Re: Error trying to update using Installer BPQ32_6.0.1.1_20130322

  • chris_g0cng
    Message 1 of 5 , May 5 3:33 AM
      Thanks John. Just downloaded and updated bpq32.dll in my Windows/System directory. File date is now 21/03/2013 and size is 1.192KB and tried the Installer again.

      STILL NO JOY - EXACTLY THE SAME ERROR AS BEFORE:-( :-(

      As soon as i try to start anything I get the error

      PROGRAM ERROR CANNOT FIND DBGHELP.DLL

      So, going to have to roll back yet again:-(

      My Operating System is
      Windows 98 Second Edition 4.10.2222A

      Hope we can find a solution soon!
      Chris

      Message 2 of 5 , May 5 4:21 AM
        Chris,

        That link should give you a zip containing

        26/04/2013  09:39         1,245,184 bpq32.dll

        You need to run the installer, then replace bpq32.dll with the one from the zip.

        73, John

        href="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/bpq32_98_2K.zip">https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/bpq32_98_2K.zip

        Message 3 of 5 , May 5 1:39 PM
          YAY!! ALL WORKING NOW.
          The mistake I was making earlier was to update bpq32.dll and then run the installer which replaced it with the Win XP and above version which did not work with WIN98 SE.
          I've now run the installer AND THEN replaced bpq32.dll that IT installed with the one from the zip file and Yippeee everything starts perfectly.
          At last GB7MAX is fully up to date version wise.

          Thank you John for all your help and advice today. Really appreciated. AND --- for all the hard work you continue to put in further developing BPQ32. Its a FAB piece of software.

          73
          Chris G0CNG