Re: Drsi cards

    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 19, 2008
      I've uploaded bpqhdlc.vxd. As stated below, this has not been tested
      for quite a while, but did work last time I had a machine with ISA
      slots.

      Good luck, and any reports (positive or negative) would be
      appreciated.

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "JAMES BEEMAN" <n8yib@...> wrote:

      > Thanks John
      > I did a search for bpqhdlc.vxd and did not find it
      > what I did find was other messages from people looking for
      > it to.
      > if anyone has it or can find it would you please send it
      > to me.
      > thanks Ron N8YIB
      > email: n8yib@...
      >

      > On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 07:51:34 -0000
      > "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@...> wrote:
      > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Stordahl N5IN"
      > ><ron_n5in@>
      > > wrote:
      > >>
      > >> --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "JAMES BEEMAN" <n8yib@>

      > >>computer
      > >>fix
      > >> >

      > >> This question has come up before and John, G8BPQ, has
      > >>said that
      > > BPQ32
      > >> does not support HDLC cards (of which the DRSI is one
      > >>example).
      > >>
      > >> I know they were convenient, but as ISA cards they are
      > >>only
      > > compatible
      > >> with quite old machines. But obviously such old
      > >>machines can still
      > > run
      > >> W9X....no offense intended to your 'old' computer! HI!
      > >>
      > >> Ron, N5IN
      > >>

      > > Actually not quite true. I no longer have a machine with
      > >ISA bus, so
      > > can't develop any new support, but I did have DRSI cards
      > >working with
      > > bpq32 on Win98. You need bpqhdlc.vxd, which you should
      > >be able to
      > > find somewhere on the net. I'm away from home at the
      > >moment, so can't
      > > supply it. I can't be certain that changes I've made to
      > >the code
      > > since I last tried DRSI (about 5 years) havn't upset
      > >things. They
      > > definitely won't work with NT/W2k/XP
      > >
      > > 73,
      > > John

    • ws7i
      Message 2 of 18 , May 31 8:30 AM
        Perhaps this has been answered. I switch used ID's. But its in the
        file area here and has been since April 19th. I have plenty of
        DRSI's laying around. I will attempt to check it out in the near
        future as one of these old boxes has an ISA port I believe.

        > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Stordahl N5IN" <ron_n5in@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "JAMES BEEMAN" <n8yib@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I have 2 dual port drsi cards in an old 500mhz computer
        > > > running win98 when I try to load BPQ32 it can find
        > > > HDLC.VXD
        > > > to run them but if I run in DOS runs great is there a fix
        > > > for this or does BPQ32 not like DRSI cards
        > > > Ron N8yIB
        > > >

        > > This question has come up before and John, G8BPQ, has said that
        > BPQ32
        > > does not support HDLC cards (of which the DRSI is one example).
        > >
        > > I know they were convenient, but as ISA cards they are only
        > compatible
        > > with quite old machines. But obviously such old machines can
        still
        > run
        > > W9X....no offense intended to your 'old' computer! HI!
        > >
        > > Ron, N5IN
        > >

        > Actually not quite true. I no longer have a machine with ISA bus,
        so
        > can't develop any new support, but I did have DRSI cards working
        with
        > bpq32 on Win98. You need bpqhdlc.vxd, which you should be able to
        > find somewhere on the net. I'm away from home at the moment, so
        can't
        > supply it. I can't be certain that changes I've made to the code
        > since I last tried DRSI (about 5 years) havn't upset things. They
        > definitely won't work with NT/W2k/XP

      • n4zkf
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 24, 2009
          OK, I thought I would give BPQ32 and DRSI a try again. I can't get it
          to run. (imagine that) I have in the bpqcft.txt file

          TYPE=DRSI
          PROTOCOL=HDLC
          IOADDR=310H
          INTLEVEL=3

          I get an invalid page fault in BPQ32.DLL

          What do I have wrong here?

          Dave n4zkf

          I get an error when trying to bring FBB up in

          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 28, 2009
            Guess no one had any suggestions. Dave

            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 28, 2009
              Message
              Probably not!

              If you are using W2K or above, it will not work.

              If you are using W98 and have bpqhdlc.vxd installed, then it might. Last time I had a machine with ISA slots it did, but there have been many changes to bpq32 since then that could have upset it. If you are running 98, and send me the details of the page fault, I will try to find what is going wrong, but without a machine to test on in may be difficult.

              I have almost completed a driver for W2K and above, but until I get hold of an ISA motherboard to test it I can't complete it.

              73,
              John G8BPQ

              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 28, 2009

                Dave

                Didn’t you have the DSRI working with BPQ32f?

                I don’t know if BPQ will like the IOADDR=310H and INTLEVEL=3

                Maybe try without INTLEVEL (Comment Out)

                Please make sure to Compile the bpqcfg.txt then BPQ Console Window, Action, Save Nodes, RE-READ BPQCFG.BIN

                Mike Melnik N9PMO

                "Ron Stordahl N5IN" <ron_n5in@>

                "JAMES BEEMAN" <n8yib@> wrote:

                > > > This question has come up before and John, G8BPQ, has said that
                > > BPQ32
                > > > does not support HDLC cards (of which the DRSI is one example).
                > > >
                > > > I know they were convenient, but as ISA cards they are only
                > > compatible
                > > > with quite old machines. But obviously such old machines can
                still
                > > run
                > > > W9X....no offense intended to your 'old' computer! HI!
                > > >
                > > > Ron, N5IN
                > > >

                > > Actually not quite true. I no longer have a machine with ISA bus, so
                > > can't develop any new support, but I did have DRSI cards working with
                > > bpq32 on Win98. You need bpqhdlc.vxd, which you should be able to
                > > find somewhere on the net. I'm away from home at the moment, so can't
                > > supply it. I can't be certain that changes I've made to the code
                > > since I last tried DRSI (about 5 years) havn't upset things. They
                > > definitely won't work with NT/W2k/XP
                > >
                > > 73,
                > > John

              • D.Calder
                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 28, 2009

                  Win 98. I the vxd installed. As we discussed before, I’ll get you a MB with ISA slots. How much can it be to ship it over there?

                  I have PII boards with ISA that will work fine. I’ll give you one.

                  73 Dave

                  > OK, I thought I would give BPQ32 and DRSI a try again. I can't get it
                  > to run. (imagine that) I have in the bpqcft.txt file
                  >
                  > TYPE=DRSI
                  > PROTOCOL=HDLC
                  > IOADDR=310H
                  > INTLEVEL=3
                  >
                  > I get an invalid page fault in BPQ32.DLL
                  >
                  > What do I have wrong here?
                  >
                  > Dave n4zkf
                  >

                  > I get an error when trying to bring FBB up in

                  > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Stordahl N5IN" <ron_n5in@>
                  > > wrote:

                  > > > This question has come up before and John, G8BPQ, has said that
                  > > BPQ32
                  > > > does not support HDLC cards (of which the DRSI is one example).
                  > > >
                  > > > I know they were convenient, but as ISA cards they are only
                  > > compatible
                  > > > with quite old machines. But obviously such old machines can still
                  > > run
                  > > > W9X....no offense intended to your 'old' computer! HI!
                  > > >
                  > > > Ron, N5IN
                  > > >

                  > > Actually not quite true. I no longer have a machine with ISA bus, so
                  > > can't develop any new support, but I did have DRSI cards working with
                  > > bpq32 on Win98. You need bpqhdlc.vxd, which you should be able to
                  > > find somewhere on the net. I'm away from home at the moment, so can't
                  > > supply it. I can't be certain that changes I've made to the code
                  > > since I last tried DRSI (about 5 years) havn't upset things. They
                  > > definitely won't work with NT/W2k/XP
                  > >
                  > > 73,
                  > > John

                • D.Calder
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 28, 2009

                    Tried that first. But thanks. I always compile after a change.

                    "Ron Stordahl N5IN" <ron_n5in@>

                    "JAMES BEEMAN" <n8yib@> wrote:

                    > > > This question has come up before and John, G8BPQ, has said that
                    > > BPQ32
                    > > > does not support HDLC cards (of which the DRSI is one example).
                    > > >
                    > > > I know they were convenient, but as ISA cards they are only
                    > > compatible
                    > > > with quite old machines. But obviously such old machines can
                    still
                    > > run
                    > > > W9X....no offense intended to your 'old' computer! HI!
                    > > >
                    > > > Ron, N5IN
                    > > >

                    > > Actually not quite true. I no longer have a machine with ISA bus, so
                    > > can't develop any new support, but I did have DRSI cards working with
                    > > bpq32 on Win98. You need bpqhdlc.vxd, which you should be able to
                    > > find somewhere on the net. I'm away from home at the moment, so can't
                    > > supply it. I can't be certain that changes I've made to the code
                    > > since I last tried DRSI (about 5 years) havn't upset things. They
                    > > definitely won't work with NT/W2k/XP
                    > >
                    > > 73,
                    > > John

                  • Danny PD0SNK
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 29, 2009
                      Hi John and Group.

                      Nice to hear that you are busy with a driver hopefully it wil also run with the PA0HZP SCC card and others.

                      I went back to bpq409d but my system hangs every time with it.

                      with bpq32 its mutch more stable together with winfbb32 and tnc under win XP.

                      i see that you are getting a mobo with ISA slots :)
                      Well ik i keep monitoring the files section i cant wait to switch back to my scc card with BPQ :)

                      I used xrouter for some time but i  want to get rid of win98 but not the SCC card hi.

                      Ok keep up the good work John !

                      73's Danny PD0SNK/NL2SNE

                      Well
                    • n4zkf
                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 1, 2009
                        I installed up to BPQ32 4.10C this morning and installed it with
                        WinFBB and it worked well with the DRSI cards! (I'm still sending you
                        an ISA MB John to continue development) I did want you to know it worked.

                        The only problem I had, is with WinFBB. I hadn't run it in awhile (the
                        buggy version) and it would clear out the inf.sys file (user file)
                        when it ran housekeeping. But the DRSI did work with BPQ32!

                        I'll play more later but have to run out now.

                        73 Dave

                        Message 11 of 18 , Feb 1, 2009
                          Message
                          Thanks, Dave.

                          I'm glad it still works. That should help me track down what is wrong with the latest version.