RE: [BPQ32] web interface

    Message 1 of 10 , May 11, 2013
      Jim,

      That isn't quite true. The options take you into the Mail or Chat management interfaces, not the BBS or Chat Server. To use the Management interfaces the USER record (in the Telnet Config) must have the SYSOP flag set. eg

      USER=user,password,callsign,"",SYSOP

      You can get to the BBS or Chat Server from the Node Terminalby entering the appropriate command.

      73, John

      Message 2 of 10 , May 11, 2013
        I'm finding similar problems. I can get into the Terminal fine with my standard Telnet callsign and password.
        When I click on the Mail Server I'm again asked for my callsign and password. Putting them in again and clicking OK then gives an
        HTTP 404 NOT FOUND Error
        The full address is http://192.168.0.4/Mail/Signon?Mail which is not reconised by my BPQ32 system.
        I've got my USER=user,password,callsign,"",SYSOP all set correctly.

        Any ideas what's going wrong?? I expected to get into the BBS this way and it would be really useful to be able to access this way but no goes:-(
        Do I need to set up anything else??

        Chris G0CNG Sysop GB7MAX

        > Jim,
        >
        > That isn't quite true. The options take you into the Mail or Chat management
        > interfaces, not the BBS or Chat Server. To use the Management interfaces the
        > USER record (in the Telnet Config) must have the SYSOP flag set. eg
        >
        > USER=user,password,callsign,"",SYSOP
        >
        > You can get to the BBS or Chat Server from the Node Terminalby entering the
        > appropriate command.
        >
        > 73, John
        >
        > _____

      • chris_g0cng
        Message 3 of 10 , May 11, 2013
          BTW I should have said that I'm connecting to the BBS from my main Windows 7 PC over the home LAN. The BPQ32 PC's LAN address is 192.168.0.4 on my home network.

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "chris_g0cng" <chris_g0cng@...> wrote:

          > I'm finding similar problems. I can get into the Terminal fine with my standard Telnet callsign and password.
          > When I click on the Mail Server I'm again asked for my callsign and password. Putting them in again and clicking OK then gives an
          > HTTP 404 NOT FOUND Error
          > The full address is http://192.168.0.4/Mail/Signon?Mail which is not reconised by my BPQ32 system.
          > I've got my USER=user,password,callsign,"",SYSOP all set correctly.
          >
          > Any ideas what's going wrong?? I expected to get into the BBS this way and it would be really useful to be able to access this way but no goes:-(
          > Do I need to set up anything else??
          >
          > Chris G0CNG Sysop GB7MAX

          > > Jim,
          > >
          > > That isn't quite true. The options take you into the Mail or Chat management
          > > interfaces, not the BBS or Chat Server. To use the Management interfaces the
          > > USER record (in the Telnet Config) must have the SYSOP flag set. eg
          > >
          > > USER=user,password,callsign,"",SYSOP
          > >
          > > You can get to the BBS or Chat Server from the Node Terminalby entering the
          > > appropriate command.
          > >
          > > 73, John
          > >
          > > _____

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 10 , May 11, 2013

            Chris

            You didn’t mention if this is Windows or Linux version, but it looks like you are missing the HTTPPORT= Port number

            In the Telnet server port, and it is not included in the URL you are trying to get to, Mine has a short cut in my web site

            I can access in two ways, on a remote machine not on the same http://n9pmo.dyndns.org:81/Mail/Header

            OR

            On local machine

            LAN Address:81/Mail/Header

            IT looks like you are using Linux version seeing the Mail/Signon?Mail

            Try adding the HTTP you have assigned in the Telnet server port, I am not familiar with the Linux version, but your

            URL need to know what port to use, default is port 80.

            Mike N9PMO

            "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@> wrote:

            > > Jim,
            > >
            > > That isn't quite true. The options take you into the Mail or Chat
            management
            > > interfaces, not the BBS or Chat Server. To use the Management
            interfaces the
            > > USER record (in the Telnet Config) must have the SYSOP flag set. eg
            > >
            > > USER=user,password,callsign,"",SYSOP
            > >
            > > You can get to the BBS or Chat Server from the Node Terminalby entering
            the
            > > appropriate command.
            > >
            > > 73, John
            > >
            > > _____

          • Chris Roberts
            Message 5 of 10 , May 11, 2013

              Hi Mike:

              Thanks for the reply.

              No, I’m using Windows 7 Professional  and IE 9 (64 bit) on my main windows PC and Windows 98 SE on the BBS PC  both of which are on the same Home LAN.

              I’ve also got the HTTPPort=80 in my Telnet Config.

              When you insert the callsign and password as set up in the Telnet Server for my callsign the system itself gives the Mail/Signon?Mail.  I’m not giving it.

              Hope this helps.

              Message 6 of 10 , May 11, 2013
                Chris,

                Is there any other info returned, apart from the Not Found?

                73, John

                I'm finding similar problems. I can get into the Terminal fine with my standard Telnet callsign and password.
                When I click on the Mail Server I'm again asked for my callsign and password. Putting them in again and clicking OK then gives an
                HTTP 404 NOT FOUND Error
                The full address is http://192.168.0.4/Mail/Signon?Mail which is not reconised by my BPQ32 system.
                I've got my USER=user,password,callsign,"",SYSOP all set correctly.

                Any ideas what's going wrong?? I expected to get into the BBS this way and it would be really useful to be able to access this way but no goes:-(
                Do I need to set up anything else??

                Chris G0CNG Sysop GB7MAX

                > Jim,
                >
                > That isn't
                quite true. The options take you into the Mail or Chat management

                interfaces, not the BBS or Chat Server. To use the Management interfaces the
                > USER record (in the Telnet Config) must have the SYSOP flag set.
                eg

                > USER=user,password,callsign,"",SYSOP
                >
                > You
                can get to the BBS or Chat Server from the Node Terminalby entering the

                appropriate command.

                > 73, John
                >
                > _____

                [BPQ32] web interface

                > i have just
                noticed on the new web interface there an option to go into
                > the bpqmail
                and chat. the node term works ok with username and password
                > but not with
                the mail/chat were do i enter the usernames/passwords for them
                > ?
                >
                > cheers jim

              • Jim
                Message 7 of 10 , May 11, 2013
                  Try this:

                  Add the password etc at the end of the file

                  PORT
                   ID=Telnet Server
                   DRIVER=Telnet
                   CONFIG

                    LOGGING=1
                    DisconnectOnClose=1
                    TCPPORT=23
                    FBBPORT=8011 8012 8013 8014
                    LOGINPROMPT=user:
                    PASSWORDPROMPT=password:
                    MAXSESSIONS=5
                    HTTPPORT=8080
                    CMS=1

                    CTEXT=Welcome to WU3V's Telnet Server\nEnter ? for list of commands\n\n

                  BTW I should have said that I'm connecting to the BBS from my main Windows 7 PC over the home LAN. The BPQ32 PC's LAN address is 192.168.0.4 on my home network.

                  --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "chris_g0cng" <chris_g0cng@...> wrote:

                  > I'm finding similar problems. I can get into the Terminal fine with my standard Telnet callsign and password.
                  > When I click on the Mail Server I'm again asked for my callsign and password. Putting them in again and clicking OK then gives an
                  > HTTP 404 NOT FOUND Error
                  > The full address is http://192.168.0.4/Mail/Signon?Mail which is not reconised by my BPQ32 system.
                  > I've got my USER=user,password,callsign,"",SYSOP all set correctly.
                  >
                  > Any ideas what's going wrong?? I expected to get into the BBS this way and it would be really useful to be able to access this way but no goes:-(
                  > Do I need to set up anything else??
                  >
                  > Chris G0CNG Sysop GB7MAX

                  > > Jim,
                  > >
                  > > That isn't quite true. The options take you into the Mail or Chat management
                  > > interfaces, not the BBS or Chat Server. To use the Management interfaces the
                  > > USER record (in the Telnet Config) must have the SYSOP flag set. eg
                  > >
                  > > USER=user,password,callsign,"",SYSOP
                  > >
                  > > You can get to the BBS or Chat Server from the Node Terminalby entering the
                  > > appropriate command.
                  > >
                  > > 73, John
                  > >
                  > > _____

                • James Mcdowall
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 12, 2013
                    ok John just thought it was a short cut to mailbox or chat

                    > Jim,
                    >
                    > That isn't quite true. The options take you into the Mail or Chat management
                    > interfaces, not the BBS or Chat Server. To use the Management interfaces the
                    > USER record (in the Telnet Config) must have the SYSOP flag set. eg
                    >
                    > USER=user,password,callsign,"",SYSOP
                    >
                    > You can get to the BBS or Chat Server from the Node Terminalby entering the
                    > appropriate command.
                    >
                    > 73, John
                    >
                    > _____

                  • Mike
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 12, 2013
                      Chris

                      As Jim suggested, try using a port other then 80, I assume in your BPQ32
                      configuration
                      Folder, you have the folder HTTP that contains 10 text files, a background
                      PNG?

                      When you switch HTTP ports you normally need to open that port in your
                      router/firewall
                      Point to the correct LAN address before access can be made.

                      Mike N9PMO