set up anything else??

              Chris G0CNG Sysop GB7MAX

              > Jim,
              >
              > That isn't
              quite true. The options take you into the Mail or Chat management

              interfaces, not the BBS or Chat Server. To use the Management interfaces the
              > USER record (in the Telnet Config) must have the SYSOP flag set.
              eg

              > USER=user,password,callsign,"",SYSOP
              >
              > You
              can get to the BBS or Chat Server from the Node Terminalby entering the

              appropriate command.

              > 73, John
              >
              > _____

              [BPQ32] web interface

              > i have just
              noticed on the new web interface there an option to go into
              > the bpqmail
              and chat. the node term works ok with username and password
              > but not with
              the mail/chat were do i enter the usernames/passwords for them
              > ?
              >
              > cheers jim

            • Jim
              Message 6 of 10 , May 11, 2013
                Try this:

                Add the password etc at the end of the file

                PORT
                 ID=Telnet Server
                 DRIVER=Telnet
                 CONFIG

                  LOGGING=1
                  DisconnectOnClose=1
                  TCPPORT=23
                  FBBPORT=8011 8012 8013 8014
                  LOGINPROMPT=user:
                  PASSWORDPROMPT=password:
                  MAXSESSIONS=5
                  HTTPPORT=8080
                  CMS=1

                  CTEXT=Welcome to WU3V's Telnet Server\nEnter ? for list of commands\n\n

                BTW I should have said that I'm connecting to the BBS from my main Windows 7 PC over the home LAN. The BPQ32 PC's LAN address is 192.168.0.4 on my home network.

                --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "chris_g0cng" <chris_g0cng@...> wrote:

                > I'm finding similar problems. I can get into the Terminal fine with my standard Telnet callsign and password.
                > When I click on the Mail Server I'm again asked for my callsign and password. Putting them in again and clicking OK then gives an
                > HTTP 404 NOT FOUND Error
                > The full address is http://192.168.0.4/Mail/Signon?Mail which is not reconised by my BPQ32 system.
                > I've got my USER=user,password,callsign,"",SYSOP all set correctly.
                >
                > Any ideas what's going wrong?? I expected to get into the BBS this way and it would be really useful to be able to access this way but no goes:-(
                > Do I need to set up anything else??
                >
                > Chris G0CNG Sysop GB7MAX

                > > Jim,
                > >
                > > That isn't quite true. The options take you into the Mail or Chat management
                > > interfaces, not the BBS or Chat Server. To use the Management interfaces the
                > > USER record (in the Telnet Config) must have the SYSOP flag set. eg
                > >
                > > USER=user,password,callsign,"",SYSOP
                > >
                > > You can get to the BBS or Chat Server from the Node Terminalby entering the
                > > appropriate command.
                > >
                > > 73, John
                > >
                > > _____

              • James Mcdowall
                Message 7 of 10 , May 12, 2013
                  ok John just thought it was a short cut to mailbox or chat

                  > Jim,
                  >
                  > That isn't quite true. The options take you into the Mail or Chat management
                  > interfaces, not the BBS or Chat Server. To use the Management interfaces the
                  > USER record (in the Telnet Config) must have the SYSOP flag set. eg
                  >
                  > USER=user,password,callsign,"",SYSOP
                  >
                  > You can get to the BBS or Chat Server from the Node Terminalby entering the
                  > appropriate command.
                  >
                  > 73, John
                  >
                  > _____

                • Mike
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 12, 2013
                    Chris

                    As Jim suggested, try using a port other then 80, I assume in your BPQ32
                    configuration
                    Folder, you have the folder HTTP that contains 10 text files, a background
                    PNG?

                    When you switch HTTP ports you normally need to open that port in your
                    router/firewall
                    Point to the correct LAN address before access can be made.

                    Mike N9PMO