fbb as a second application

  • wu3v
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 11, 2008
      I am having trouble getting this to work.
      Does fbb need to be appl2 or 8?

      Jim wu3v
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 11, 2008

        Jim,

        We need to first know what FBB your are running 7.00 E, G I or 7.01-35? How ever neither of the WFBB needs

        An Application if the FBB BBS Call is the Same as BBSCALL= in BPQ32U, in the latest release of BPQ32U_410d

        2008Mar03 and newer releases John and Ron are recommending to commit out the following and possibly in newer

        releases will no long exist:

        BBSCALL=

        BBSALIAS=

        BBSQUAL=

        Replacing it with:

        APPLICATIONS=BBS,DX; Etc

        APPL1CALL=

        APPL1ALIAS=

        APPL1QUAL=

        So at this point either method will work, If you do use the APPL1CALL= and is same as FBB BBBS Call Mask=0x0

        Remember to compile the BPQCFG.TXT to the .BIN by running the BPQCFG.exe without BPQ/FBB Running, there

        Are two .DLL’S that need to be used in the FBB\BIN to communicated with BPQ,

        Tfwin32.dll       (For 32 Bit FBB)

        BPQded32.dll

        Tfwin.dll           (For 16 Bit FBB)

        If for 7.00 Series WFBB Communication Configuration chose COM 8 Interface TFWIN

        In Ports Configuration Port 1 Com 8 MUX=Number of Ports in BPQ, Select WA8DED and Gateway.

        Mike Melnik

        Web Site: http://n9pmo.dyndns.org

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 13, 2008
          I have been able to get RMS or FBB to function as the first (default)
          application, however I can not get FBB to move to the second slot.

          Is the second slot position 2 or 5? In older versions the slots 2 and
          three were reserved for sysoph and host. Is this still the case?

          I also have tried to patch the registry to move fbb to another location
          to no avail.

          Jim wu3v
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 13, 2008
            Hi Jim,

            You can use slots 2 and 3 with BPQ32, although Appl2 still has a special meaning (entering C at the node command selects Appl 2, so is generally used for "chat" type applications).

            If you are using WinFBB32, set the DWORD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\G8BPQ\BPQ32\FBBAppl to the required mask. Remember this is a bit mask - 01 for Appl 1, 02 for appl 2, 04 for appl3, 08 for appl4, etc.

            If you are using WFBB or WFBB32, via the BPQDED drivers, it is a little more complicated. The  Registry Key is derived from the callsign defined to FBB - for example if I was using call GM8BPQ-4, and Appl 4 (mask 08) I'd set the DWORD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\G8BPQ\BPQ32\DEDAppl\GM8BPQ-4 to 8.

            73,
            John G8BPQ

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 13, 2008
              John I found an error in the registry, I can now place fbb in the
              second application slot. However in agwtobpq I can load the rms
              program but when I try to start fbb it says no agw ports are
              available.

              I set the mask in the agwtobpq cionfig to 0x3.

              Jim wu3v

              > Hi Jim,
              >
              > You can use slots 2 and 3 with BPQ32, although Appl2 still has a
              special
              > meaning (entering C at the node command selects Appl 2, so is
              generally
              > used for "chat" type applications).
              >
              > If you are using WinFBB32, set the DWORD
              > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\G8BPQ\BPQ32\FBBAppl to the required
              mask.
              > Remember this is a bit mask - 01 for Appl 1, 02 for appl 2, 04 for
              > appl3, 08 for appl4, etc.
              >
              > If you are using WFBB or WFBB32, via the BPQDED drivers, it is a
              little
              > more complicated. The Registry Key is derived from the callsign
              defined
              > to FBB - for example if I was using call GM8BPQ-4, and Appl 4 (mask
              08)
              > I'd set the DWORD
              > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\G8BPQ\BPQ32\DEDAppl\GM8BPQ-4 to 8.
              >
              > 73,
              > John G8BPQ

              Behalf Of
              > wu3v
              > Sent: 13 June 2008 18:46
              > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: [BPQ32] Re: fbb as a second application
              >

              > I have been able to get RMS or FBB to function as the first
              (default)
              > application, however I can not get FBB to move to the second slot.
              >
              > Is the second slot position 2 or 5? In older versions the slots 2
              and
              > three were reserved for sysoph and host. Is this still the case?
              >
              > I also have tried to patch the registry to move fbb to another
              location
              > to no avail.
              >
              > Jim wu3v

            • Ron Stordahl N5IN
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 13, 2008
                Jim

                AGWtoBPQ Config should be set to 0x1, not 0x3. AGWtoBPQ is used in
                your case only for the first positional parameter in APPLICATIONS= for
                RMS. The second positional parameter in your string is for FBB701-35
                for which you have the applications mask set at 0x2 in the registry.

                I tried to explain all this in the install document as well is in the
                bpqcfg.txt file in the subdirectory ..\Multiple_Apps.

                Ron, N5IN

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 13, 2008

                  Jim,

                  Sorry I didn’t get back to you fast enough, I have installed on my test computer, RMS, WinFbb 7.01B

                  BPQ32U_410D

                  Here is the values in the APPL string you wanted to use,

                  APPLICATIONS=RMS,BBS

                  APPL1CALL=N9PMO-10

                  APPL1ALIAS=RMS

                  APPL1QUAL=255

                  APPL2CALL=N9PMO

                  APPL2ALIAS=PMOBBS

                  APPL2QUAL=255

                  Using the Edit Registry the following Folder Must be added:

                  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\G8BPQ\BPQ32

                  FBBAPPL     REG_DWORD  0x00000002 (2)

                  AGWtoBPQ.EXE CONFIG:

                  Appl Mask 0x1

                  Save

                  Restart:

                  Both RMS and BBS (7.01-35) work Fine, from the BPQ Terminal Window, RMS works Fine in the WinFbb Gateway (F9)

                  Most use BBS as the first position, (APPL) then the Registry doesn’t need to be added.

                  A good explanation of applications are in the BPQ/Examples/Multiple Applications/BPQCFG.TXT

                  Thanks to John G8BPQ and Ron N5IN

                  Mike Melnik