Re: WL2K & BBS

  • w4jpa
    Message 1 of 5 , May 4 9:02 AM
      John.

      Yes, I have been using this document (thanks) and as mentioned previously HAVE Linbpq32_RMS RUNNING for days. I'm able to connect via VHF & telnet and send/receive Wl2K emails once I have entered "rms" to connect to a CMS. That part did not take long!

      However, when I try to use RMS Express the program connects but then stalls. (I believe it's waiting to for an "rms").

      On the BBS; I currently get a "BUSY" message. Hopefully with more reading I'll soon have this under control.

      Message 2 of 5 , May 4 9:13 AM
        Bob,

        You shouldnt need to enter RMS if you connect to the RMS callsign - that is why RMS Express isn't working. What do you have for the node call - it must be different from the RMS and BBS calls (ie not -8 or -10).

        Once you have the BBS active and configured the BUSY should go away.

        73, John

        href="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/LinBPQ_RMSGateway.html">https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/LinBPQ_RMSGateway.html

        > to get the RMS gateway going with an ax.25 TNC. You can ignore all the
        stuff
        > about HF modes.
        >
        > Once that is working and you can
        connect to the CMS using both RF and
        > Telnet, activate the BBS. Add the
        following lines to bpq32,cfg

        > APPLICATION 2,BBS,,W4JPA-8

        LINMAIL

        > Restart linbpq, and use a browser connecting to HTTPORT
        to configure the BBS
        > - the minimum you need are BBS call (W4JPA), BBS
        Appl No (2), Streams (10).
        > Save config and restart again,
        >
        > Connects to -10 will go to the CMS, -8 to the BBS

        [BPQ32] WL2K & BBS

        > We
        are currently running a simple (Ax25/Telnet) RMS Gate; W4JPA-10. User use
        > RMS Express to directly connect to it and email the W2LK
        System.

        > We would like to co-host a BBS (only) using
        W4JPA-8

        > QUESTIONS
        >
        > Is linbpq32 "overkill" for
        our needs. We do not require to connect to other
        > nodes, No Pactor/Winmor
        etc etc.

        > IF NOT
        >
        > How do we "separate" the -10
        RMS and -8 BBS?

        > Our linbpq32 test site will not allow RMS
        Express straight through - It
        > connects but I imagine it's hanging at the
        command line. Fix?

        > How d we set up that BBS.?

        I have really plowed through a number of d ocuments of which there are a lot
        > and currently envisage a bpg32.cfg with all the network parameters
        turned
        > off. Autosave & Nodes = 0. With only CMS, TCPORT and FBBPORT
        Ports. Plus the
        > APPLICATION for RMS BBS an LINMAIL. But still finding it
        hard to sort out
        > the redirects for -10's and -8 calls and the -10 direct
        to CMS. Hopefully,
        > in this is a user group, someone will have done
        similar and have some
        > pointers.
        >
        > 73

        BobJ

        > W4JPA

      • w4jpa
        Message 3 of 5 , May 5 3:06 AM
          My nodecall was (in my ignorance) W4JPA-10 but soon changed to W4JPA-2 and that seemed to do it;
          -10 puts me straight thru to CMS to send/receive emails.
          -8 to the BBS.
          -2 puts me somewhere but not sure where yet!
          But overall a great leap forward - Thank you.