RE: [BPQ32] WL2K & BBS

    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2013
      Bob,

      No, it isn't overkill - it is designed so you can use as much or as little of it as you want

      I suggested you follow the instructions at

      to get the RMS gateway going with an ax.25 TNC. You can ignore all the stuff about HF modes.

      Once that is working and you can connect to the CMS using both RF and Telnet, activate the BBS. Add the following lines to bpq32,cfg

      APPLICATION 2,BBS,,W4JPA-8
      LINMAIL

      Restart linbpq, and use a browser connecting to HTTPORT to configure the BBS - the minimum you need are BBS call (W4JPA), BBS Appl No (2), Streams (10). Save config and restart again,

      Connects to -10 will go to the CMS, -8 to the BBS

      73, John

      Message 2 of 5 , May 4, 2013
        John.

        Yes, I have been using this document (thanks) and as mentioned previously HAVE Linbpq32_RMS RUNNING for days. I'm able to connect via VHF & telnet and send/receive Wl2K emails once I have entered "rms" to connect to a CMS. That part did not take long!

        However, when I try to use RMS Express the program connects but then stalls. (I believe it's waiting to for an "rms").

        On the BBS; I currently get a "BUSY" message. Hopefully with more reading I'll soon have this under control.

        Message 3 of 5 , May 4, 2013
          Bob,

          You shouldnt need to enter RMS if you connect to the RMS callsign - that is why RMS Express isn't working. What do you have for the node call - it must be different from the RMS and BBS calls (ie not -8 or -10).

          Once you have the BBS active and configured the BUSY should go away.

          73, John

          href="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/LinBPQ_RMSGateway.html">https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/LinBPQ_RMSGateway.html

          > to get the RMS gateway going with an ax.25 TNC. You can ignore all the
          stuff
          > about HF modes.
          >
          > Once that is working and you can
          connect to the CMS using both RF and
          > Telnet, activate the BBS. Add the
          following lines to bpq32,cfg

          > APPLICATION 2,BBS,,W4JPA-8

          LINMAIL

          > Restart linbpq, and use a browser connecting to HTTPORT
          to configure the BBS
          > - the minimum you need are BBS call (W4JPA), BBS
          Appl No (2), Streams (10).
          > Save config and restart again,
          >
          > Connects to -10 will go to the CMS, -8 to the BBS

          [BPQ32] WL2K & BBS

          > We
          are currently running a simple (Ax25/Telnet) RMS Gate; W4JPA-10. User use
          > RMS Express to directly connect to it and email the W2LK
          System.

          > We would like to co-host a BBS (only) using
          W4JPA-8

          > QUESTIONS
          >
          > Is linbpq32 "overkill" for
          our needs. We do not require to connect to other
          > nodes, No Pactor/Winmor
          etc etc.

          > IF NOT
          >
          > How do we "separate" the -10
          RMS and -8 BBS?

          > Our linbpq32 test site will not allow RMS
          Express straight through - It
          > connects but I imagine it's hanging at the
          command line. Fix?

          > How d we set up that BBS.?

          I have really plowed through a number of d ocuments of which there are a lot
          > and currently envisage a bpg32.cfg with all the network parameters
          turned
          > off. Autosave & Nodes = 0. With only CMS, TCPORT and FBBPORT
          Ports. Plus the
          > APPLICATION for RMS BBS an LINMAIL. But still finding it
          hard to sort out
          > the redirects for -10's and -8 calls and the -10 direct
          to CMS. Hopefully,
          > in this is a user group, someone will have done
          similar and have some
          > pointers.
          >
          > 73

          BobJ

          > W4JPA

        • w4jpa
          Message 4 of 5 , May 5, 2013
            My nodecall was (in my ignorance) W4JPA-10 but soon changed to W4JPA-2 and that seemed to do it;
            -10 puts me straight thru to CMS to send/receive emails.
            -8 to the BBS.
            -2 puts me somewhere but not sure where yet!
            But overall a great leap forward - Thank you.