RE: [BPQ32] Loopback Testing

  • N9ACQ
    Message 1 of 6 , May 6, 2013

                      That should work.

      73 Bill

      N9ACQ

    • w4jpa
      Message 2 of 6 , May 7, 2013
        Bill, I was forgetting that the TNC-Pi is getting a ton of (Ax25) control stuff down the RS232 pipe so that wouldn't work. To get a clean signal crossover I looked at connecting the TNCs back to back - this should work but for the signal levels which are very low. I'll pick up a couple of Lm386'S one the way home from work today and try that. If it 'aint one thing it's another!
        73
        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "N9ACQ" <n9acq@...> wrote:

        > That should work.
        >
        > 73 Bill
        >
        > N9ACQ

      • N9ACQ
        Message 3 of 6 , May 7, 2013

          Bob

                          An amplifier should not be necessary. A common method of setting TNC xmit tones of a TNC is to use a loopback plug on the TNC audio connector.

          73 Bill

          N9ACQ

          Message 4 of 6 , May 7, 2013
            I've connected two TNC-PI's together with an audo crossover, and that worked fine. I've also connected UZ7HO soundmodem to the PI. I guess it depends on the sensitivity of the other TNC.

            73, John G8BPQ

            Bill, I was forgetting that the TNC-Pi is getting a ton of (Ax25) control stuff down the RS232 pipe so that wouldn't work. To get a clean signal crossover I looked at connecting the TNCs back to back - this should work but for the signal levels which are very low. I'll pick up a couple of Lm386'S one the way home from work today and try that. If it 'aint one thing it's another!
            73
            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "N9ACQ" <n9acq@...> wrote:

            > That should work.
            >
            > 73
            Bill

            > N9ACQ

          • w4jpa
            Message 5 of 6 , May 7, 2013
              My problem was straight B2B didn't work! However I found that a a 0.047uF cap in the KPC-3 Audio out line worked nicelly. Now its on to tidying things up with the connect scripts etc.
              BobJ
              W4JPA