Re: [BPQ32] TELNET Problems

  • PE1RDW
    Message 1 of 8 , May 8, 2013
      failed binds usualy indicate the port already in use, maybe a copy is
      already running

      On Wed, 08 May 2013 20:56:22 +0200, w4jpa <abjarvis@...> wrote:

      > Doing my best to clean up the bpq32.cfg file and I starting getting
      >
      > Initialising Port 01 Telnet Server bind(sock) failed port 8010 Error
      > 98
      > bind(sock) failed port 8011 Error 98
      > bind(sock) failed port 8080 Error 98
      >
      > Ouch! was doing so well too. My config looks almost ID to the (Simple)
      > example.

      73 Andre PE1RDW
    • w4jpa
      Message 2 of 8 , May 8, 2013
        Still a novice finding my way here. I think I might have screwed up the config file!

        > failed binds usually indicate the port already in use, maybe a copy is
        > already running
        >
        > On Wed, 08 May 2013 20:56:22 +0200, w4jpa <abjarvis@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Doing my best to clean up the bpq32.cfg file and I starting getting
        > >
        > > Initialising Port 01 Telnet Server bind(sock) failed port 8010 Error
        > > 98
        > > bind(sock) failed port 8011 Error 98
        > > bind(sock) failed port 8080 Error 98
        > >
        > > Ouch! was doing so well too. My config looks almost ID to the (Simple)
        > > example.

        > --
        > 73 Andre PE1RDW

      • Mike
        Message 3 of 8 , May 8, 2013
          A common mistake is to start the BPQ32.exe, this is not necessary,
          BPQ32.EXE will start with any BPQ Programs, I suspect you have two
          Processes of the same running.

          You can also click on the yellow BPQ Icon lower right of tool tray,
          BPQ32 Console, then select the BPQ32.DLL Console window inside of the
          BPQ32 MDI window, maximize the bpq32.dll console window, look for any
          Errors.

          Mike N9PMO

          Message 4 of 8 , May 8, 2013
            Not running Windo$ .  The Linux and Pi Linux is a slightly different animal.
            No .ddls to deal with.

            Clayton N4EV

            Message 5 of 8 , May 8, 2013
              You can check if you have another copy running with

              ps ax | grep linbpq

              73 John

              ------------------------------------

              > > Yahoo! Groups
              Links

              > --
              > 73 Andre PE1RDW

            • Jerry
              Message 6 of 8 , May 8, 2013

                I had that same problem and quickly realized I had two instances running…  Everything still worked I just shutdown the extra instance.. and made sure two instances were not requested in the startup.. Which was my issue… J

                You can check if you have another copy running with

                ps ax | grep linbpq

                73 John

                Still a novice finding my way here. I think I might have screwed up the config file!

                > failed binds usually indicate the port already in use, maybe a copy is
                > already running
                >
                > On Wed, 08 May 2013 20:56:22 +0200, w4jpa <abjarvis@...> wrote:
                >
                > > Doing my best to clean up the bpq32.cfg file and I starting getting
                > >
                > > Initialising Port 01 Telnet Server bind(sock) failed port 8010 Error
                > > 98
                > > bind(sock) failed port 8011 Error 98
                > > bind(sock) failed port 8080 Error 98
                > >
                > > Ouch! was doing so well too. My config looks almost ID to the (Simple)
                > > example.

                > --
                > 73 Andre PE1RDW

              • w4jpa
                Message 7 of 8 , May 8, 2013
                  Yep - I had put it in startup and got called away. So - well you all know what happened next! No excuses. Still, Johns snippet is now in my notes and I learned "fuser -k -n tcp 8010" today! Moved forward a bit.