UIview32 not transmitting with BPQ32_6.0.1.1_20130322 [2]

  • g4fvg
    Message 1 of 8 , May 3 7:28 AM
      Hello John and the group,

      Many thanks for your prompt/timely reply - much appreciated [as is all the work that you have done with BPQ32 in the past few months/years!]

      Just to check my installation, I 'over-installed' 5.2.9.1 on top of 6.0.1.1 and UIview transmits as before [along with BPQ32 terminal, Winpack, BPQ terminal in Winpack and BPQAPRS messaging]. All OK.

      Then tried 6.0.1.1 again, restarted computer, then clicked on BPQHostmode to call the console screen up. Using the separate terminal window, normal connection requests/transmissions occur.
      BPQAPRS is also OK with messages being acknowledged. These tests were done without UIview being loaded.
      However when UIview is loaded after the above, UIView32 once again does not transmit anything, but happily receives incoming data.
      With UIview still loaded, Winpack IS transmitting OK, as is BPQAPRS.

      From the above, it appears as though something has changed with the way that 6.0.1.1 exchanges information with UIView [ONLY], compared to 5.2.9.1 ??? [All my BPQ files have remained the same, all I do is just to double click on the .exe installer files; I'm a simple plug and play operator!!!]

      I checked on the BPQ32 files/links area but Ron hasn't included any intermediate installers between Sept 2012 and March 2013 [perhaps there weren't any??!]. I was hoping to try an intermediate stage to see the effect of Uiview but am obviously unable to do so.....

      I'm willing to try anything else - in the meantime, I'll go back to 5.2.9.1.....
      [for info, I prefer UIview's station tracking feature and its messaging, compared to BPQAPRS. But the BPQAPRS online maps are great!! ]

      Thanks,
      Mike

      --- John wrote:
      > You should be able to install 5.2.9.1 over 6.0.1.1 without uninstalling anything (but taking a copy is a wise precaution!)
      >
      > I haven't tried UIView lately, but I have tested Winpack and APRS.
      >
      > Do the other programs work if you don't run UI-View? If so, there may be something wrong with the interface UIView uses.
      >
      > Can you transmit using the terminal window? If not, the most likely cause is something in the config file which was ok with the old version, but not the new.
      >
      > 73, john

      = = = = From g4fvg on 03 May 2013 10:16

      Message 2 of 8 , May 3 9:05 AM
        Ok, Mike,

        I've just found UIView32 on this system, and it seems to be working as well

        Is anyone else having problems with V6 and UIView32 - or even running it successfully?

        73, John

        Many thanks for your prompt/timely reply - much appreciated [as is all the work that you have done with BPQ32 in the past few months/years!]

        Just to check my installation, I 'over-installed' 5.2.9.1 on top of 6.0.1.1 and UIview transmits as before [along with BPQ32 terminal, Winpack, BPQ terminal in Winpack and BPQAPRS messaging]. All OK.

        Then tried 6.0.1.1 again, restarted computer, then clicked on BPQHostmode to call the console screen up. Using the separate terminal window, normal connection requests/transmissions occur.
        BPQAPRS is also OK with messages being acknowledged. These tests were done without UIview being loaded.
        However when UIview is loaded after the above, UIView32 once again does not transmit anything, but happily receives incoming data.
        With UIview still loaded, Winpack IS transmitting OK, as is BPQAPRS.

        From the above, it appears as though something has changed with the way that 6.0.1.1 exchanges information with UIView [ONLY], compared to 5.2.9.1 ??? [All my BPQ files have remained the same, all I do is just to double click on the .exe installer files; I'm a simple plug and play operator!!!]

        =

        =

        > For info, running Windows XP/SP3, UIView32 set to BPQ32
        communication mode, Winpack/BPQHostmode and BPQAPRS all at the same time via serial port COM4 into a TNC > radio etc.

        > Thanks,

        Mike

      • Ron Patten
        Message 3 of 8 , May 4 8:28 AM
          UIview32 runs fine here.

          Ron
        • g4fvg
          Message 4 of 8 , May 14 11:54 PM
            Thanks John for your information and to Ron KG6HSQ for his own confirmation in the last ten days or so, in message nr 10496.

            It would appear as though only two stations are using UIview32 with BPQ32 and with only my system not working with version 6.0.1.1, I'll have to stick with 5.2.9.1 :-(

            Perhaps my UIview will work with the next upgrade version, as and when. I'll certainly try it! :-)

            = = = =

            In the meantime, would I be safe to over-install 6.0.1.1, copy the BPQAPRS files from that version; over-install 5.2.9.1 and paste the new BPQAPRS files over the top of the old BPQAPRS files??

            Hopefully, by doing this, I can use the newer BPQAPRS with the older BPQ32 version... [or are there too many non-compatible changes between the two versions??]

            Thanks again,
            Mike

            Message 5 of 8 , May 15 12:06 AM
              Mike,

              I'm pretty sure the new BPQAPRS.exe will work with the old BPQ32.dll, but it won't do any harm to try it.

              But unless we find why it isn't working the chances of it being fixed in the next verison is remote. Could you send me your bpq32.cfg and the UIView .ini files and I'll see if I can reproduce your problem here.

              Thanks,
              John

              --- John wrote:

              > I've just found UIView32 on this system, and it seems to be
              working as well

              > Is anyone else having problems with V6 and
              UIView32 - or even
              > running it successfully?
              >
              > _____
              >
              > Mike wrote on 03 May 2013 15:28
              > Subject: [BPQ32]
              UIview32 not transmitting with BPQ32_6.0.1.1_20130322 [2]

              > Hello
              John and the group,

              > Many thanks for your prompt/timely reply -
              much appreciated [as is
              > all the work that you have done with BPQ32 in
              the past few
              > months/years!]
              >
              > Just to check my
              installation, I 'over-installed' 5.2.9.1 on top of
              > 6.0.1.1 and UIview
              transmits as before [along with BPQ32 terminal,
              > Winpack, BPQ terminal
              in Winpack and BPQAPRS messaging]. All OK.

              > Then tried 6.0.1.1
              again, restarted computer, then clicked on
              > BPQHostmode to call the
              console screen up. Using the separate
              > terminal window, normal
              connection requests/transmissions occur.
              > BPQAPRS is also OK with
              messages being acknowledged.
              > These tests were done without UIview being
              loaded.

              > However when UIview is loaded after the above, UIView32 once
              again
              > does not transmit anything, but happily receives incoming
              data.
              > With UIview still loaded, Winpack IS transmitting OK, as is
              BPQAPRS.

              > From the above, it appears as though something has
              changed with
              > the way that 6.0.1.1 exchanges information with UIView
              [ONLY],
              > compared to 5.2.9.1 ???
              > [All my BPQ files have remained
              the same, all I do is just to
              > double click on the .exe installer files;
              I'm a simple plug and
              > play operator!!!]
              >

              > I'm
              willing to try anything else - in the meantime, I'll go back to

              5.2.9.1.....
              > [for info, I prefer UIview's station tracking feature and
              its
              > messaging, compared to BPQAPRS. But the BPQAPRS online maps are
              > great!! ]
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Mike

            • g4fvg
              Message 6 of 8 , May 15 9:13 AM
                Thanks John for your offer of continued assistance and I have already emailed you 'direct'/off list with my config files.

                I can also confirm that yes, BPQAPRS.exe version 1.1.4.1 from version 6.0.1.1 does work with the remainder of the 5.2.9.1 setup. :-)

                Await your findings in due course,
                Mike G4FVG