PITNC

  • w4jpa
    Message 1 of 3 , May 9 11:37 AM
      One more question; I'm beta testing my linbpq32 using a Raspberry pi plus TNC-X prior to moving to a RPi+TNC-pi setup. Hence I'm using;
      KISSOPTIONS=PITNC,NOPARAMS

      I think the -X to -PI are pretty similar apart from there linkage.

      But, the reason I have to ask this is due to the long delays I experience with linbpq32 both connecting and once connected getting to the next step (CMS or BBS stuff). I can directly compare this to my current system which is (RPi+TNC-pi) using the Ax25 stack and RMS per k4gbb. And it is slick! Connects are almost instantaneous and the next line almost as fast (CMS sometimes has a delay but that is CMS).
      What could be slowing my linbpq32 down so much?
      73
      BobJ
      W4JPA
      Message 2 of 3 , May 9 12:50 PM
        I  suggest you don't use PITNC or NOPARAMS unless you are using a real TNC-PI. It could cause problems with other TNCs. The TNC-X is similar, but not the same.

        73, John

        Message 3 of 3 , May 9 1:48 PM
          OK commented that out until we move to TNC-pi KPC-3 not happy with ACMODE so not using anything at present. Things getting faster!