Thats It!

  • w4jpa
    Message 1 of 32 , May 9 10:23 AM
      Phew! No previous sysop experience but lots of help here and, We're on the air!

      >ID: <<UI>>:
      CQ de W4JPA-10 RMS Sebring FL

      (I think the untidy >ID etc line is my TNC - buts its trim)
      Users go straight into CMS on mycall-10 and BBS on mycall-8
      Only need to learn how to use the BBS so back to the docs!
      73 and thanks again all. Learned more here in last two weeks than last 10 years!

      > ID frames are always sent to ID and from the Node Call,. This can't be
      > changed, but can be disabled by setting IDINTERVAL to zero.
      >
      > Beacons are sent to the PORT UNPROTO path, and won't be sent if UNPROTO
      > isn't defined. The FROM call will be
      >
      > the PORT BCALL param if specified else APPLICATION 1 call if specified, else
      > the Node Call.
      >
      > You can't send beacons from more than one call, though you can include in
      > the text of the beacon what calls are availible - eg
      >
      > "Connect to mycall-8 for BBS mycall-10 for RMS"
      >
      > 73. John
      >
      > _____

    • vk2na
      Message 32 of 32 , May 10 11:38 PM

        Hello all.

        Ah I see BPQ has a Beacon now - setup from the web configuration pages!  Excellent.

        Good work John.

        Cheers,

        Dave.