RE: [BPQ32] Re: BPQ32, WINMOR TNC and KISS

  • Jerry
    Message 1 of 16 , May 2, 2013

      Try BPQAPRS…

      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Steinar Aanesland
      Sent: Thursday, May 2, 2013 4:14 PM
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [BPQ32] Re: BPQ32, WINMOR TNC and KISS

      Well, aprsis32 is the APRS software I am using. I find it more clean and
      intuitive than UI-View32

      LA5VNA Steinar
      loc:JO59jq

    • Steinar Aanesland
      Message 2 of 16 , May 2, 2013
        Yes, but is able to run APPS through WINMOR FEC mode?

        LA5VNA Steinar
        loc:JO59jq

      • Jerry
        Message 3 of 16 , May 2, 2013

          Ok… I see.. No ..

          Maybe john can add that in …

          I did not know UIView 32 could… I quit using UIVIEW in favor of BPQAPRS…

          73

          Yes, but is able to run APPS through WINMOR FEC mode?

          LA5VNA Steinar
          loc:JO59jq

          Den 02.05.2013 23:58, skrev Jerry:

          > Try BPQAPRS.

        • N9ACQ
          Message 4 of 16 , May 2, 2013

            Steiner

                            Programs must have either the BPQ, AGW , WINMOR or virtual com ;port that emulates a KAM/+. That may be the route you need to investigate. I use it for Paclink - BPQ – WINMOR.

            73 Bill

            N9ACQ

            Message 5 of 16 , May 3, 2013
              Not yet.

              But it was designed to  - I just never got round to do doing it.

              It would be pretty easy to add WINMOR FEC to BPQAPRS, it would take much more effort to write something that emulated a KISS TNC so it could be used by other APRS programs.

              73, John

              Yes, but is able to run APPS through WINMOR FEC mode?

              LA5VNA Steinar
              loc:JO59jq

              Den 02.05.2013 23:58, skrev Jerry:

              > Try
              BPQAPRS.

              To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

              > Well, aprsis32 is the APRS software I am using. I
              find it more clean and
              > intuitive than UI-View32
              >
              > LA5VNA
              Steinar
              > loc:JO59jq
              >
              > Den 02.05.2013 22:09, skrev John
              Wiseman:
              >> Ok,
              >>
              >> It would be a lot easier to
              interface to the BPQ32 APRS software, Do you
              >> particularly want to
              use aprsis32?

              >> John
              >>
              >> _____
              >>
              >> From:
              > [mailto:
              > Of

              Steinar Aanesland
              >> Sent: 02 May 2013 21:01
              >> To:
              >> Subject: Re: [BPQ32] Re:
              BPQ32, WINMOR TNC and KISS

              ,

              >> That is exactly what I am thinking about :) I am
              looking forward to this
              >> option , if you got the time
              ;)

              >> LA5VNA Steinar

              loc:JO59jq

              >> Den 02.05.2013 21:35, skrev John
              Wiseman:
              >>> It would be possible to send APRS messages as WINMOR
              FEC packets. I did
              >>> think about doing it once, but never gor
              round to it. Maybe now is the
              >> time!
              >>> When I have an
              hour or two to spare I'll have a look at it.

              >>> The
              same could be done using V4.

              >>> 73,
              John

              From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

              <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>
              >> [mailto:

              played a lot with APRS on HF lately with great fun.

              >>> The challenge on HF is the 300baud packet mode,
              but then I was thinking
              >> what
              >>> about using winmor in
              stead? I know that BPQ32 work with the winmor tnc

              and
              >>> what I would like was a possibility to connect my aprsis32
              software to
              >>> winmor tnc using bpq32 as a sort of gateway.
              >>>
              >>> la5vna S
              >>>
              >>> --- In
              BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

              <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

              <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "John
              >>> Wiseman"
              <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

              Steinar.

> [...]
              do - there may be a way!