Re: [BPQ32] Re: BPQ32, WINMOR TNC and KISS

  • Steinar Aanesland
    Message 1 of 16 , May 2, 2013
      Yes, but is able to run APPS through WINMOR FEC mode?

      LA5VNA Steinar
      loc:JO59jq

    • Jerry
      Message 2 of 16 , May 2, 2013

        Ok… I see.. No ..

        Maybe john can add that in …

        I did not know UIView 32 could… I quit using UIVIEW in favor of BPQAPRS…

        73

        Yes, but is able to run APPS through WINMOR FEC mode?

        LA5VNA Steinar
        loc:JO59jq

        Den 02.05.2013 23:58, skrev Jerry:

        > Try BPQAPRS.

      • N9ACQ
        Message 3 of 16 , May 2, 2013

          Steiner

                          Programs must have either the BPQ, AGW , WINMOR or virtual com ;port that emulates a KAM/+. That may be the route you need to investigate. I use it for Paclink - BPQ – WINMOR.

          73 Bill

          N9ACQ

          Message 4 of 16 , May 3, 2013
            Not yet.

            But it was designed to  - I just never got round to do doing it.

            It would be pretty easy to add WINMOR FEC to BPQAPRS, it would take much more effort to write something that emulated a KISS TNC so it could be used by other APRS programs.

            73, John

            Yes, but is able to run APPS through WINMOR FEC mode?

            LA5VNA Steinar
            loc:JO59jq

            Den 02.05.2013 23:58, skrev Jerry:

            > Try
            BPQAPRS.

            To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

            > Well, aprsis32 is the APRS software I am using. I
            find it more clean and
            > intuitive than UI-View32
            >
            > LA5VNA
            Steinar
            > loc:JO59jq
            >
            > Den 02.05.2013 22:09, skrev John
            Wiseman:
            >> Ok,
            >>
            >> It would be a lot easier to
            interface to the BPQ32 APRS software, Do you
            >> particularly want to
            use aprsis32?

            >> John
            >>
            >> _____
            >>
            >> From:
            > [mailto:
            > Of

            Steinar Aanesland
            >> Sent: 02 May 2013 21:01
            >> To:
            >> Subject: Re: [BPQ32] Re:
            BPQ32, WINMOR TNC and KISS

            ,

            >> That is exactly what I am thinking about :) I am
            looking forward to this
            >> option , if you got the time
            ;)

            >> LA5VNA Steinar

            loc:JO59jq

            >> Den 02.05.2013 21:35, skrev John
            Wiseman:
            >>> It would be possible to send APRS messages as WINMOR
            FEC packets. I did
            >>> think about doing it once, but never gor
            round to it. Maybe now is the
            >> time!
            >>> When I have an
            hour or two to spare I'll have a look at it.

            >>> The
            same could be done using V4.

            >>> 73,
            John

            From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

            <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>
            >> [mailto:

            played a lot with APRS on HF lately with great fun.

            >>> The challenge on HF is the 300baud packet mode,
            but then I was thinking
            >> what
            >>> about using winmor in
            stead? I know that BPQ32 work with the winmor tnc

            and
            >>> what I would like was a possibility to connect my aprsis32
            software to
            >>> winmor tnc using bpq32 as a sort of gateway.
            >>>
            >>> la5vna S
            >>>
            >>> --- In
            BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

            <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

            <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "John
            >>> Wiseman"
            <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

            Steinar.

> [...]
            do - there may be a way!