BPQ issues with CC Cluster

  • ernie_ks4q
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2008
      I'm using a KPC-2400 TNC with CC Cluster. I've only temporarily
      gotten it working with the AGW interface. I'd like to get away from
      AGW because I think it is a little buggy and does not seem to run very
      long before locking up. Plus, I'd like to preserve the AX/IP options
      available in BPQ.

      I've got the KPC-2400 running in Kantronics KISS mode. It boots
      directly into KISS mode.

      I've included a few of my configuration files below in hopes that the
      group can help me trouble shoot my configuration. When trying to
      connect to my cluster via RF from a separate TNC/radio setup, I can
      connect but then immediately get disconnected.

      Here is my bpqcfg file:

      ;*************************************************

      HOSTINTERRUPT=127
      EMS=0
      DESQVIEW=0
      NODECALL=KS4Q-7 ; NODE CALLSIGN
      NODEALIAS=IPGA ; NODE ALIAS
      BBSCALL=KS4Q ; BBS CALLSIGN
      BBSALIAS=DXKS4Q ; BBS ALIAS
      IDMSG:
      DX PacketCluster Node IPGA:KS4Q
      ***
      INFOMSG:
      Welcome to the Georgia Gateway!
      IPGA is a 32 bit based BPQ Switch
      located in Cumming, Georgia, USA.
      AXIP/UDP Links -
      N5IN in Thief River Falls, Minnesota.
      K4FDX is experimental.
      Contact KS4Q (Sysop) for more info: ks4q@...
      ***
      CTEXT:
      Welcome to the KS4Q Node.
      Enter 'C KS4Q' to connect to the DX Cluster
      or, type ? for list of available commands.
      ***
      FULL CTEXT=0
      OBSINIT=6
      OBSMIN=4
      NODESINTERVAL=15
      IDINTERVAL=10
      BTINTERVAL=0
      L3TIMETOLIVE=25
      L4RETRIES=4
      L4TIMEOUT=120
      L4DELAY=10
      L4WINDOW=4
      MAXLINKS=63
      MAXNODES=120
      MAXROUTES=35
      MAXCIRCUITS=126
      MINQUAL=168
      BBSQUAL=255
      BUFFERS=255
      PACLEN=236
      TRANSDELAY=1
      T3=120
      IDLETIME=720
      AUTOSAVE=1
      BBS=1
      NODE=1
      HIDENODES=1
      ENABLE_LINKED=N

      PORT
      PORTNUM=1
      ID=AXIP/UDP Link
      TYPE=EXTERNAL
      DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL
      QUALITY=192
      MAXFRAME=2
      FRACK=3000
      RESPTIME=1000
      RETRIES=10
      PACLEN=236
      ENDPORT

      PORT
      PORTNUM=2
      ID=145.55 RF Port
      TYPE=ASYNC
      PROTOCOL=KISS
      IOADDR=3
      SPEED=9600
      CHANNEL=A
      QUALITY=192
      MAXFRAME=7
      TXDELAY=300
      TXTAIL=50
      MINQUAL=168
      SLOTTIME=100
      PERSIST=200
      FULLDUP=0
      FRACK=4000
      RESPTIME=600
      RETRIES=10
      PACLEN=236
      INTERLOCK=0
      L3ONLY=0
      DIGIFLAG=1
      DIGIPORT=0
      USERS=0
      ENDPORT

      ROUTES:
      N5IN-3,223,1
      K2CAN-3,223,1
      ***
      APPLICATIONS=DX

      ;***************************************

      Below is my BPQ to AGW Config file....do I even need this if I'm not
      using AGW?
      ;************************************

      ; Config file for BPQtoAGW
      ;
      ; For each AGW port defined in BPQCFG.TXT, optionally add a line here.
      ; Fields are BPQPort, HostName or Address, TCPPort, UserName, Password.
      ;
      ; UserName and Password need be specified only if AGWPE is configured
      to require them.
      ;
      ; Any unspecified BPQPorts will use 127.0.0.1 and TCPPort from
      BPQCFG.TXT IOADDR field, thus
      ; if AGWPE is on the same machine, no definition need be provided.
      ;
      ; You must remove the leading ':' to activate the definitions:
      ;
      ; In the following definition, for BPQPort 2, the AGWPE session used
      is on a remote
      ; machine with URL 'gm8bpq.no-ip.com', using TCPPort '8001'. That
      AGWPE session is configured
      ; to require a UserName of 'GM8BPQ' and a password of 'password'.
      ;
      ;2 gm8bpq.no-ip.com 8001 GM8BPQ password
      ;
      ; In the following definition, for BPQPort 3, the AGWPE session used
      is on the same
      ; machine. As such this definition is actually unnecessary.
      ;
      ;
      ; If this file is missing BPQtoAGW.dll will take it's configuration
      entirely from
      ; it's PORT definition in bpqcfg.txt.

      ;****************************************************

      Here is my bpqaxip file below:

      #Map file for AXIP and UDP to callsign mapping for bpq32axip
      UDP 10093
      MAP N5IN-3 DXSPOTS.COM KEEPALIVE 30 UDP 10093
      MAP NODES DXSPOTS.COM UDP 10093
      MAP K2CAN-3 K2CAN.NET KEEPALIVE 30 UDP 10093
      MAP NODES K2CAN.NET UDP 10093
      MAP K4FDX 192.168.1.51 KEEPALIVE 30 UDP 10093
      MAP NODES 192.168.1.51 UDP 10093

      Anyone have any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong. I've followed
      the N5IN setup instructions from his document detailing the setup for
      CC Cluster.

      I'm running the CC Cluster program, the VE7CC winsock program, the
      AGW-CC Cluster program agwccc.exe version 1.023B, AGWtoBPQ version
      1.1.0 and of course BPQ32.

      Perhaps since I'm not using a soundcard as a TNC, I'm not needing to
      run one of the above programs?

      Ernie KS4Q