RE: [BPQ32] Re: BPQ32, WINMOR TNC and KISS

  • Jerry
    Message 1 of 16 , May 2 3:19 PM

      Ok… I see.. No ..

      Maybe john can add that in …

      I did not know UIView 32 could… I quit using UIVIEW in favor of BPQAPRS…

      73

      Message 2 of 16 , May 2 3:44 PM

        Steiner

                        Programs must have either the BPQ, AGW , WINMOR or virtual com ;port that emulates a KAM/+. That may be the route you need to investigate. I use it for Paclink - BPQ – WINMOR.

        73 Bill

        N9ACQ

        Message 3 of 16 , May 3 1:02 AM
          Not yet.

          But it was designed to  - I just never got round to do doing it.

          It would be pretty easy to add WINMOR FEC to BPQAPRS, it would take much more effort to write something that emulated a KISS TNC so it could be used by other APRS programs.

          73, John

          Yes, but is able to run APPS through WINMOR FEC mode?

          LA5VNA Steinar
          loc:JO59jq

          Den 02.05.2013 23:58, skrev Jerry:

          > Try
          BPQAPRS.

          To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

          > Well, aprsis32 is the APRS software I am using. I
          find it more clean and
          > intuitive than UI-View32
          >
          > LA5VNA
          Steinar
          > loc:JO59jq
          >
          > Den 02.05.2013 22:09, skrev John
          Wiseman:
          >> Ok,
          >>
          >> It would be a lot easier to
          interface to the BPQ32 APRS software, Do you
          >> particularly want to
          use aprsis32?

          >> John
          >>
          >> _____
          >>
          >> From:
          > [mailto:
          > Of

          Steinar Aanesland
          >> Sent: 02 May 2013 21:01
          >> To:
          >> Subject: Re: [BPQ32] Re:
          BPQ32, WINMOR TNC and KISS

          ,

          >> That is exactly what I am thinking about :) I am
          looking forward to this
          >> option , if you got the time
          ;)

          >> LA5VNA Steinar

          loc:JO59jq

          >> Den 02.05.2013 21:35, skrev John
          Wiseman:
          >>> It would be possible to send APRS messages as WINMOR
          FEC packets. I did
          >>> think about doing it once, but never gor
          round to it. Maybe now is the
          >> time!
          >>> When I have an
          hour or two to spare I'll have a look at it.

          >>> The
          same could be done using V4.

          >>> 73,
          John

          From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

          <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>
          >> [mailto:

          played a lot with APRS on HF lately with great fun.

          >>> The challenge on HF is the 300baud packet mode,
          but then I was thinking
          >> what
          >>> about using winmor in
          stead? I know that BPQ32 work with the winmor tnc

          and
          >>> what I would like was a possibility to connect my aprsis32
          software to
          >>> winmor tnc using bpq32 as a sort of gateway.
          >>>
          >>> la5vna S
          >>>
          >>> --- In
          BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

          <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

          <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "John
          >>> Wiseman"
          <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

          Steinar.

> [...]
          do - there may be a way!