Re: [BPQ32] TELNET Problems

  • Clayton Brantley
    Message 1 of 8 , May 8, 2013
      Not running Windo$ .  The Linux and Pi Linux is a slightly different animal.
      No .ddls to deal with.

      Clayton N4EV

      Message 2 of 8 , May 8, 2013
        You can check if you have another copy running with

        ps ax | grep linbpq

        73 John

        Still a novice finding my way here. I think I might have screwed up the config file!

        > failed binds usually indicate the port already in
        use, maybe a copy is

        ------------------------------------

        > > Yahoo! Groups
        Links

        > --
        > 73 Andre PE1RDW

      • Jerry
        Message 3 of 8 , May 8, 2013

          I had that same problem and quickly realized I had two instances running…  Everything still worked I just shutdown the extra instance.. and made sure two instances were not requested in the startup.. Which was my issue… J

          You can check if you have another copy running with

          ps ax | grep linbpq

          73 John

          Still a novice finding my way here. I think I might have screwed up the config file!

          > failed binds usually indicate the port already in use, maybe a copy is
          > already running
          >
          > On Wed, 08 May 2013 20:56:22 +0200, w4jpa <abjarvis@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Doing my best to clean up the bpq32.cfg file and I starting getting
          > >
          > > Initialising Port 01 Telnet Server bind(sock) failed port 8010 Error
          > > 98
          > > bind(sock) failed port 8011 Error 98
          > > bind(sock) failed port 8080 Error 98
          > >
          > > Ouch! was doing so well too. My config looks almost ID to the (Simple)
          > > example.

          > --
          > 73 Andre PE1RDW

        • w4jpa
          Message 4 of 8 , May 8, 2013
            Yep - I had put it in startup and got called away. So - well you all know what happened next! No excuses. Still, Johns snippet is now in my notes and I learned "fuser -k -n tcp 8010" today! Moved forward a bit.